What's new

Halo questions (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
1 - How long did it take you guys to be done with the original Halo?

2 - I spend a lot of time looking around every single rock, crate etc... for goodies, clips, health packs, secrets etc... except I haven't found anything hidden so far... am I wasting my time? I just want to know if there is any point in exploring, rather than heading straight for my objective, especially since I want to go through this one ASAP and get on with the sequel.

3 - How long do you figure the sequel will take to complete?

--
H

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Well, I played the single player Halo on and off for a few months. Beat the game once alone on Normal, then once on both Heroic and Legendary, some alone and some Co-op. Definitely felt like I got my money's worth from it.

As for the sequel-if my first pass through the game takes 15 hours, I'll be happy. I'll probably go through again on the higher difficulties if there's some payoff (the Legendary ending for Halo was really funny).

Ike

Screenwriter
1-I'd say about 10 hours, but I've heard some people say it took them 15-20.

2-I don't remember a ton of hidden stuff.

3-I don't know.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member

Man, you would love Metroid Prime then.

It took me about 15 hours to finish Halo, single player was kind of fun but to me it felt like hardly anything new. Co-op made it more of an experience. Had a ball playing multiplayer with friends though.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Good to hear, I don't really enjoy looking for hidden stuff in this type of game, so I am glad to hear that. I want to head straight for the action/story.

And with 10-20 hours, I may be acquiring Halo2 much faster than I thought... and join the H2 frenzy next week :emoji_thumbsup:.

--
H

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
The first time I went thru the entire thing was in a late-night coop game w/ a buddy...took us about 8 hours, IIRC.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
As with secrets, I believe there's one that one of the designers hid in as a tribute to his girlfriend.

I'm not sure if I'm right, but I believe you must play The Pillar of Autumn on Legendary, and in the room you start in go to the rear of it and find a way to jump on top of the yellow barrel on that side of the room. Then proceed to the bridge but go into the other doorway in there next to where you entered. I think on the wall or something is some initials made of bullet holes and a heart made of blood around it, or something like that.

If it doesn't work, then I got it wrong. It's been a while.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
One piece of advice to those 'new' to Halo and Halo 2 (OK, we're ALL new to Halo 2!):

Start your first campaign on Heroic. The default is way too easy!

Sergey M

Stunt Coordinator
Agree with Scott. Normal was too easy for me but Heroic was just right. Legendary on the other hand was plain crazy. :) I remember I've gotten as far mid way through the 2nd level on it and that's where I got stuck.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter

I thought that too, hell, even Legendary was easy in Halo 1. NOT THE CASE WITH HALO 2!!!!!!!!! Much, much, more difficult.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member

I don't know if I'd go as far as calling Legendary easy, but it certainly was possible (especially with co-op). We'll see about Halo 2 though.

I'll have to quit reading any of the ahlo 2 threads now-I've managed to go this long without finding out about the story, I'm not going to ruin it now.

Jonny Halifax

Auditioning
Halo was a great game by itself but Multi-player is what makes a game become a legend. Take Counter strike as an example. The one player is simply a simulated on-line match. Most reviewers were prepared to give the game a 6/10 or worse until they tried the game on-line. Counterstrike is probably the most addictive on-line game I've played thus far and it has nothing to do with graphics or depth of story - it is simple, fast, extremely fun (or frustrating depending on who you play against), and there are always games available to play.

At the end of day when everyone has played one player through it will be the on-line death matches that will make this game hugely popular for years to come. And if you think the computer is hard to kill - wait until the fanatics take this game to the next level. There is already a Halo team in the World Cyber Games and they had only system -link to practice - although I've heard of people playing on-line with a CPU tricking the x-box into thinking it was linked but the lag was pretty bad.

SEE YOU ON_LINE!

ZoranM

Stunt Coordinator
My friend and I did Halo2 on normal co-op in just under 10 hours. We are now trying it on Legendary. (whole different experience).

cheers,

Zoran

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks