What's new

Shrek 2 - where are the reviews? (1 Viewer)

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
So the release is 2 weeks away, and still nobody on the planet knows whether the box set is going to be released in widescreen? There are contradicting info all over the internet, what's going on here? Seems like an awful joke to me...

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
I'm not sure what conflicting information you've been getting, but the box set is not going to be available in a widescreen version. The only set ever announced was a fullscreen version, that's it.

EDIT: When I'm talking about Fullscreen and Widescreen, I'm only referring to the films, not the bonus Shrek 3D and Story So Far discs. I believe both of those may be widescreen.

Ryan Wong

Stunt Coordinator
Is the ordinary region 1 Shrek 2 DVD only contains 1 disc?

I recently saw my nearby DVD shop started to sell region 3 Shrek 2 DVD, in both single disc edition and 2 disc edition. Both of them are in widescreen I think. They are put together with region 3 Shrek DVD, which is very confusing.

So what will be inside the 2nd disc?

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit
I can only find 3 online reviews, odd for such a major release?! Was it not sent out in advance for review?

Also a quick question (as it's bugging me that I can't find out!) - does the widescreen version have a chapter insert or an insert of any kind?

cheers.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Knowing DreamWork's practice as of late there
are usually no advance screeners sent out.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
A VHS screener was made available but as of today's mail I haven't received a DVD yet. If I don't receive a screener then I'll buy the disc on Friday so that a review can be posted.

aaron campbell

Second Unit
I doubt an insert will be included. The studios make these stupid slip covers but don't include chapter inserts. Makes no sense.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Bingo. Like Colin, I requested last week and they told me that nothing would be sent out until street-date at the earliest. I don't know about you, Colin, but they spent a ton of cash to overnight Fed-Ex a binder with some press material a month ago, yet won't send out a review copy of the product, which would get them MEGA press.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

Nope. And why would they release one? If anything, several months from now, you won't even be able to purchase the widescreen version of the DVD, just fullscreen.

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
The disappointment over the Shrek releases is well founded.

What would have been so wrong with having Shrek 2 be a release like the original release of Shrek? That release had both OAR and P&S on separate discs, DTS on the OAR, and was choke full of extras. That pleased everybody.

Shrek has the biggest example of malicious marketing I can think of for a DVD. If you wanted Shrek 3D, you had to by a copy of Shrek that was useless because 1) you probably already own Shrek, and 2) it was P&S only. Now if you want the extras disc for Shrek 2, you have to get it with copies of Shrek and Shrek 2 that are P&S only, so you end up having to get them or have already gotten them separately, and if you fell for the Shrek 3D tie in, you now have bought Shrek 3D twice, and you have bought a useless P&S only copy of Shrek twice.

Dreamworks, this is ridiculous. Shrek 2 is such a great movie that I will buy it since you are releasing it OAR, but I am not playing this game of extraneous purchases just to get a bonus disc, and this crap does filter through to other purchase decisions I would consider of your products.

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I just wish the studio was at least consistent with their titles. If the initial Shrek release had DTS, then Shrek 2 should have it, no question.

Ryan Wong

Stunt Coordinator
What extras are included in the Shrek 2 bonus disc that come along with Shrek 1 & 2 Fullscreen package?

Could this disc be the 2nd disc for Shrek 2 - 2 disc special edition in region 3?

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
What Aaron said x 100!!! This is the most ridiculous marketing from Dreamworks I'v ever experience, and I WILL NOT be buying Shrek 2 for that reason. Unfortunately, Dreamworks will not give a damn if I buy the movie or not, because millions of people will...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks