What's new

Onkyo TX-NR1000 availability? (1 Viewer)

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know what happened to the Onkyo TX-NR1000? It was supposed to be released in April, but I don't think it's available anywhere yet. Any info?

Yung

Stunt Coordinator
OneCall has it in their latest catalog, but I don't know the exact ETA on this receiver.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Yes, I saw it in their catalog, but if you go to their website it's not available even for pre-order.

Yung

Stunt Coordinator
I read in another post that Onkyo is holding off releasing updates to their higher end receivers, 800/900 series until early 2005. The same will probably hold true of the 1000 series. Best bet is to give OneCall a call.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the info! That's quite a wait -- the receiver was announced in January 2004!

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Good thread at AVS about this unit: I've brought some of that info over here as well.

AVS thread

Official Product Page

MSP is around $4500...

Here's what 5 beans MSRP will get you:

Here's what's neat about this product and what excites me about the future of HT, as this and its Integra Research bretheren bring about what I feel is a much needed new trend in electronics.

They're taking a cue from the PC.

You can upgrade components on this very much like you currently do with a PC.

So, barring an outright paradigm shift, you theoretically would never have to replace or upgrade the receiver itself. Very futureproof. For this kind of money, you damned well better be, but this is amongst the most futureprood piece of electronics I've ever seen.

I'm amazed.

Among other things that are forthcoming, here are some of the circuit cards you can choose (and are easy to install for yourself) as you would see fit:

The card prices vary wildly. The following prices were converted from official Jap Integra Research retail prices (USA street is a bit cheaper - Onkyo and Integra share modules):

Base Video Module - $300
HDMI Module - $500
D4 Module - $200 (Japan Only Probably)
Compnent BNC Module - $150
Component RCA Module - $100
Net Tune Module - $200
AMFM Module - $100
AES/EBU/Multi Channel Module - $150ish (I was quoted discounted - Included in Japan)
Double MultiChannel Input Module - $100 (Educated Guess - Not Available in Japan)

This is the current state of module rumours:
Sirius Radio Module (Likely)
XM Radio Module (Likely)
HDMI 1.1 Module (Almost Certain)
Room Correction Module (Rumour Only)
DAB Radio Module ("Under Consideration" - Likely Europe.Middle East Only)

Oh yeah, it's 72 lbs. You will need help installing and taking delivery of this small truck.

You may drool now. ;)

JoeRod

Auditioning
I do, and it is the most integral part of my HOME THEATER! The HDMi switching is flawless. Ths sound is breathtaking. The flexible hookup options is conveinant. It pairs PERFECT with my SP1000! Having both of these as a combo makes one serious HOME THEATER! The possiblilty to upgrade to different modules and sound decoder options makes it priceless...Great job ONKYO!!!

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
I just really love this idea that they've brought over from essentially the PC world: Upgradability and future proofing in that you can customize and upgrade via circuit cards what YOU want vs. having to get a whole new receiver. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

I've shown that piece across several forums that I go to, and no one can believe it!

Don't be surprised if you get some PM's and emails in the not too distant future, Joe. ;)

Richard_B

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed in a post above it was mentioned that the Onkyo and Integra units share the same modules. This leaves me curious as to what differences the two actually have. Does the Integra unit have anything different, better DACs, XLR inputs etc... Is there a different price tag for the two? This receiver sure is a great idea, Makes me wonder how long it will be before others follow.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
I've ended up with the Integra 10.5 (the Integra equivalent to the Onkyo mentioned before). I don't know about internals, but by default Integra ships without the following add-on boards present on the Onkyo: multi-channel input, HDMI input, iLink input and Network card. The Integra is also more expensive, but if you don't need some of these inputs, it may actually cost less in the configuration you want.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik

An amazing shot that provides a better perspective for how the card setup looks. WOW!

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
http://www.integrahometheater.com/buildtoorder.cfm

This just gets better and better. As you all know, Integra and Onkyo are essentially the same company. Integra is the higher end version of the same products. This is a link to the Integra version of this same receiver.

This link allows you to CUSTOM BUILD your unit as you want and then you prepare that worksheet and take it to the dealer of your choice.

Neat! :emoji_thumbsup:

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
I even attempted to use it when I was buying mine. I quickly changed my mind when the dealer told me it would result in a) receiver being more expensive and b) waiting longer for it to arrive. I ordered the necessary cards along with the receiver and plugged them in myself.

Nicu

Grip
Dmitry,

Thank you, I called a few Integra dealers and each gave me a different MSRP for the cards I was interested in:

AM/FM tuner: dealer 1: $100, dealer 2: $120, dealer 3: $65.

Multi channel: dealer 1: $200, dealer 2: $240, dealer 3: $250.

Video module ( not HDMI): dealer 1: $300, dealer 2: $360, dealer 3: $320.

I was also told that starting January 1 2005 there is a $200 charge if Integra builds the unit for you.

N

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Nicu,

I believe AM/FM tuner is included in base configuration (I have it and I didn't have to order it). The prices I gave you were given to me by the dealer as "at cost" as I bought the cards along with the receiver. If by "video module" you're referring to an extra component switching card, I don't know the price as I didn't need it.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
This is some interesting information, for the sake of comparing the Integra to its Onkyo counterpart.

I hope this forumer wouldn't mind me quoting him. My question at AVS's thread for this unit was: What's the differences between the Integra and its Onkyo counterpart?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks