Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

A few words about... I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Robert Harris

Robert Harris

• 8,518 posts

Posted October 31 2004 - 04:27 AM

Although I had seen Get Carter back in 1971, I didn't realize that I was viewing the same filmmaker's work when, a dozen years later, I saw Missing Pieces on television. Mike Hodges, who is responsible for these works, in addition to The Terminal Man, Omen 2 and Crupier, which also stars I'll Sleep's Clive Own, has created a wonder modern (color) film noir set in the shadowed, yet beautifully lit streets in England. This is a tale of revenge, but isn't a simple tale. One is left to discover who the characters are and why they do what they do. The film forces the viewer to think. At times it had me thinking of The Limey; at others Cat Ballou -- I'll Sleep When I'm Dead is one of those little films which can easily get lost in the high powered world of DVD between any number of mega-hits. And that would be a pity. The film delivers and comes recommended from these quarters. RAH

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." T.E. Lawrence

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Bradley-E

• 1,019 posts

Posted November 01 2004 - 10:45 AM

I actually did pay to see this movie in the Theatre and did pre-order it with Columbia House. It is a very good Noir(ish) thriller.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Jae_E

• 29 posts

Posted November 01 2004 - 11:46 AM

Thanks for the recommendation, Mr. Harris. I'm most anxious to see this one.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Yumbo

• 2,243 posts

Posted August 06 2005 - 09:32 PM

Didn't you think the ending was TERRIBLE?

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Kate*H

• 36 posts

Posted August 07 2005 - 06:32 AM

I liked it actually, it left things up in the air for you to decide yourself.
Personally, I think he left the woman at her house to get murdered and got the hell out of dodge

Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users