What's new

Angel season 5 (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2380

Disc 1:
"Conviction" (Part 1) - Commentary by Writer/Director Joss Whedon
"Just Rewards" (Part 2)
"Unleashed"
"Hell Bound"
Featurette:
"Hey Kids! It's Smile Time!"

Disc 2:
"Life of the Party"
"The Cautionary Tale of Nemero Cinco"
"Lineage"
"Destiny" - Commentary by Director Skip Schoolnik, Writers David Fury and Steven S. DeKnight and Juliet Landau.

Disc 3:
"Harm's Way"
"Soul Purpose" - Commentary by Director / Actor David Boreanaz, Writer Brent Fletcher, Christian Kane
"Damage"

Disc 4:
"You're Welcome" - Commentary by Director / Actor David Fury, Christian Kane and Sarah Thompson
"Why We Fight"
"Smile Time"
"A Hole In The World" - Commentary by Writer/Director Joss Whedon, Amy Acker, Alexic Denisof
Featurette:
"Angel 100"

Disc 5:
"Shells"
"Underneath" - Commentary by Director Skip Schoolnik, Writer Elizabeth Craft, Writer Sarah Fain and Adam Baldwin
"Origin"
"Time Bomb"
Featurette:
"Angel: Choreography of a Stunt"

Disc 6:
"The Girl in Question"
"Power Play"
"Not Fade Away" - Commentary by Co-Writer/Director Jeffrey Bell
Featurettes:
"Angel: The Final Season" (27:15)
"To Live & Die in L.A.: The Best of Angel" (8:48)
"Halos and Horns: Recurring Villainy" (9:22)
"Angel Unbound: The Gag Reels" (8:51)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
So once again, as with season 4, disc 3 will have three episodes but no special features (other than the one commentary)? What a waste of space.

I may have missed an earlier explanation, but what ever happened to the tribute to Glenn Quinn ("Doyle") that was rumored to be in the works?

M.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
I don't remember hearing about that. He got a "in loving memory" at the end of Long Day's Journey.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Looks pretty good. About on par with the Season 4 set which was loaded. Now I just have to decide whether I go with Region 1 or 2.

A quick warning to those who haven't seen Season 5 yet and are unaware of any spoilers. You may want to skip over the commentary participants since it gives away the identity of a certain guest star.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
I think Region 2 comes out in February. It'll be the first time both R1 and R2 get a buffy/angel set at the same time.

John McM

Second Unit
there's a small tribute to Doyle/Glenn in the "You're Welcome" episode, which coincidentally was also Charisma Carpenter's final episode.

Andreas_K

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder what made them change the pattern of having extras like featurettes exlusively on Disc 3 and 6 which only have three episodes. They started this in season 4 already with the "Angel and the apocalypse" featurette. I thought it was pretty neat if you only had two discs to check if you're looking for a certain special feature.

I don't watch extras until after I've finished the season because sometimes they include spoilers. In my opinion extras (except commentaries of course) should be put on the final disc of a set. Even if they're episode specific it still would make them more easy to locate. That this would accomodate my viewing habits would be a nice bonus ;)

dailW

Stunt Coordinator
i just hope there is some good cracks at the WB for letting this great show get away.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I was hoping to see Charisma on the You're Welcome commentary, but that's okay. Also, I was looking for some Drew Goddard commentaries.

Definitely can't wait for this. It may be the most uneven season, but it's one of my favorites. Lineage, You're Welcome, Smile Time, A Hole in the World, Shells, Origin, and Not Fade Away are some of the best episodes in the series.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
Yeah its weird that Drew didn't do a commentary. Yeah you could use "busy at Alias" as an example, but Jeff Bell did a commentary too. Hmm..Oh well.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Sad to see there isn't a commentary on Smile Time, Edlund did them for The Tick.

Yeah, WB probably wishes they had this show back now, since new "hits" Jack and Bobby and The Mountain pull in half the viewers. And they didn't even pick up the Dark Shadows remake.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Cool. Was hoping for a little more, but....

Too bad they'll probably have to break the pattern for the cover art with Angel and Cordelia. ;)

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
Man! It's going to be heartbreaking re-watching Not Fade Away, knowing that it's going out in an anti-climatic way. It'll probably be a few years (if ever) that we will get some kind of satisfying conclusion since Joss Whedon has shut down Mutant Enemy and gone on hiatus from TV.

Matt Thompson

Stunt Coordinator
...or just Spike, as WB would probably prefer it. I like his character quite a bit, but overrated doesn't begin to cover it. I liked the fact that Season 5 had enough sense to make Spike the wise-cracking side-man again. It's what he does best, and his "Mr. Buffy" status in BTVS seasons 6 and 7 hurt that show.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
^ Yes! Always nice to see more cast members doing commentary.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor

Is this hiatus because of his movie he's doing, or are there other reasons? Fill me in please.

I loved Buffy, and recently picked up season one of Angel during Amazon.com's 14.99 for season one of Fox sets a while back. I'm glad I did!

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit

Nope! He's going on hiatus due to his disgust over the saturation/prevalence of reality based programs over scripted TV. (Plus he has A second child on the way)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks