Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Motown CDs...which have the best quality?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Lead Actor

• 6,682 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted October 29 2004 - 07:13 PM

I'm looking to get some of the 1960s Motown recordings on CD...which ones have the best sound quality and selection?

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then. And while you're at it, PLEASE stop dropping DVD/laserdisc extras from Blu-ray releases of other films.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Kenny_H

Kenny_H

Stunt Coordinator

• 121 posts

Posted October 30 2004 - 05:49 PM

First off, I would suggest anything labeled "REMASTERED", "ULTIMATE" or "MASTER SERIES". Of course the quality will still vary according to original condition, an engineers ear and decisions. I have purchased several box sets (tempations- Emperors Of Soul, Marvin Gaye-The Master, The Four Tops FourEver, etc) and single cd's that have the latest pressing as possible. My series of Motown music takes up it fair share in my 2 Sony 400 disc changers and i'm always on the lookout for more! Compared to their earliest cd release (Motown 9000 series) most of it is worth the time searching for it)!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users