What's new

Ghost In The Shell VOL 02... Recalled when it came out? (1 Viewer)

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
O.K. Ghost In The Shell VOL 01 Collectors edition had its know problems, and Bandai responded fairly quikly with a correction. Now I was anxiosly waiting for volume 02 this past tuesday and not a thing? The sign for it was up but no DVD. I asked the manager, and he told e he had for in the back, but that he got an urgent FAX not to put it out on display becuase they have been recalled. VOL 03 is schedule for next month, and nobody has a clue when VOL 02 will be out now. It does appear that online retailers are still selling them, so if anybody actually got one maybe we could get to the bottom of this story.

Ozzie

Eric Meske

Stunt Coordinator
I got mine on release day from DeepDiscount. The only problem I experienced was the DTS disc being labeled Dolby Digital and vice versa.

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
Bandai might be recalling these DVD's the day they came out for a mislabeled track? That is surprising product support! If that is the only reason for this recalled it is truly a company that stands by its product. Wish I could say the same for others.

Ozzie

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Oswald,
This has been discussed many a place online (check animeondvd.com for example). As Eric says, the discs were mis-labeled, so the regular disc had the DTS track, and the DTS-labeled disc had the DD 5.1 track (so if you bought the single disc version and didn't have DTS playback capabilities, you were kinda screwed). Best Buy had fixed copies out right away (My copy, which i picked up on the first of October, I think, was fixed) but by now, most everywhere should have fixed discs, or if you *do* get a switched disc, Bandai has an exchange program.
http://www.animeondvd.com/glitch/G.php

Also, Vol. 2 came out on 9/28, not this past Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks