What's new

The Fifth Element SE (CONSOLIDATED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
again with the fith element ! whats going on with cthv?.
oh and at long last a leon special ed but where is the comentary that was promised

from the great dvd answers

: Columbia SE's
Starring: N/A (Various)
Released: 11th January 2005
SRP: $24.96 Each

Further Details
Arriving early next year in two-disc special edition form will be The Fifth Element starring Bruce Willis and Milla Jovovich, and Leon which stars Jean Reno and Natalie Portman. Both will be available to own from the 11th January, priced at around $24.96 each. Extras on The Fifth Element will include a Star Element featurette and film gallery, a Visual Element featurette and film gallery, Alien Element which is another gallery of featurettes, a Digital Element featurette and more. The special edition of Leon will also include a wealth of new extra material, along with the unrated international version of the movie in a Superbit™ presentation. Extras will include a ten year reunion featurette entitled The Professional, a Trial by Fire: Natalie Portman As Mathilda featurette, a Birth of a Star: Jean Reno As Leon featurette and more. We'll bring you further details on these new titles, including the official region one artwork, shortly. Stay tuned.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I have the R2 of the fifth element. nice packaging for it.. but the extras are just okay.

JACOB

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
Cool, I've been wanting to pick up 5th Element for a while but for some reason haven't. Which is strange because its so cheap now, did the PQ suck on the old one?

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz

Quite the opposite. In Region 1, both the regular and Superbit versions have fantastic picture and audio quality.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Are these both superbits with extra discs? If so I'm sold. I haven't actually paid for wither of these, getting them as gifts, but I'll upgrade them at that price.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
quote:Cool, I've been wanting to pick up 5th Element for a while but for some reason haven't. Which is strange because its so cheap now, did the PQ suck on the old one?

Both are considered reference quality and are frequently cited as test discs in equipment reviews.

BGL

Chris Rein

Stunt Coordinator
Here we go with the triple/quadruple dips! But not for me!
smile.gif

The "best" version is already out for both films according to CTHV, Superbit, so there's no need to make another one. What a waste of time and money on their part.

They are just trying to milk the DVD cow as hard as they can until Blueray/HD-DVD comes out. Then there will be probably 2 or three more versions in that format, "SuperDuperBit!"
biggrin.gif

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
There was a time I would have been excited about this, and theres been a few times I have considered importing the R2 SE of Fifth Element, but the movie stands so well on its own, I cant justify triple-dipping on this one junst for some supplements, and if Columbia's past history holds true, this new version will probably lose the dts track and have a lower bitrate on the video.

Unless this was a true SE where there was a longer cut of the movie or the picture was somehow improved, I won't be getting this.

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor
quote:In Region 1, both the regular and Superbit versions have fantastic picture and audio quality.

Until you watch the regular version on a larger display like a front projector, then it falls apart. The Superbit, however, I would agree has fantastic picture and audio quality.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I love my Fifth Element Superbit...so no double-dip

As to Leon, if it includes the awful Superbit, again no double-dip. I'm happy with my corrected International Version

As to a reference disc, you're right. I always bring mine (FE-SB) to mini-meets and it is a highlight on various set-ups.

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
this is an automatic buy for me. I've been waiting for a 2 disc set of this. I am a genuine extras freak, and despite great picture and sound, i've been holding off for something like this. At last!
biggrin.gif

Gary Burdick

Stunt Coordinator
Hopefully the Leon Superbit included in this release will be corrected and not just the superbit that's already out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks