Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

PB10-ISD is Shipping!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#1 of 91 steve nn

steve nn

Screenwriter

• 2,420 posts

Posted October 27 2004 - 12:00 PM

Great job SVS! I decided to check mail and received a UPS notice. I figured it was in regards to another item on order, but it also related to the PB10-ISD. It looks as though they/SVS are a (little ahead of schedule) on this one. From the words shared so far on the PB10-ISD by Ed JM and a few others and also knowing past history of SVS> IMO this sub will be a mighty performer for a not so mighty price. I'm Really looking forward to it.

#2 of 91 John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,521 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted October 27 2004 - 12:21 PM

Posted Image

Sweet. Maybe that means mine will ship soon too.Posted Image
HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

#3 of 91 steve nn

steve nn

Screenwriter

• 2,420 posts

Posted October 27 2004 - 12:36 PM

I'm hoping for you John! With your background> I'm anticipating your take.

#4 of 91 elMalloc

elMalloc

Supporting Actor

• 801 posts

Posted October 27 2004 - 01:19 PM

I ordered an SVS 16-46PCI tonight for my 11x11 room.Posted Image

#5 of 91 Edward J M

Edward J M

Screenwriter

• 2,031 posts

Posted October 27 2004 - 02:07 PM

You see Steve? SVS didn't forget about you after all. I wouldn't be surprised if your PB10-ISD was the first shipped, actually. I think you were one of the first early adopters? Posted Image
Ed Mullen
Director - Technology and Customer Relations

SVS

www.svsound.com

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

#6 of 91 SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter

• 1,074 posts

Posted October 27 2004 - 05:26 PM

Steve,

Yup, the crew pulled an 18 hour day just to get the first batch out a full day (really two) early. They did a hell of a job. Many more will be flowing out tomorrow, Friday and all thru next week, at which point we'll get the bulk of pre-orders out though not all.

There will be some pause while we recharge the supply lines and then we'll push hard all the last half of November to finish up the most recent pre-orders and catch up on those orders still flowing in.

We thought we planned for a crush of orders but since performance even exceeded our expectations I guess it's no surprise that orders have too. We're regrouping fast and will make sure that we can keep up as we head into the holiday rush.

Just a word to the wise, since we did indeed beat our self-imposed deadline of 6 months ago to street this new SVS, pre-order pricing will end as announced in the wee hours of 1 NOV. Price will still be a very reasonable $429.

I would like to think the PB10-ISD shipping had alot to do with the final end to the curse of the Bambino. Though I'm sure there could be other reasons ;^)

Ron

#7 of 91 oliverLim

oliverLim

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted October 27 2004 - 10:31 PM

Great news Ron. I may just bite to get a unit for Music only and leave my PC-Ultra for my LFE! :-)

My PC-Ultra would look menacing standing on top of the PB-10!

Oliver

#8 of 91 steve nn

steve nn

Screenwriter

• 2,420 posts

Posted October 28 2004 - 09:47 AM

I ordered an SVS 16-46PCI tonight for my 11x11 room.Posted Image
__________________________________________________ ______

Good for you elMalloc. In that size room your going to have more than plenty of horse-power thats for sure. Be sure to let us know what you think. Come to think of it> Is this your first SVS purchase? If so, welcome to the clan. Posted Image

>>>You see Steve? SVS didn't forget about you after all.<<<

No never thought they did. Erik has assured me that he will cut back on the coffee and I will do like-wisePosted Image Most won't know what we're talking about, but it all boils down to a miss-communication and the Bambino effect as Ron mentioned.

I placed my order at the same time of placing my order with the PB12-Ultra/2, so it looks as though I was very fortunate to be one of the first. Not a bad thing for a guy who puts allot of thought into his subs I will admit.

Nice to hear from you Ron. To be honest with you I figured a month or so added to your original street date. As time got closer, I figured well maybe a week. To actually beet it is quite the feat. I wonder if the SVS muscle is getting more capable of the liftPosted Image I fully understand it boils down to your suppliers and delays make you angrier than your customers. No doubt about SVS not doing every thing within their reach to make it happen. 18 hr day for your crew says allot. They must have a sense of reward knowing how much it's appreciated or they wouldn't do it and of course the added cost to you says much.
>>>I would like to think the PB10-ISD shipping had allot to do with the final end to the curse of the Bambino. Though I'm sure there could be other reasons ;^)<<<

Most likely Ron and I for one am happy for you and the Crew in regardsPosted Image

>>>My PC-Ultra would look menacing standing on top of the PB-10!<<<

Sure why not Oliver. The PB10-ISD would make a good friend for the Ultra. Thats why I picked mine upPosted Image One sub has a tendency to get a little lonely now and then. The Ultra will reward you for the nice gesture. Posted Image

#9 of 91 elMalloc

elMalloc

Supporting Actor

• 801 posts

Posted October 28 2004 - 09:57 AM

2nd purchase, have a 25-31pci in my parent's 20x20 open room and it's PLENTY loud. Will make sure to calibrate the 16-46 in my room and of course play at comfortable levels. I've notice even with the sub downstairs, even at very very low levels, you can hear the accuracy of the bass - the only thing I cna describe it as is being a "full" sound, soothing to the ears - almost lik ea fire place is soothing to the skin.

Posted Image Posted Image

#10 of 91 oliverLim

oliverLim

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted October 28 2004 - 02:48 PM

>>>> Sure why not Oliver. The PB10-ISD would make a good friend for the Ultra. Thats why I picked mine up One sub has a tendency to get a little lonely now and then. The Ultra will reward you for the nice gesture. <<<

I agree! Now I have 3 days to decide. Going to be a long weekend! :-)

Oliver

#11 of 91 Brandon:W

Brandon:W

Stunt Coordinator

• 80 posts

Posted October 28 2004 - 03:42 PM

Mine's shipping as of today too! Posted Image

Looking forward to my first SVS. And this sucker's replacing a 10 year old 50W Yamaha sub. I think it's going to be quite a difference.

Brandon

#12 of 91 elMalloc

elMalloc

Supporting Actor

• 801 posts

Posted October 28 2004 - 03:49 PM

all who have heard an SVS before give a big "lol" to brandon.Posted Image

#13 of 91 MalluS

MalluS

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted October 29 2004 - 04:04 AM

Please post your reviews as you get his sub.

#14 of 91 Greg Z

Greg Z

Stunt Coordinator

• 110 posts

Posted October 29 2004 - 05:12 AM

When did you guys order your subs? I'm trying to get an idea of when mine might be shipped...

#15 of 91 Tingwe

Tingwe

Stunt Coordinator

• 56 posts

Posted October 29 2004 - 05:16 AM

greg, if you order today it might be shipped out the last half of november. me thinks those whose subs were shipped 2 days ago pre-ordered it on the very first day right at a few minutes after you're able to pre-order online.
mine should be shipped sometimes next wk Posted Image
"I am going to count to 3. There will be no 4."

#16 of 91 SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter

• 1,074 posts

Posted October 29 2004 - 05:22 AM

Greg,

There's a ebb and flow to shipping a new unit like this (with masses of pre-orders to work through).

Your best bet is simply to e-mail us with your full name (order number isn't critical) and we'll do our best to give you an ETA.

Many shipped this week, many more are lined up for next week (though supply chains this early in a new product launch are more like "Slinky's" than chains ;^) To say we're pushing hard on suppliers to keep up is an understatement. In fact we have a new Material Manager on staff who's entire job is pretty much just that. Since he came to us from Toyota, he's not used to taking "no" for an answer 8^)

The ramp is pretty steep on the numbers going out. We're hitting new records every week with this new SVS. I'm confident they'll be everything and more than you hoped though and worth every minute of the wait.

Ron

PS Try custservice@svsubwoofers.com and someone should be able to get a close SWAG to you quickly.

#17 of 91 elMalloc

elMalloc

Supporting Actor

• 801 posts

Posted October 29 2004 - 05:26 AM

Go Ron, Go!Posted Image SVS is growing very fast, it seemed to be kind of a small market when I bought it 2 years ago, it's crazy now all you hear about are people saying how SVS is the bar.

-ELmOPosted Image

#18 of 91 Greg Z

Greg Z

Stunt Coordinator

• 110 posts

Posted October 29 2004 - 05:40 AM

Thanks Ron!Posted Image I'll shoot off an email. What was that line in that old Tom Petty song? "The waiting is the hardest part"! Posted Image

#19 of 91 Brandon:W

Brandon:W

Stunt Coordinator

• 80 posts

Posted October 29 2004 - 08:25 AM

I placed my order on 09/20 - 14:37 CDT Posted Image

#20 of 91 steve nn

steve nn

Screenwriter

• 2,420 posts

Posted October 29 2004 - 10:12 AM

Looking forward to my first SVS. And this sucker's replacing a 10 year old 50W Yamaha sub. I think it's going to be quite a difference.
__________________________________________________ ______

Oh my yes. Brandon it's going to be like night and day, no doubt about it. I remember going from the like said sub to a Velo ct-150 and it was incredible. When I moved on to SVS from dual ct-150s it was close to the same jump again. So with you going from your little 50W jobbie straight to SVS, you have good reason to think "it's going to be quite a difference". I'm not being gaga, just the plain straight truth imo. Please be sure to let us knowPosted Image

>>>I agree! Now I have 3 days to decide. Going to be a long weekend! :-)<<<

You'll figure it out Oliver. One way or the other it will be whats right for you. Happy thinking!

>>>When did you guys order your subs? I'm trying to get an idea of when mine might be shipped...<<<

Sorry I can't be much of a help to you Greg. I place my orders before their/new offerings are even thought upPosted Image Wife, Kids, Friends, work and Subs are my passion and not necessarily in that order. O! > and the Forum.

>>>The ramp is pretty steep on the numbers going out. We're hitting new records every week with this new SVS. I'm confident they'll be everything and more than you hoped though and worth every minute of the wait.<<<

Great new's Ron. Most to all of us would agree that the wait is worth every minute. No use settling on second best or the like when your talking a few weeks to a month. It can be tempting at times but afterwards we're always glad we did. It only takes a day for remorse to set in if a guy doesn't hold fast for what his heart desires and knows whats best.