-

Photo

Cassette Adapter/2001 Impala

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   RomanSohor

RomanSohor

Second Unit

• 360 posts

Posted October 27 2004 - 08:30 AM

Hi guys,

I recently bought my fiancee an XM SkyFi with the car kit, and she was loving it until her stereo started rejecting the cassette adapter.

It worked beautifully for about a week, and then it began spitting the tape adapter out randomly every few minutes. It would start off ok for about 10 minutes, then would flash "Check Tape" on the radio's display, and then spit out the adapter. The more times you put it back in, the more rapidly it would spit it out the next time.

We've got the factory AM/FM/Cass/CD in the car, and although I could probably get another unit installed for her with my BB discount, it would not be preferable because she would lose her steering wheel controls, as well as the ability to control some of the security funcitons, the tire pressure monitor, and the oil change light. We bought a cheap FM transmitter in the mean time, and it really sucks.

We have also changed cassette adapters, from the XM Delphi one to a Jensen one that we had around the house. I saw an older post that said a Sony one might work better, for various reasons. Is that true? Should I invest in another adapter, or is my tape player messed up?
Roman Sohor, CTS