What's new

I Love Lucy, Season One: a question (1 Viewer)

Richie C.

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if they will repackage Season One as a 5-disc set, like they did for Season Two? If not, I ain't buyin' yet.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Eventually this will happen, but I bet not before they release the rest of the series.

I'm with you, I'll wait.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Any true fan of the show would buy it now. Yeah, it's big, but who cares? This show is great, and I'm so glad I bought season one regardless. If I'm ever inclined to watch my favourite red head, she's there anytime!

Andy

Richie C.

Stunt Coordinator

Gee, I guess you got me there. You must love the show way more than I do. Oh, well. You win.

Aaron_H

Agent
Real Name
Aaron
I'm with Richie and Steve. Even though I'm a big fan of "I Love Lucy," I will not buy the first season until they re-release it in a more friendly package. That big boxed set is a little too bulky for me.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I should point out that I have already purchased Season 2, and will buy the rest of them when they are released.

In the meantime, I'll make due with the uncut S-VHS tapes of Season 1 I've got.

As for being a true Lucy fan...well I did buy the HERE'S LUCY set.....as any true fan would.;)

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
I'm torn about purchasing the first season BIG BOX of I Love Lucy, too, as a Christmas present for my wife. I'm not a fan these days, although I saw some of the episodes first run. The problem is I've seen them way TOO MANY times as reruns...because they've been on rerun since the 60s and my wife watches them constantly.

[Once she has them on DVD I'm hoping she'll watch them while I'm at work! :)]

For now, I have room for the 1st season box; however, the way our collection is growing I'd rather have the smaller (and much less expensive) 2nd season box. So I'm still undecided, although I'm leaning toward getting Season 2 first (although this disturbs my sense of 'how things should be done') and picking up season 1 when it's re-packaged...

It's a tough call. Since it's for my wife, I may make the plunge and get season 1. Still undecided.

I really hate it when these companies change the packaging, although in this case it is for the better and early on in the release schedule...

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
It's not so much the size of the box as the size of the price for me. It's crazy for the first season to cost nearly twice as much as the second.

I'll wait for them to redo it.

John McM

Second Unit
right, I agree. It's the price that keeps me from checking out Lucy. $100 is one thing for cult sci-fi shows, another thing for a sitcom, even if it's regarded as the greatest sitcom ever... still $100 is too much, and even found "cheap", $75 really still is a lot more than I'm willing to pay

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
Comparing the $100 cost of Lucy's first season to the original Star Trek's first at about the same price point can be an eye opener.

Just the sheer amount of programming and bonus content you get in that Lucy Season One beats out almost any other set out there with the exception of the Dick Van Dyke boxes.

Season Two for Lucy at about half the price of Star Trek's Season Two shows how much the Trek fans are taken... (for granted... ;) ) by Paramount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks