Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone else tried Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 OFFLINE   Shane Martin

Shane Martin

Producer

• 6,017 posts

Posted October 25 2004 - 01:37 PM

This is fairly new stuff. I just bought a 2 liter of it to try and it's not all that great. It's not Dr Pepper. It's not even Vanillaish. It has a hint of cherry but not much.

Overall it's rather bleh.

Anyone else tried it?

#2 of 16 OFFLINE   Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter

• 1,425 posts

Posted October 25 2004 - 02:27 PM

I noticed this at the grocery store on Saturday. It struck fear into my heart...
Tim's Essential Music

Xbox Live gamertag: Stangboy124

#3 of 16 OFFLINE   Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight

Screenwriter

• 2,515 posts

Posted October 25 2004 - 04:03 PM

One of my co-workers brought a can in with them. Blasphemy! It looks like a china-town ripoff of Dr. Pepper! Don't mess with the original!
Kyle McKnight

#4 of 16 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

Executive Producer

• 14,262 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted October 25 2004 - 04:22 PM

Back in high-school there was a diner that served real fountain drinks with syrups added. I enjoyed chocolate-cherry root beer. I remember others liked a vanilla Sprite.

But I can't stand Dr. Pepper (carbonated prune juice, blech). So I'm not tempted to try some further perversion of that basic flavor Posted Image

#5 of 16 OFFLINE   Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter

• 1,352 posts

Posted October 25 2004 - 04:40 PM

I saw this for the first time on Saturday. I thought about trying it, but the store only had a 12-pack of the stuff. If I can find an individual bottle I'll probably buy it. I'm curious what people think of it.

#6 of 16 OFFLINE   Shane Martin

Shane Martin

Producer

• 6,017 posts

Posted October 25 2004 - 04:43 PM

So far I'm not enjoying it. I do like Dr Pepper and this ain't it. Oh well I only spent a buck but It may grow on me who knows.
Quote:
Back in high-school there was a diner that served real fountain drinks with syrups added. I enjoyed chocolate-cherry root beer. I remember others liked a vanilla Sprite.
This is what Sonic Drive in is doing and its very good as far as variety. Coke with Cherry in it blows away "Cherry Coke" that Coke distributes.

#7 of 16 OFFLINE   Scott_lb

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor

• 592 posts

Posted October 25 2004 - 05:23 PM

I recently tried the new Black (?) Mountain Dew and cannot stand it. In fact, the only "new" type of soda I like is the Code Red Mountain Dew. Don't even get me started on Clear Pepsi Posted Image
"My name is El Nino which in spanish means.... The Nino!" - Chris Farley

#8 of 16 OFFLINE   Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor

• 962 posts

Posted October 26 2004 - 01:00 AM

You mean Crystal Pepsi Posted Image

what about 7up Plus, everytime I hear the name I think of Alex and his Droogs drinking Milk Plus
Good lord, there's nothing worse than the foul stench of desperation when someone wants to be famous.

- Luis Esp

#9 of 16 OFFLINE   JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland

Screenwriter

• 2,059 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted October 26 2004 - 04:15 AM

Actually, I really enjoyed the 7up-ish Dr. Pepper variety, though its name escapes me. It had "red" in the title.

#10 of 16 OFFLINE   MikeSerrano

MikeSerrano

Second Unit

• 350 posts

Posted October 26 2004 - 04:45 AM

I am always disappointed with "flavored" name-brand soft drinks. Leave the originals alone! If I want a Cherry Coke, I'll make my own, thank you very much. Prepackaged Cherry Coke is horrible while real Cherry Coke is great. The same goes for Vanilla Coke, Vanilla Dr. Pepper, Cherry Pepsi, Vanilla Pepsi, etc.

It's not hard to make your own. You can find flavored syrups in any supermarket (usually near the coffee area) and all you do is add the desired amount of syrup to your favorite soft drink.

I've never tried making a Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper, but now I must satisfy my curiosity. For one thing, I know it will be many times better than this new prepackaged version.

The thing I hate about when a new prepackaged flavored cola comes around (like Vanilla Coke) is it gives a bad name to the real thing. (Pun intended)

-Mike
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

#11 of 16 OFFLINE   Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,512 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted October 26 2004 - 07:25 AM

The orange Mtn. Dew is good too.

Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper sounds putrid...but, what the heck, I'll TRY it.

#12 of 16 OFFLINE   DaveGTP

DaveGTP

Screenwriter

• 2,096 posts

Posted October 26 2004 - 09:01 AM

A variation of Dr. Pepper? I'm all over it! I'll keep an eye out for it.
Matheson- "There are probably some who'll say that by doing this, we are interfering with their culture."

Gideon - "Probably. Screw them."
-Crusade, Visitors from Down the Street

#13 of 16 OFFLINE   Brad Porter

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

• 1,757 posts

Posted October 26 2004 - 01:14 PM

Costco sells a 24 pk of Kerns "all nectar" juices (including mango, apricot, guava, and peach). I've been combining these in equal parts with cans of Mt. Dew or Orance Slice. Mmmmmm, fruity.

One time I combined the mango with a can of Dr. Pepper and it tasted like a Tootsie Roll that someone had regurgitated. This is what I imagine cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper must taste like. No thanks.

Brad
We apologise for the unnecessary truncation and lack of formatting control in the signature. Those responsible should be sacked.

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

#14 of 16 OFFLINE   Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers

Producer

• 3,481 posts

Posted October 26 2004 - 02:04 PM

They tried to launch regular Dr. Pepper over here a few years ago but it failed miserably and was taken off the shelves. Quite a shame because I loved the stuff.
Top 10 Film Lists: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Film Lists: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005

#15 of 16 OFFLINE   Phil_L

Phil_L

Second Unit

• 377 posts

Posted October 26 2004 - 02:48 PM

I stopped drinking soda a while back, but every now and then a nice Dr. Pepper hits the spot. Maybe I'll break down and try the new variety. Has anyone seen it in New England/NYC yet?

#16 of 16 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,382 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted October 27 2004 - 01:07 AM

Quote:
I thought about trying it, but the store only had a 12-pack of the stuff.

This is becoming more prevalent. Stores are denying you the choice of buying less than a 12-pack. The Kroger I shop in has only a few six-packs and they're not brands I want to buy.

When I was growing up in the 50's, the standard serving size was 8oz (remember the classic coke bottle). Then the soft drink companies decided for us that we "wanted" more.

I now find myself drinking all the soda in a can, but the last few swallows I really don't want, but I've paid for them.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

Forum Nav Content I Follow