Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Paradigm Mini Monitors vs. Klipsch RB25

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Kenny A

Kenny A

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted October 24 2004 - 11:05 PM

Would like some of your opinions on these two speakers. I am considering the Klipsch Reference series RB25s or the Paradigm Mini Monitors. They will be used as the Left/Right
fronts. I have a yamaha RX-V650 receiver.
Thanks, Kenny

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles

Producer

• 4,791 posts

Posted October 25 2004 - 02:59 PM

Have you auditioned them yet? If you haven't definitely do that.

If you want my opinion, I'm very biased. As a previous owner of mini-monitors, it certainly shows that I felt that they were the best speakers I heard under about $450.

Also, I am a current and previous disliker of most all horn speakers I've heard, including klipsch. I've never been impressed by a klipsch system except for terms of fun in being able to go very loud easily.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,550 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted October 25 2004 - 06:40 PM

I'd have to agree with Chris. I've never been a fan of Klipsch, they are just very fatiguing to my ears. The Minis are great overall speakers, and I previously used them for many years.

There are a number of good speakers in this price range though, so you may want to at least consider widening the search a bit.

You might want to look at:

www.axiomaudio.com

www.ascendacoustics.com and

www.av123.com for starters.
HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   cabreau

cabreau

Second Unit

• 322 posts

Posted October 26 2004 - 12:04 AM

I've always been a Paradigm fan. I started with a 5.1 Atoms setup and moved into a Studio 20 setup. For the price range you are looking at, if I were going to do it, I'd go listen to the Mini Monitors, but don't buy them yet. Order the M22ti's from AxiomAudio and listen to those to see how they compare. If you like the Mini Monitors more, I believe that you can return the Axiom's for free. Those M22ti's look really nice though.
"...He who knows how to live can walk abroad without fear of rhinocerous or tiger. He will not be wounded in battle. For in him rhinoceroses can find no place to thrust their horn, tigers can find no place to use their claws, and weapons no place to pierce. Why is this so? Because he has no...

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,550 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted October 26 2004 - 04:10 AM

I believe the Axioms can be returned within 30 days, but you pay shipping. The M22 is just above the price of the Mini Monitor and I'd say it has cleaner midrange than the Mini, but not as much bass. With a sub, I'd go with the M22s.
HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein