What's new

Paradigm Mini Monitors vs. Klipsch RB25 (1 Viewer)

Kenny A

Stunt Coordinator
Would like some of your opinions on these two speakers. I am considering the Klipsch Reference series RB25s or the Paradigm Mini Monitors. They will be used as the Left/Right
fronts. I have a yamaha RX-V650 receiver.
Thanks, Kenny

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Have you auditioned them yet? If you haven't definitely do that.

If you want my opinion, I'm very biased. As a previous owner of mini-monitors, it certainly shows that I felt that they were the best speakers I heard under about $450.

Also, I am a current and previous disliker of most all horn speakers I've heard, including klipsch. I've never been impressed by a klipsch system except for terms of fun in being able to go very loud easily.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'd have to agree with Chris. I've never been a fan of Klipsch, they are just very fatiguing to my ears. The Minis are great overall speakers, and I previously used them for many years.

There are a number of good speakers in this price range though, so you may want to at least consider widening the search a bit.

You might want to look at:

www.axiomaudio.com

www.ascendacoustics.com and

www.av123.com for starters.

cabreau

Second Unit
I've always been a Paradigm fan. I started with a 5.1 Atoms setup and moved into a Studio 20 setup. For the price range you are looking at, if I were going to do it, I'd go listen to the Mini Monitors, but don't buy them yet. Order the M22ti's from AxiomAudio and listen to those to see how they compare. If you like the Mini Monitors more, I believe that you can return the Axiom's for free. Those M22ti's look really nice though.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I believe the Axioms can be returned within 30 days, but you pay shipping. The M22 is just above the price of the Mini Monitor and I'd say it has cleaner midrange than the Mini, but not as much bass. With a sub, I'd go with the M22s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks