Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TV Shows coming to DVD in 2005??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
147 replies to this topic

#21 of 148 OFFLINE   Rick CHO

Rick CHO

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted October 24 2004 - 08:49 AM

How about The Wonder Years & The Pretender?

#22 of 148 OFFLINE   Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,919 posts

Posted October 24 2004 - 09:01 AM

Quote:
How about The Wonder Years

I would also love to see this show on DVD, but I think there are a lot of music clearance issues with this show.

Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#23 of 148 OFFLINE   AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted October 24 2004 - 09:57 AM

To make it easier for David, why don't we have this topic for confirmed releases and a new topic for wishes?

#24 of 148 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,293 posts

Posted October 24 2004 - 10:57 AM

To be truthful guys I'm putting my TV On DVD Purchases under a Microscope I have more than I Can Possibly watch now
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#25 of 148 OFFLINE   Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted October 24 2004 - 12:20 PM

quote:

To be truthful guys I'm putting my TV On DVD Purchases under a Microscope I have more than I Can Possibly watch now

i have a ton i have to catch up on as well, but the thing about TV sets, for me at least, is- once i dip into them, i tend to burn thru the whole set quite quickly.
it becomes a habit for 4 or 5 days in a row to just use what ever down time i have and devote that to watching mulitple eps of the same show back to back.
in fact once i get on a jag, its hard to get back into the mode of watching films.
there is something comfortable about the regularity of the same opening theme at regualr intervals and the presence of the same characters.
just a couple questions though

wasn't there supposed to have been rumblings that The Fugitive was getting ready for late '04 early '05?
i could have sworn it seemed like all but a certainty earlier this year that we would see the show arrive not too long from where we are now
also- i guess there is nothing more concrete about The Bionic Woman.
i hope Uni hasn't gotten cold feet on that one.
but it also seems crystal clear that the "coming in 04" announcment was clearly premature

#26 of 148 OFFLINE   Adam T

Adam T

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted October 24 2004 - 03:52 PM

My Wishlist, which just so happens to be 20th Century Fox owned Productions.

Brimstone

John Doe

The Lone Gunman

The Pretender (along with the movies)

#27 of 148 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,983 posts

Posted October 24 2004 - 03:58 PM

I remain hopeful we'll see Get Smart and Batman (1966) on DVD in 2005, which is the 40th anniversary of Get Smart and will see the release of the new Batman movie. But that's just speculation

#28 of 148 OFFLINE   John Kilduff

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

• 1,672 posts

Posted October 24 2004 - 04:25 PM

I'm keeping every concievable body part crossed for the Spielberg cartoons to come out on DVD. The Nicktoons TV reruns are edited for time and content, and the sophisticated humor of the Spielberg work is interrupted during commercial breaks by toilet humor with ugly animation.

Let me explain...

You'll be watching "Tiny Toons", for example, and then they go to a break. Within that break, you get several animated shorts that are heavy on humor based around things that come out of your body (Basically, everything but ejaculation). The Spielberg cartoons did some of this same humor, but they were more tasteful about it and they balanced it out with many other types of humor as well.

Sorry for veering off-topic...I'm just saying that the Spielberg cartoons would get better treatment on DVD than on television. One more thing...The same episodes from every Spielberg cartoon run in cycles. There are episodes I haven't seen in years...LITERALLY.

I think and hope the Spielberg cartoons will be coming to DVD starting next year.

Other shows I'd like to see out next year:

-"Night Court" (the reruns are no longer on Biography)

-"Perfect Strangers"

-With "Gargoyles" on the way, maybe Disney might toss us a bone or two and release some of their earlier animated TV properties in season sets ("Ducktales", "Chip 'N' Dale's Rescue Rangers", et al).

In conclusion, I'm going to continue buying "SCTV", "Dallas", "The Dukes Of Hazzard", "Quantum Leap" and "Married...With Children", and I'll also be buying the second season of "Sledge Hammer!". I'd go through the others I want to get in 2005, but I'd be here all night if I did.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I really don't want to be left hanging on the Spielberg cartoons.
Forget the Rewind. If you want real retro action, go to http://www.retrojunk.com.

Proud member of the American Film Institute and a Wal-Mart employee (Yes, you can be both).

From Michelle Pfeiffer to Daryl Hannah and all points in-between, I love 80s women. Don't believe me? Scope out this link: htt.....

#29 of 148 OFFLINE   Rob T

Rob T

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted October 24 2004 - 05:53 PM

Conan the Adventurer

X-Men: TAS

Spider-Man: TAS

Silver Surfer: TAS

Ducktales

Darkwing Duck

My Hero

TekWar TV movies

More NYPD Blue

More Gargoyles

Definitely more Batman & Superman

#30 of 148 OFFLINE   Tony Scello

Tony Scello

Second Unit

• 318 posts

Posted October 25 2004 - 01:04 AM

Any indication of a R1 release of "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" in 2005 or is this just too much to ask for?images/smilies/frown.gif
"Something beyond comprehension is happening to a little girl on this street, in this house. A man has been called for as a last resort to try and save her. That man is The Exorcist."

#31 of 148 OFFLINE   Tony_Faville

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor

• 519 posts

Posted October 25 2004 - 04:54 AM

Glad to see Deadwood confirmed for February 8th. Really looking forward to that one.

#32 of 148 OFFLINE   Matt Butler

Matt Butler

Screenwriter

• 1,921 posts

Posted October 25 2004 - 05:57 AM

My wishlist for 2005

Greatest Am Hero

Fugitive

Twin Peaks S2

More Seinfeld

Animaniacs

More Looney Tunes

More Magnum

Simon & Simon

More CSI

24 S4
My Blu Rays
http://www.blu-ray.c...ol...=Dj Matt B

Favorite films of all time in no order
1. Zodiac 2. Dawn of the Dead (1978) 3. The Good The Bad and The Ugly 4. Blade Runner 5. The Warriors 6. Dark Knight 7. The Godfather  8. Bullitt 9. Experiment in Terror 10. Raiders of the Lost...

#33 of 148 OFFLINE   Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted October 25 2004 - 02:20 PM

quote:

i have a ton i have to catch up on as well, but the thing about TV sets, for me at least, is- once i dip into them, i tend to burn thru the whole set quite

quickly.

it becomes a habit for 4 or 5 days in a row to just use what ever down time i have and devote that to watching mulitple eps of the same show back to back.

in fact once i get on a jag, its hard to get back into the mode of watching films.

there is something comfortable about the regularity of the same opening theme at regualr intervals and the presence of the same characters.

Paul you pretty accurately described my pattern for TV on DVD watching and the reasons for it.

Right now I'm on a M*A*S*H kick. Plow through as many eps as I can at a given time.

Speaking of M*A*S*H, I expect seasons 8 and 9 in 2005, but it would be really nice if they'd just go ahead and give us the last 4 seasons this year so I don't have to stretch this out in to 2006...but if the pattern holds I'll get season 8 in June and 9 in December.

#34 of 148 OFFLINE   AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted October 25 2004 - 03:00 PM

I agree. I rarely watch movies on DVD ever since getting The Simpsons Second Season set. I find I prefer sitting down for 22-45 minutes rather than 90-135+. Movies just seem way too long for me nowadays.

#35 of 148 OFFLINE   John Stell

John Stell

Supporting Actor

• 864 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted October 26 2004 - 06:37 AM

I think 2004 will be the year for the Kolchak: The Complete Series box set (especially if the new series goes through).
"...you would not understand...You do not...have...daughters."

#36 of 148 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted October 26 2004 - 11:42 PM

Added Atomic Betty.

As for the post above this one: I think you mean 2005! images/smilies/biggrin.gif
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#37 of 148 OFFLINE   Stephen J*

Stephen J*

Stunt Coordinator

• 107 posts

Posted October 27 2004 - 03:02 AM

Any idea if Drew Carey's 'Who's Line Is It Anyway?' will be out on disc?

#38 of 148 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 982 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted October 27 2004 - 03:27 AM

Bewitched

Harvey Birdman, Attorney-At-Law

I Dream of Jeannie

Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

The series listed above are the ones I will DEFINITELY buy with Bewitched being the most anticipated.

I'm wondering if maybe "The Nanny", which was supposed to have been released this year, will be released next year?

The Bewitched History Book by David L. Pierce ties in the events of the 60s with each episode 
and breaks down each episode in depth along with rare trivia, photos, and reviews!

Available now at BearManorMedia.com and Amazon.com in both paperback and hardback!

Book%2Bcover%2Bsmallest.JPG

#39 of 148 OFFLINE   Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor

• 604 posts

Posted October 27 2004 - 03:33 AM

quote:

Any idea if Drew Carey's 'Who's Line Is It Anyway?' will be out on disc?

I'm surprised Drew Carey Show isn't out or at least rumored.

#40 of 148 OFFLINE   Jonathan_Clarke

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit

• 485 posts

Posted October 27 2004 - 03:52 AM

Most of my budget will go towards continuing seasons, but I'd like to see:

Lone Gunmen

NewsRadio

Justice League season set

The Muppet Show season set

Batman Adam West- Fox owns it, Warners owns DC Comics. It will take a LOT of negotiation for this to happen.

Fantastic Four- with the movie hitting, I'd want either the 60's Hanna Barbera series or the 2nd season of the mid-90's show.
www.notinmybook.comWhere I can complain and complain and complain.