Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Just Met HTF Member in LR BestBuy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 of 29 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,409 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted October 22 2004 - 08:56 AM

We both have a passion for old monster movies. He was looking for the Wolfman and I was picking up Creature and Mummy legacy sets.

I've forgotten your name already. Wasn't it Larry. Don't take offence, I do this all the time. It was nice to talk to someone who has a passion for my kinda movie.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#2 of 29 OFFLINE   NickSo

NickSo

Producer

• 4,274 posts

Posted October 22 2004 - 08:57 AM

hehe, how'd you know he was from HTF? Did you guys do the secret HTF handshake? Posted Image

#3 of 29 OFFLINE   Jay Taylor

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor

• 829 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted October 22 2004 - 09:18 AM

He had a cart full of Silica Packets.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

#4 of 29 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,409 posts

Posted October 22 2004 - 09:34 AM

Quote:
hehe, how'd you know he was from HTF? Did you guys do the secret HTF handshake?

Now come on. Two guys meet in the dvd section and both are interested in the same movies. You start talking about the movies, dvds, and that leads to "where do you stay informed about dvds online?" He also mentioned an AVI site that I'm not familiar with.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#5 of 29 OFFLINE   Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden

Second Unit

• 458 posts

Posted October 22 2004 - 09:39 AM

You should be making grotesque gestures with your arms at everybody you see shopping for DVD's, ala Cask of Amontillado. You might even meet another HTF member.

As a bonus, that would get all the ladies.

#6 of 29 OFFLINE   Matt Butler

Matt Butler

Screenwriter

• 1,921 posts

Posted October 22 2004 - 11:02 AM

Ted Lee?

Posted Image
My Blu Rays
http://www.blu-ray.c...ol...=Dj Matt B

Favorite films of all time in no order
1. Zodiac 2. Dawn of the Dead (1978) 3. The Good The Bad and The Ugly 4. Blade Runner 5. The Warriors 6. Dark Knight 7. The Godfather  8. Bullitt 9. Experiment in Terror 10. Raiders of the Lost...

#7 of 29 OFFLINE   NickSo

NickSo

Producer

• 4,274 posts

Posted October 22 2004 - 11:44 AM

Quote:
Now come on. Two guys meet in the dvd section and both are interested in the same movies. You start talking about the movies, dvds, and that leads to "where do you stay informed about dvds online?" He also mentioned an AVI site that I'm not familiar with.
Hehe, just playin.. though it would be cool (err, geeky?) if we did have a top-secret-silica handshake...

Though if I bumped into Holadem I'd probably go run and hide in the Pan and Scan section Posted Image

#8 of 29 OFFLINE   Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter

• 1,425 posts

Posted October 22 2004 - 12:17 PM

Puny DVD racks won't stop Holadem Posted Image
Tim's Essential Music

Xbox Live gamertag: Stangboy124

#9 of 29 OFFLINE   Bob Graz

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor

• 798 posts

Posted October 23 2004 - 04:33 AM

Rule #1

Never talk about the HTF secret handshake

#10 of 29 OFFLINE   Philip_G

Philip_G

Producer

• 5,035 posts

Posted October 23 2004 - 04:44 AM

strangers in the niiiiiiiiiiiight...

#11 of 29 OFFLINE   ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson

Screenwriter

• 2,181 posts

Posted October 23 2004 - 05:13 AM

Here are two members practicing the new handshake while a moderator looks on in approval as he takes another hit from the bong:

Posted Image

#12 of 29 OFFLINE   Jay Taylor

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor

• 829 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted October 23 2004 - 05:44 AM

Chris! Posted Image

Also notice how fashionable they look wearing the HTF approved silica pack waist belt and lanyard.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

#13 of 29 OFFLINE   Bob Graz

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor

• 798 posts

Posted October 23 2004 - 08:30 AM

Ah, that must have taken place during our last HTF rush week. Obviously 2 eager prospective pledges.

#14 of 29 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,409 posts

Posted October 24 2004 - 04:01 AM

BTW, does anybody know of an AVI forum for home theater? Got a url to it?
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org

#15 of 29 OFFLINE   Brad Porter

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

• 1,757 posts

Posted October 24 2004 - 04:31 AM

Sounds like you misremembered. Try the AVS Forum.

And didn't you know that when you meet a HTF member at a retail store you are supposed to buy each other a DVD? It's only good manners... Posted Image

Brad
We apologise for the unnecessary truncation and lack of formatting control in the signature. Those responsible should be sacked.

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

#16 of 29 OFFLINE   Evan M.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor

• 910 posts

Posted October 24 2004 - 05:02 AM

Ok....maybe this is a private joke or maybe I am just very ignorant but why is there 5,000 references to silica packs?!?!?!!? I looked around but can't see the "source" of this joke. Somebody please fill me in.....

#17 of 29 OFFLINE   NickSo

NickSo

Producer

• 4,274 posts

Posted October 24 2004 - 05:56 AM

Believe me, you DON'T wanna know... the thread'll just suck the life out of you... or your salsa... Posted Image

but if you must, just remember... i warned you:
http://www.hometheat....silica packets

#18 of 29 OFFLINE   WilliamG

WilliamG

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted October 24 2004 - 06:06 AM

Quote:
I've forgotten your name already.

Johnny - IT WAS MEEEEeeeeee! (Sorry, Jim Carey!)
But seriously, it was.Posted Image Posted Image

This is weird, because I was doing a search just now for The Wolfman and saw your name and location, and this thread came up. This is only my second time to come in here ("After Hours") - I normally spend the majority of my time in the others (Software, Movies, etc.)

I finally found that elusive disc, thanks to the lady who was merchandising them (NOT a BB employee). They were over in the BOX SET COLLECTIONS! I pointed out to her that I may be the only one to mention it, but that I could see the possibility of lost sales because that and Frankenstein Legacy Collection were not together with the rest of the Legacy's. She said that that was why she was there, to re-merchandise things like that. Who knows, it's probably in the same place right now. Posted Image

ANYway, it was great meeting you, and I may see you around there again soon!

-William

#19 of 29 OFFLINE   LaMarcus

LaMarcus

Screenwriter

• 1,620 posts

Posted October 25 2004 - 01:06 AM

Post number 11 was so funny that if I were drinking milk, silica would have come out of my nose.Posted Image

*Ok, I pledge to never do another silica joke, so help me dvd Gods.Posted Image

#20 of 29 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,409 posts

Posted October 25 2004 - 07:32 AM

Quote:
Johnny - IT WAS MEEEEeeeeee! (Sorry, Jim Carey!)

Don't tell me you're a Carey fan too? I haven't seen all his movies, but I consider Liar, Liar, to be a laugh-out-loud movie every time I watch it.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org

Back to After Hours Lounge

Forum Nav Content I Follow