Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Progressive DVD Player for Panasonic 47x54?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Leonard B

Leonard B

Stunt Coordinator

• 99 posts

Posted October 21 2004 - 03:25 PM

I will be getting my first big screen tv in about a month (yay!). After a lot of research, I decided on the Panasonic 47x54. I have an old Sony interlaced DVD player, which has served me well for seven years, but now it is time for a progressive scan player to go with the Panasonic. Could anyone recommend a player that would be a good match for the Panasonic without breaking the bank, meaning less than $300CDN. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

#2 of 4 Leonard B

Leonard B

Stunt Coordinator

• 99 posts

Posted October 23 2004 - 07:56 AM

anyone?

#3 of 4 Andy Goldstein

Andy Goldstein

Stunt Coordinator

• 214 posts

Posted October 23 2004 - 09:56 AM

i have the 53wx53 at home. i have used a few different dvd players. both interlaced and progressive. not much difference. the panny has a very good deinterlacer/scaler in it. i would either wait until the hd/blue ray standards get ironed out, or get a player that outputs 1080i.

ag.
Enjoy the Toys!

#4 of 4 MattD

MattD

Stunt Coordinator

• 166 posts

Posted October 27 2004 - 07:06 AM

I just got a 47x54 and I'm using it with a Panasonic RP-82. DVD's look fantastic!