What's new

Amazing Race on DVD? (1 Viewer)

JasonBrown

Stunt Coordinator
there's speculation over at televisionwithoutpity.com that, mainly due to 'placeholder' links over at amazon, that Amazing Race might be headed to DVD soon. It's a Paramount title if I remember correctly.

any chance this might be announced at the conference this week?

JasonBrown

Stunt Coordinator
The show link at tvshowsondvd.com indicates that Seasons 1, 2 and 4 are Paramount, and Season 3 is Buena Vista. Any idea which is correct?

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
We have a little movement on the DVD front. From an interview with Amazing Race co-creator Elise Doganieri at TARFlies.com:

I wouldn't call it a confirmation but it's a good sign.

Kenneth_C

Second Unit

I don't understand this statement by Elise. Since Buena Vista holds the rights, how is it "up to CBS"?

I'd imagine that CBS would love to have DVDs of TAR out there, as a way of getting more people turned on to the show.

BV being the problem would make a lot more sense to me. After all, TAR doesn't air on ABC.

TylerMC

Auditioning
I only watched the 3rd edition of the Amazing Race and would purchase that. Hopefully this idea works out and we see the DVD's start rolling in.

Allan^L

Stunt Coordinator
I love TAR and it's my favourite reality show but I'm not sure how it would work on DVD. Competitive reality shows heavily depend on the suspense factor of who will be eliminated. Seeing it with foreknowledge would ruin it for me.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, I haven't seen the first race, and even if I remember the ultimate winner of the others, I don't necessarily recall who went in each episode. It would also be a great series for supplementary material, as it must be one of the most logistically complex shows on the air and you could make good mini-docs on the places and sights they visit.

Part of the appeal of TAR is that it's not just competition, it's a way to play tourist by proxy, and if Touchstone plays that up, it's a potentially very spiffy DVD set.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I don't watch the show and wouldn't pick up the sets, but I hope they are released and are successful, so that we can get more Survivor sets.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
And to clear up the BV/CBS confusion, it IS CBS through Paramount. For sure. Why? I dunno, but it's absolutely CBS who is working on the DVDs and that's that. I just made a minor edit to my TSoD news post to reflect that; I hadn't meant to leave out the studio name (oversight on my part; I was distracted at the last minute).

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Glad to hear it's CBS/Paramount, they've done a good job with the Survivor sets. Hopefully TAR will sell just as well so we can get the complete series eventually.

RossRoc

Grip
i've been waiting a while for this to come out onto dvd, hands down its my favorite reality gameshow on tv.

Jim-M

Second Unit
My kids love TAR, but they didn't see the first three seasons. So I'll very likely be getting this one.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I've never seen the show before last night, I decided to watch for Rob and Amber...

...and I loved it. It's not as good as Survivor or Apprentice for me, but I still really enjoyed it. I don't know if I'll be getting the DVD sets yet, I need to see a few more episodes.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

If that was your first episode, stay with it. It is normally better than both of those shows. I thought that, since it was a 2 hour episode, it was dragged out a bit. Normally, it is so fast paced, you forget to breathe.

Great that the DVD is in the works.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks