Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Coupon in Sunday papers for Shrek (2)?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,855 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 17 2004 - 05:56 PM

Be on the lookout in your Sunday (10/17) paper's coupons for a coupon for "$3 off Shrek DVD or VHS".

Here's the strange thing. The coupon appears at the bottom of a full page ad heralding the appearance of Shrek 2 on DVD Friday, November 5th....along with glow in the dark wrappers on fun size Snickers and M&M packages. There is a second coupon on the bottom of the page for $1 off three bags of fun size Mars, Inc candies.

As I said, up in the ad copy..."Shrek 2 (with a picture of the DVD cover) Coming to DVD & VHS Friday, November 5th."
But the coupon says "$3 off Shrek DVD or VHS". The coupon expires 11/14/04.

I hope they will take the coupon for Shrek 2! Wal-Mart, here I come!

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,855 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 17 2004 - 06:09 PM

Here's a scan of the ad so you know what to look for. I voided the coupons because they say they "may not be reproduced, copied, or transferred".

Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Dennis*G

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor

• 524 posts

Posted October 18 2004 - 01:42 AM

Cool, have to look for that. Also there is $5 mail in rebate from Starkist products if you have not seen it yet. Rebate is on marked items.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,855 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 21 2004 - 01:21 AM

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Adam

Adam

Stunt Coordinator

• 143 posts

Posted October 22 2004 - 07:02 AM

I have a relative bring me the coupon sections of the Sunday paper but I did not find the coupon. Posted Image

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Chris A H

Chris A H

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted October 22 2004 - 05:47 PM

The StarKist $5 rebate is also online here.