Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Home Theater Enthusiasts in South Florida??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   MartybenSchmuel

MartybenSchmuel

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted October 17 2004 - 04:21 AM

I've been looking for folks in the South Florida area (Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, Delray, Boynton, West Palm, etc.) who would like to get together electronically or in person to share issues and interests in the home theater and music arenas. I have found it difficult to find people nearby who enjoy home theater and music enough to talk about it as a hobby (or at least with some knowledge of home theater, its equipment, its local suppliers, its software, its direction, etc.). Anyone interested?
Marty T.

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Matt Fisher

Matt Fisher

Second Unit

• 342 posts

Posted October 21 2004 - 08:29 AM

hey Marty-

I'm from Miami, but I'm currently going to school at UF, would love to get a meet, but don't know how many would seem interested, keep me posted if anyhing happens.

-Matt

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Gary Seven

Gary Seven

Screenwriter

• 1,461 posts
  • LocationLake Worth, Florida

Posted November 02 2004 - 09:28 AM

I live in Northern Boynton Beach area.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   MartybenSchmuel

MartybenSchmuel

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted November 03 2004 - 03:47 AM

I, too, am in the Boynton area. What are your interests and what kind of system do you have? My home theater/music system is based on a Lexicon MC-8 processor, Samsung DVD player, Toshiba universal disc player, Pioneer Elite laserdisc/CD transport, Outlaw amp, Technics turntable, Grado cartridge, Audio Alchemy phono preamp, Infinity Composition Prelude speakers (front L&R), B&W in-ceiling surrounds, DefTech CLR2000 center channel, Hitachi 51" HD-RPTV, and some other ansillary stuff. I'm into LPs, CDs, laserdiscs, DVDs, and just got into SACD & DVD-Audio. I'm interested in your experience with local vendors and A/V shops. Who and where are they?? I'm also interested in some of your recommendations for great sounds (many different genres) and great movies.
Marty

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   audioguy

audioguy

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 15 2007 - 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartybenSchmuel
I've been looking for folks in the South Florida area (Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, Delray, Boynton, West Palm, etc.) who would like to get together electronically or in person to share issues and interests in the home theater and music arenas. I have found it difficult to find people nearby who enjoy home theater and music enough to talk about it as a hobby (or at least with some knowledge of home theater, its equipment, its local suppliers, its software, its direction, etc.). Anyone interested?
Marty T.

Hi, Marty, just read your post. I have also been trying to reach out to other home theater enthusiasts. I live on the Boynton/Lake Worth border and have been into audio/video for many years. I would like to meet/chat with you and others that share this wonderful hobby.

Regards,
Marty S.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Producer

• 6,331 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted January 17 2007 - 01:04 AM

hi guys
Sounds like fun, keep me posted. Im regularly in the area.
Aaron Silverman (HTF Movie Reviewer) also lives in the Boynton area, and he is always willing to hook up (at least historically speaking).
Gregg

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Eric_L

Eric_L

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted July 22 2007 - 09:03 AM

I live in the OTHER South Florida - Fort Myers area. Most HT enthusiasts here still call the remote a 'clicker'. Posted Image The running joke is that if Florida is heaven's waiting room then Fort Myers is where their parents live... I'd sure like to find some folks nearby to share with.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,563 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted December 05 2007 - 09:57 AM

Hey guys,

I rarely check this forum these days, but feel free to PM me if anyone plans a local get-together. I live in Boynton.

Local Vendors and A/V shops? Best Buy, Circuit City, and sometimes Walmart if they have something I want on sale. Posted Image

There's a big Apex building off I-95 down near Ft. Lauderdale, but I've never been inside.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick