What's new

Carpet Grommets? (1 Viewer)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I will be installing carpet in my theater next week and am looking to see if a product exists. My LCR speakers will be out on the floor, with cables coming up beneath them. Is there a "carpet grommet" or eyelet that can be used to finish the hole to allow them to pass through?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Jay:

Are you going to have your equipment rack across the room and you are wanting to run the cables under the carpet and then hook them up to the speakers?

I was just thinking that if you are putting the carpet in and then at some point you want to move in the future having holes where they cables came out would still be there after you move.

Is the any way that you can run the cables through the wall behind each speaker and terminate them with a wall plate? The speakers would then just be connected to the terminals on the wall plates and nothing would have to be done with the carpet itself.

Just a thought.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Jay,

I did the same thing, running the cables under the carpet and coming out right behind the speaker. All I did was cut a small slit in the carpet big enough for the cable. The carpet’s pile hid the hole. I’ve since removed the cable, and you can’t see that it was even there. I’m with Parker - if you put in something as big as a grommet, it will leave a big hole should you ever decide to relocate the speaker.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
No. Didn't plan for that type of layout as I have the wood floor to my advantage. The only cables coming out of the wall are for the subs (RCA and XLR for active, speaker posts for passive to cover my bases). Don't want a string of cable running across the floor.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Jay:

I would do as Wayne did and just make a slit in the carpet and pull the wire up through the slit. Then when you need to remove the wire the slit will close up and if not entirely they have carpet glue that you could use to close the slit back up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks