Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

How can Jerry Lewis dvds sell....

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 OFFLINE   John KB

John KB

Second Unit

• 254 posts

Posted October 14 2004 - 07:17 AM

when you can't find them anywhere? Lucky for me, I was able to get all 10 prior to release date. But that doesn't mean I didn't go searching for them to see if they could be had by people that don't work in the video business. Wal-Mart only had The Ladies Man Best Buy had none Future Shop had none HMV had The Nutty Professor That's all I could find. Here in Canada, it was Thanksgiving on Monday, so I'm hoping that had something to do with it. How can we expect to see the Martin & Lewis Box Set if these don't sell? I'm just a tad worried.

#2 of 14 ONLINE   Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese

Screenwriter

• 2,762 posts

Posted October 14 2004 - 07:47 AM

The Best Buy stores that I stopped at in Northern New Jersey were well stocked (in excess of a dozen copies each) on all 10 titles, so maybe it's a local shipping snafu in your area.
"Go ahead...make my day."

#3 of 14 OFFLINE   Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie

Lead Actor

• 6,531 posts

Posted October 14 2004 - 08:22 AM

Try buying them in France, I bet they have miilions! Posted Image

#4 of 14 OFFLINE   Trace Ahlers

Trace Ahlers

Stunt Coordinator

• 75 posts

Posted October 14 2004 - 09:59 AM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Priceless!!!!
Trace
PS My BB in Tacoma, WA had all but "The Bellboy"

#5 of 14 OFFLINE   Rick CHO

Rick CHO

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted October 14 2004 - 10:25 AM

Plenty of copies at my local Tower records. They probably could make an nice end display to make them easier to find.

#6 of 14 OFFLINE   Thomas T

Thomas T

Screenwriter

• 2,435 posts

Posted October 14 2004 - 11:41 AM

My local CostCo was crammed with Jerry Lewis DVDs.

#7 of 14 OFFLINE   Bob_S.

Bob_S.

Supporting Actor

• 670 posts

Posted October 14 2004 - 01:38 PM

I bought Bell Boy, Cinderfella, and Nutty Professor at Best Buy here in South Jersey. I saw other JL titles but you have to look for them. One thing I hate about this Best Buy, they don't keep musicals and classic movies separate from the newer ones.

#8 of 14 OFFLINE   Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt

Producer

• 4,207 posts

Posted October 14 2004 - 03:28 PM

John, you got all ten BEFORE their release date and you're complaining? Maybe the rest were still in the back, waiting to get put out. You do bring up a good point, though. What is the saturation point for stores stocking DVD's. Are they going to tell the baby section next to the DVD's that you're going, because OUR DEPARTMENT needs more room? Will BB and such end up selling only DVD's, and you'll order anything bigger using a touch screen (where they get it out from their warehouse). Glenn

#9 of 14 OFFLINE   John KB

John KB

Second Unit

• 254 posts

Posted October 14 2004 - 03:57 PM

I'm not complaining at all. I just wanted to be able to see these dvds everywhere, hoping others will buy them. It was a concern, not a complaint. I want them to do well so we'll see more in the future. I was out and about again this evening. Still none to be had. I asked Best Buy and they only had one of only a select few titles even on order.

#10 of 14 OFFLINE   Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt

Producer

• 4,207 posts

Posted October 14 2004 - 07:05 PM

Sorry! Posted Image Your post just came across to me the wrong way.

Glenn

#11 of 14 OFFLINE   Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer

Producer

• 4,269 posts

Posted October 15 2004 - 02:23 AM

My Best Buy had multiple copies of all but The Ladies Man, of which they had zero, for some reason. Not a bad price on them either. ($9.99)

#12 of 14 OFFLINE   Bradley-E

Bradley-E

Screenwriter

• 1,019 posts

Posted October 15 2004 - 05:36 AM

Best Buy had all of them the other day and if you live in L.A. Lazerblazer has them all.

#13 of 14 OFFLINE   DaveyM

DaveyM

Stunt Coordinator

• 111 posts

Posted October 15 2004 - 06:27 AM

I saw The Nutty Professor Dvd at Wal-mart today for $9.62, not a bad price but that's the only Jerry Lewis title they had.
If you've got what it takes, sooner or later someone will take what you've got.

#14 of 14 OFFLINE   Arnold Y

Arnold Y

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted October 15 2004 - 05:58 PM

The Suncoast that I work at had a good amount of copies for each title (Bellboy, Cinderfella, Errand Boy, Ladies Man, & Nutty Professor) on release day. They haven't exactly been flying off the shelves here. Posted Image
Classic Seinfeld moment #1670:
Elaine: You are not gonna believe this! I told him that I just wanted to be friends, he's fine with it. He really wants to be friends.
Jerry: Why would anyone want a friend?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users