What's new

Paramount has huge plans for 2005! (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Paramount plans for 2005!

Go Paramount!

More Andy Griffith...The Brady Bunch Finally...Charmed...lots of Cheers and Frasier...Nick Jr....Enterprise...and much much more.

This doesn't even include stuff like South Park, and I don't believe that Happy Days/Mork and Mindy/Laverne and Sherley were even mentioned (from what I could tell, its a big announcement!). Yet we can probably expect more of that as well.

I (and I'm sure David VP as well) am most happy about more Andy and Barney in complete season sets.

I'm not looking forward to the Taxi/Cheers/Frasier tuesdays though I can tell you that much. Quite expensive!

A lot can change...and maybe some of the stuff mentioned doesn't happen the way they'd like, but its gonna be a huge year in 2005...and that's just from knowing what Paramount is hoping to do.

Edit: I wanted to post this part from the TVShowsOnDVD.com article, to make sure that it does not go unnoticed, as this is important for all of us to remember.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the link, Casey. I'm surprised there was no mention of MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE in that list. A friend of mine is dying to hear news about further seasons of MORK & MINDY. Hopefully there will be some news about one or both at next week's TV-DVD conference.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
A thought just hit me, I hope that if all of this goes down the way its listed that we don't see the studio over saturate the market with product.

I mean 3 in a week isn't that bad...but how many weeks of each month will you be putting multiple releases on the shelf? I know that not everybody is going to be a fan of all of these shows, but a lot of these series might share common fans.

It is just a thought, thrown out for discussion mainly.

On the other hand, if this all goes down the way they listed...at least you can expect a certain kind of pattern to these releases, which means that you could say "Hey, since I know season 2 is coming in the spring, I don't have to buy season 1 the first week it comes out."

So I guess given that fact, I still like this strategy. Make room on the shelves for Paramount's TV on DVD.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I reeeeaaaallllly wish they would release Police Squad! They could put the whole thing on one dual layer disc, maybe throw in some commentaries, and wham, instant money.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Second me for Mission Impossible. I know they must be waiting for the 3rd movie. Hopefully, they will release the new version that came out in 1989.

I really want Wild Wild West!!!!

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
One Word: MACGYVER!!!

I can't wait for this. I love this show. When I first saw it again this February i became instantly hooked and started craving DVD Season Sets. It's nice to know there coming soon. Paramount really steped up, good for them. It sounds like they got a lot of really cool stuff coming old and new :) I saw Family Ties right?

I wonder when they'll get around to Are You Afraid of the Dark? Man I'm really hopefull but I want that show on DVD.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'm thrilled about the release schedule for "Frasier" as well as "Cheers" (although I haven't started collecting that series yet). Knowing that by the end of 2005, we'll be up to season 7 is excellent. By mid-2006 I wouldn't be surprised if both series' are complete! This is excellent news.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow

I agree. Now that Seinfeld is coming out next month and Newsradio is being worked on, Police Squad (In Color!) is my holy grail DVD TV title.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
That is simply awesome news about MacGyver!!!... 4 seasons next year way to go paramount!!! I can't wait!!!

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
The FRASIER / TAXI / and CHEERS release dates will be quite expensive. But worth it! I wonder if FRASIER and CHEERS will drop in price by $10.00 to compete with TAXI etc. And will the digipaks be replaced by the slim packs?

LindseyS

Stunt Coordinator
I saw Sister, Sister may be coming...WOOHOO! I thought that would never come (though it's tentative). I hope it wasn't incorrect though, because it said UPN's Sister, Sister, and it was never a UPN show...hmm.

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
Hopefully we'll be seeing more of Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley on DVD as these were two of most favorite shows. Gord, can you squeeze in a question in the upcoming chat about any Classic Nickelodeon shows?

FrancisP

Screenwriter
I hope that these are not the sum total of what will be released. Hogan's Heroes was a title that was talked about
for 2004 and apparently postponed.

Joshua_W

Second Unit
Twin Peaks!

Super news! I want feel like having a big sticky donut, a slice of cherry pie, and a nice hot cup of coffee to celebrate.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Much, although I knew bad wording aside which version you were speaking of, I just had to double check.

Dave, I've missed seeing you around these parts...I hope all is going well for you, I know you've been busy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks