Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

This Halloween - What movies will you be watching?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 of 41 OFFLINE   MattGentry

MattGentry

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 01:18 PM

Halloween is fast approaching. I will be watching a few "scary" movies, as I'm sure many others will be doing on or leading up to the day. So, what movies/TV specials/music will you be viewing/listening to?

#2 of 41 OFFLINE   Mike~Sileck

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor

• 510 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 01:29 PM

I'm sure for most "Halloween" will be watched ~ I mean how could you not? Halloween falls on a Sunday this year which means I can watch movies Friday night, Saturday night, and then all day Sunday. I'm really looking forward to SAW in theaters that weekend.

As for at home, I'm sure some others will be picked out around the house ~ F13th collection was just picked up, and I have Freddy vs. Jason lying around for some slash happy fun. Then again Halloween is supposed to be more scary, so I'll have to dig around for some more suspenseful films (slashers just don't do the trick anymore~)

Curious to see what others say, maybe I can pick up some ideas Posted Image

Mike
Playstation Network:
CarpeD1em500

#3 of 41 OFFLINE   ScottR

ScottR

Screenwriter

• 2,650 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 01:36 PM

The Rocky Horror Picture Show Alien Dracula, Dracula's Daughter, Son of Dracula Mad Monster Party The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad The Wolf Man (and its two sequels) Night of the Living Dead Freaks Frankenstein (and its sequels) Halloween Halloween II It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown The Nightmare Before Christmas

#4 of 41 OFFLINE   Chris Tedesco

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit

• 421 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 01:42 PM

Halloween Dawn of the Dead (remake) John Carpenter's "The Thing" Prince of Darkness Fright Night (if I can get it) Sleepy Hollow

#5 of 41 OFFLINE   WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,238 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 01:48 PM

Did Fright Night go OOP? I usually see copies at by Best Buy, but I have avoided picking it up because it is bare bones.
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#6 of 41 OFFLINE   Chris Tedesco

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit

• 421 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 01:53 PM

Well, I went to my BB last week and couldn't find it, not panicking yet.Posted Image

#7 of 41 OFFLINE   MattGentry

MattGentry

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 02:00 PM

Are you referring to the 1985 movie? Because if so, thank you. I was unaware of it, so I checked it out on DDD. Something clicked, so I looked it up on IMDB. Sure enough, it's the same movie I've seen probably three times on TV, but just never knew what it was. I love that movie. Thank you...

#8 of 41 OFFLINE   Chris Tedesco

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit

• 421 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 02:05 PM

Yes, 1985 is correct. D'arcy from Married with Children is the girlfriend. Man I love that movie!

#9 of 41 OFFLINE   Lev-S

Lev-S

Second Unit

• 324 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 02:25 PM

I watched "The Haunting" because I got it in a double pack with "The Ring". D'oh!!! Posted Image
My DVDs

Homer: So, Mr. Malloy, it seems that the cat has been caught by the very person who was trying to catch him.
Skinner: How ironic.

#10 of 41 OFFLINE   Grady Reid

Grady Reid

Stunt Coordinator

• 121 posts
  • LocationOlathe, KS

Posted October 12 2004 - 02:47 PM

One word: Haxan

#11 of 41 OFFLINE   ScottCor

ScottCor

Stunt Coordinator

• 85 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 03:04 PM

Chris, Might want to check Walmart, at the Walmart near me it's one of the movies they have out on the special Halloween shelf this year. Some locations might be different but worth a look. I picked it up last week at mine. oops!...will do a John Carpenter triple feature with: In the Mouth of Madness The Thing The Fog The Car (just for the heck of it)

#12 of 41 OFFLINE   Kevin M

Kevin M

Producer

• 5,172 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 03:18 PM

Death Dream
Shock Waves
The Omen
Rosemary's Baby
My 1995 S-VHS copy of Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark
Halloween
duh..
Black Sunday
Frailty
The Exorcist
The Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Suspiria
Halloween III
The Devil's Backbone
And perhaps the most frightening and truly disturbing view of a tormenting never-ending hellscape ever conceived.....
Annie

-Kevin M.

There's a human tendency to resent anyone who disagrees with our pleasures.  The less mature interpret that as a personal attack on themselves.
- Roger Ebert

#13 of 41 OFFLINE   JeremySt

JeremySt

Screenwriter

• 1,776 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 03:50 PM

My Halloween traditions... HALLOWEEN JOHN CARPENTER'S THE THING POLTERGEIST ALIEN THE CHANGELING NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD the new additions to the "tradition" may be THE RING SUSPIRIA

#14 of 41 OFFLINE   Aaron Garman

Aaron Garman

Second Unit

• 382 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 04:19 PM

Halloween Blair Witch Project AJG
"It's been my lifelong ambition to be a movie usher, and I have failed, as far as I am concerned" - Bob Dylan

#15 of 41 OFFLINE   Ernest Rister

Ernest Rister

Producer

• 4,148 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 04:54 PM

I'll be at a Halloween party, not at home in the dark on a lonely couch watching horror movies.

#16 of 41 OFFLINE   Ocean Phoenix

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor

• 591 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 05:31 PM

I'm planning on watching Halloween and Evil Dead 2 with friends on October 30. I can't think of a better combination than the best horror movie and best horror comedy I've ever seen Posted Image

#17 of 41 OFFLINE   David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 06:10 PM

The Rocky Horror Picture Show (the one film that always gets watched on Halloween at my house)
The Worst Witch
Dracula, Frankenstein, Mummy, Wolf Man Legacy Collections
Van Helsing
A Screamathon (Scream, Scream 2, Scream 3)
Sleepy Hollow
Ultraviolet (the British mini-series)
Vampire Hunter D
The episode Halloween from Buffy
Once Bitten
Underworld

And probably a few episodes of Kindred: The Embraced and Dracula the Series.
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#18 of 41 OFFLINE   george kaplan

george kaplan

Executive Producer

• 13,064 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 08:43 PM

We watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and Hocus Pocus with our son, and then watch Young Frankenstein after he goes to bed.
"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

#19 of 41 OFFLINE   Mike Wadkins

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor

• 958 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 09:53 PM

start soft and then they get scary ed wood bride of chucky halloween a nightmare on elm st the fog the vanishing (orig) the grudge (jap) Haute Tension the eye ringu (not the awful remake) oldboy and Gigli (effen scary that one) added paper house and the omen

#20 of 41 OFFLINE   JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,794 posts

Posted October 13 2004 - 12:28 AM

I wont have alot of time but the week of Halloween Im going to try to squeeze in.... Halloween JCs The Thing Nightmare Before Christmas Ed Wood Also maybe Re-Animator or Interview With The Vampire "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" Ive got to get my paws on one of these.I meant to do it by this Halloween and forgot about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users