Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

In search of: In Search Of...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#21 of 33 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,726 posts

Posted October 28 2007 - 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottL
I know I am replying to a thread from 2004, but I suppose nobody has heard anything about getting this on DVD anytime soon or who would possibly own the rights to this?

-Scott

Universal owns the rights to this series. I really would love to see these again uncut(opposed to the syndicated eps that were played on the History channel from 2000-2001). A bit of a long shot, but Nimoy is in the next Star Trek film due out next year. Maybe Universal will realize that Nimoy(along with Trek, and the huge fanbase for ISO) is money in the bank if they decide to release it.

In Search of..is one of the best shows ever created. And though a few of the major episode themes have since been solved(location of the Titantic), most of it is still very much fascinating. If it ever gets a dvd release, I'd buy it on the day of it's release. Heck, I'd buy 2 copies, and give one to a friend.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#22 of 33 OFFLINE   Mick Tees

Mick Tees

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted October 28 2007 - 12:29 PM

I remember watching this growing up in the 1970's. This would be a fun set to have in my TV Shows on DVD Library.

#23 of 33 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,726 posts

Posted August 16 2008 - 03:02 PM

Bump!

Why hasn't anyone considered doing this on dvd? I'm sure Universal would license it out in a heartbeat.
Also, how cool would it be to hear that Moog synth soundtrack in 5.1?
Truly baffling that it hasn't at least had a best of release on dvdPosted Image

housekeeping 2.jpg

#24 of 33 OFFLINE   MattHR

MattHR

Screenwriter

• 1,506 posts

Posted August 16 2008 - 05:30 PM

The discovery of a "bigfoot" corpse last week made me think about this show again. While season sets would be great, there are several episodes that would probably sell well as "best of" collections.

#25 of 33 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,726 posts

Posted August 16 2008 - 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHR
The discovery of a "bigfoot" corpse last week made me think about this show again. While season sets would be great, there are several episodes that would probably sell well as "best of" collections.

Whoa! How'd I miss that?

housekeeping 2.jpg

#26 of 33 OFFLINE   RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted August 17 2008 - 02:04 AM

I saw this show again, a few years back. It was on Discovery, or TLC. Anyway, they tried to make it look like a new show. They had to go and give it a new opening title sequence and commercial bumpers. To who ever owns this show, its OLD. A forty year old Leonard Nimoy gives that away. No need to fix it up, just give it to us in its 70s glory!

#27 of 33 OFFLINE   Jeff*H

Jeff*H

Supporting Actor

• 704 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted August 17 2008 - 04:47 AM

If you can't wait for a DVD release, you can check out some of the classic episodes of In Search Of in all their '70's glory on YouTube (including the Bigfoot one).
Facebook members, be sure to visit my Hawaii Five-0 Celebration page:  http://www.facebook....113331868678710

#28 of 33 OFFLINE   Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted August 17 2008 - 04:59 AM

It could be a licensing issue for the photos and clips used in the show. They might just have broadcast rights and would have to go back to the various folks and redeal.
come see the reviews at
http://thedvdlounge.com/

and the Seinfeld Tour Bus

#29 of 33 OFFLINE   Moore Maxx

Moore Maxx

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted August 17 2008 - 02:38 PM

Anyone remember the film "Mysterious Monsters" hosted by Peter Graves. Released in the 70's dealing with Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, and the Abominable Snowman.

Going thru some old books I had lying around and found the book based on this movie/documentary with all the stories from the film.

Would like to get that along with "In Search Of"

#30 of 33 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,726 posts

Posted August 19 2008 - 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moore Maxx
Anyone remember the film "Mysterious Monsters" hosted by Peter Graves. Released in the 70's dealing with Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, and the Abominable Snowman.

Going thru some old books I had lying around and found the book based on this movie/documentary with all the stories from the film.

Would like to get that along with "In Search Of"
I'd like to get a copy of Mysterious Monsters on dvd.
I love those 70's Bigfoot Docudramas.

housekeeping 2.jpg

#31 of 33 ONLINE   TV_Fan

TV_Fan

Second Unit

• 295 posts

Posted August 20 2008 - 01:28 PM

I would love to see "In Search Of" come to DVD. Even themed best of sets would do. I love that opening music. This would be a decent seller on DVd I think.

#32 of 33 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,357 posts

Posted April 08 2012 - 02:07 PM

thanks to youtube there are many in search episodes. I have my preference for Atlantis, Big Foot, Bermuda Triangle, etc. I am looking forward to this set coming out even though the episodes are 25 minutes in length. They sure do not make documentary shows like this anymore!! Why teach the kids about history/science when they can watch jersey shore or survivor!

#33 of 33 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,357 posts

Posted August 12 2012 - 06:39 AM

I love the series in search of as a kid. I have watched many episodes on youtube, especially DB Cooper or Big Foot or Atlantis, etc. I have always been a fan of history, especially unsolved crimes/situations, etc. The DB Cooper event has always intrigue me to what happen to him. There has been different speculation on the event and it would be neat to re-visit DB Cooper and other events again using new technology, i.e. computer technology/simulations/etc. I remember reading there is intention the series in search of being released on dvd. I would love to add this to my collection!!

Forum Nav Content I Follow