What's new

To announce Spider-Man 2.5 DVD (1 Viewer)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

If the Underworld Extended Edition is any indication, no. But, maybe it will be a two-discer with very high video quality on the movie disc, like Underworld was. Basically, a Superbit with no DTS.
You'd think they'd go nearly bare-bones, but they couldn't sell it for as much then could they?
Then again, maybe Sony will see how Daredevil 1.5 does (I think that's bare-bones), and follow that form if it sells well. Of course, DD 1.5 will also have DTS, but I can't see Sony letting us have our cake and eat it too like that.

Travis W.

Second Unit

Gasp! Sony only wants to release a 2.5 to make more money? I-I-can't take the shock...what a horrible day when a studio so honest and trustworthy as Sony panders to double dipping...

Britton

Screenwriter
A couple seconds here and there? I'll wait and see. Until then, it's the Superbit for me.

paul_v

Second Unit
"kind of completing scenes that I didn't have the money to complete when we did the movie"

What the hell? Didn't have the money to complete it? Didn't the first Spider-Man make over $400 million? I can't believe the producer couldn't squeeze another 20 grand to finish those effects shots.

Andy Kim

Second Unit
From the sounds of it, it seems like Sony is pushing Raimi to do it. From the quoted interview (which is on IGN as well), he sounds quite content with the theatrical cut and is only going back to add these new scenes in because Sony wants him to and not really because he wants to.
I guess longer action sequences would be nice but I don't think I can wait another year...he says the scenes might be done early 2005 but the DVD won't be out until late 2005.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
To me, Spidey 2 was great as-is-I never felt like it was missing something. I'll be happy with the Spidey 2 SB.

Daredevil on the other hand feels like it was edited down too much IMO. I will definitely be checking out the director's cut of it.

Rolando

Screenwriter
If they can edit out the scenes where Spidey goes "Batman Returns" on us and his mask is coming off left right and center! Sheesh at this point who doesn't know his "secret" identity?

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
They've done itr for X-Men but I don't think you can copyright the .5.

A few new seconds? I don't know. I think the extras will be the deciding factor in this. If the theatrical cut is more of a casual fan dvd and the 2.5 dvd is for hardcore film buffs then I may pick it up. I'll still be getting the theatrical cut though.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
There probably aren't too many like me, but for those in the know this could actually HURT sales.

I was planning to get the Superbit version. I'm not a fan of the movies, but my love for Spider-Man compelled me to get the Superbit of the first movie anyway when it came with a SM2 movie ticket. (Mental note: Must pick up latest release of the Fox animated series even though it will probably come out in season sets later.)

Was going to get the Superbit of 2, but I might as well wait it out now. Knowing Sony, they might release a Superbit of 2.5 with a free movie ticket for SM3. If it doesn't come, guess I won't buy any version unless I can get it dirt cheap, and again, this is Sony, so unlikely.

I'm sure there aren't too many others who aren't that nuts about the movies AND follow the news of the DVD release, so I doubt Sony is too worried.

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
i cant believe the amount of b*tching that goes on

on here about not being able to get the original versions of movies.

but still there are threads on the 2.5 spider-man 2

i just dont get it the theatrical cut was the directors cut!

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
If it is, then a lot of software companies would be getting sued for "copyright infringment". :laugh: ;)

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
I don't like the fact that Sony releases 2 DVDs of the same movie at wide intervals, but I am happy that we can get the theatrical cut OR the expanded cut. I would rather have a choice like this than see the discs crammed so full that the picture and audio suffer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks