What's new

RIP Christopher Reeve (1 Viewer)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Just heard on the radio that Christopher Reeve died. No word what happened, but every time I've seen him on TV the past few years, he seemed to be doing better.

What an inspiration he was. I also admired how his wife supported him throughout all that happened to him. I was betting he'd walk again someday if he had lived long enough.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
One of my favorite actors. I always admired him, especially in Remains of the Day and Somewhere in Time. Even before his accident, it used to annoy me that he wasn't appreciated for his work.

News just broke on Drudge's Radio show that he has passed. More details as they come in.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
God speed you, Chris. I can't tell you how much your work meant to me as a child, and how inspiring your life was for me as an adult. We loved you, and we'll miss you.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
"Nikki Finke in Los Angeles is reporting that actor Christopher Reeve is dead, according to sources close to the actor. He died suddenly Sunday. News of his death has not been reported publicly yet. His family will make an announcement Monday at the earliest."

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
No! This can't be -- I was hoping I would at least have the chance to meet Christopher Reeve one day. He has been an inspiration to me -- as Superman and of course as himself. This is a sad day indeed. My condolences to the Reeve family. :frowning:

ZackR

Supporting Actor
I am at a loss for words. Christopher Reeve is Superman - in the movies and in the real world. He brought my comic book hero to life in my favorite film and became a true hero through his personal tragedy.

He really is Superman - all who wore the cape before or will in the future are merely playing a part.

I cannot believe he is gone. I just do not know what to say.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I can't believe I'm reading this. I'm in tears.

A wonderfully kind and inspiring man. Superman in more ways than one.

I am so sad he will not be around tomorrow to continue the fight. God's speed, Chris.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Aw, man. This is heartbreaking news.

R.I.P. Mr. Reeve. You were the perfect Superman, a fine character actor, and a classy guy when life handed you a truly crappy hand.

I'm sure I'm not alone in planning a little Superman double feature in your honor.

:frowning: This guy deserved better.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
A very talented actor, before, and after, his terrible accident. If he'd lived just a few more years I'm sure we'd have seen him walking again.

Christopher Reeve - Superman on-screen and off - we'll all miss you. :frowning:

RIP.

Galen_V

Second Unit
Wow-I just heard this on the local sports talk radio and I'm stunned. I turned on the radio to hear about Ken Caminiti, and now this? I'm completely shocked, especially after hearing Kerry mention him at the debate on Friday night. This is truly a great loss; what a tough year it has been for Hollywood greats.

:frowning:

AnthonyL

Stunt Coordinator
Its now official. I was just watching CNN Live..Breaking news--C.Reeve fell into a coma and died of cardiac arrest at his home in New York on Saturday. Just wanted a confirmation. Unbelievable. RIP.:frowning:

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I feel comforted in knowing that Mr. Reeve is at rest and somewhere he is able to walk again. Thank you Mr. Reeve for being such an inspiration to me all these years. I'll never forget that.

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
I seriously can't believe this. I thought for sure I'd see him walk again before he passed on. He'll be missed by all, I have no doubt.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I was shocked when I saw the thread title. An inspiration to many, he will be missed. RIP.

Janet Leigh, Rodney Dangerfield and Christopher Reeve within a week. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks