-

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 10/12/04

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
62 replies to this topic

#41 of 63 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,511 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 11 2004 - 02:07 PM

Quote:
I see there are some Jerry Lewis films out. I guess those will form my "do not purchase" list for the week. Not at all to my taste I'm afraid....

I'm with you on those, Dennis. Its funny, but Jerry Lewis films are one of those things that people seem to feel strongly about one way or another. To me, they always seemd like one-joke humor. To others (like the French and certain individuals at the HTF), the man is a genius.

Like my friend always reminds me whenever we disagree on something, "that's why they still make both chocolate and vanilla".

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#42 of 63 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,511 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 12 2004 - 03:04 AM

Anyone been to Best Buy yet today? I'm curious about their price on the That's Entertainment Collection--wondering if the bb.com price holds up or is lower in-store.

I'm figuring I'll start there 'cuz I want to pick up The Day After Tomorrow to get the bonus disc. Might end up checking BJ's wholesale Club, too for TE.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#43 of 63 OFFLINE   Jeff Wilson

Jeff Wilson

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 04:25 AM

Best Buy had the That's Entertainment collection for $50.99. Circuit City didn't have it at all. What a shock. They did have the first TE for $14.99; didn't see any single discs at Best Buy.
Wellesnet: The Orson Welles Web Resource

#44 of 63 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,511 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 12 2004 - 04:43 AM

$50.99?!?! Posted Image I've seen the TE Collection for $49.99 at an FYE...with the individual discs each marked $14.99! If BB can't do better than an FYE price, there's something VERY wrong.

Thanks, Jeff, for the info!

I would consider getting the individual movies over time to spread out the $$$ pain, but I figured the fourth bonus disc would be worth it. And, if the set could be gotten for the $34.99 price posted at some of the on-line vendors, the fourth disc is basically free.

#45 of 63 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,511 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 12 2004 - 04:47 AM

**Quick follow-up**

A call to my local BJs tells me they've got it in-stock today and its just $34.99! Posted Image Woo hoo!

#46 of 63 OFFLINE   Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,070 posts
  • LocationLivonia, MI USA

Posted October 12 2004 - 06:13 AM

Costco actuals for store #390 in Livonia, MI:

That's Entertainment Box Set: $32.99
Jerry Lewis Collection titles: $8.79 each

They seemed to have most of the Jerry Lewis titles in stock, too.

Regards,
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#47 of 63 OFFLINE   Harold Wazzu

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor

• 885 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 06:23 AM

Just a follow up on my question before about the BB bonus disc for The Day After Tomorrow.

Looks like it might be like the Master & Commander bonus disc, as it is only 14 mins.

(Haven't watched it since I want to watch the actual movie first)

#48 of 63 OFFLINE   Neil White

Neil White

Supporting Actor

• 552 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 10:56 AM

Quote:
I actually had a decent experience this weekend using their Preferred Customer coupon. I selected three titles, went to the counter, and expected to have to fight to get the meager 10% discount. Lo and behold, the total that came up was different than what I had figured it to be. However, after further review of my receipt I found that I had calculated incorrectly and the BB system was actually correct.

I had a good experience this weekend (a little off topic, sorry). I had a preferred customer coupon for 10% and wanted to use it on something that did not qualify. The chappy in the relevant section said no (politely) but I tried the checkout guy and he was very obliging. I came away happy.

BTW - I order on-line at bb.com and do a store pick-up. I get charged slightly less sales tax this way plus I earn contributions to my Upromise account for my kids college. If you don't do the latter, check it out....

N

#49 of 63 OFFLINE   Al (alweho)

Al (alweho)

Second Unit

• 268 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 01:36 PM

Quote:
Its funny, but Jerry Lewis films are one of those things that people seem to feel strongly about one way or another. To me, they always seemd like one-joke humor. To others (like the French and certain individuals at the HTF), the man is a genius.
I generally wouldn't consider myself a fan either...

BUT, I did pick up The Bellboy and The Ladies Man today as they are titles I am quite fond of.

Maybe I'm half French? Posted Image
"Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

#50 of 63 OFFLINE   Tim-H.

Tim-H.

Second Unit

• 427 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 02:37 PM

I wouldn't worry about the BB 'Day After Tomorrow' bonus disc:
(all non-anamorphic) Fox movies promo; AVP trailer; Predator SE trailer; Alien Quadrilogy trailer; short I, Robot promo; then a REALLY REALLY short bit about creating opening scene of Day After-

Apparently they shot the actors on a small stage, and a COMPUTER added the rest!

Watch THE SNUGGIE KILLER on YouTube!

#51 of 63 OFFLINE   Jason Goodmanso

Jason Goodmanso

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 04:55 PM

That spoiler tag is pricess Tim!

Any idea about Costco's price for CSI this week? I have to renew my membership so I'm trying to guage if this is the week or not to renew it.

#52 of 63 OFFLINE   PatWahlquist

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor

• 735 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 04:58 PM

Quote:
Ren & Stimpy is now $22.99 at Fry's/Outpost web site. (Same price for Taxi Season 1 too.)

Not the case here in Vegas. But they did have Arrested Development and Greg the Bunny!
ISO "Lost" ARG prints from Kevin Tong, Olly Moss, Eric Tan and Methane Studios.  PM me if you want to sell!

All reviews done on a Marantz VP11S1 1080p DLP projector.

Displays professionally calibrated by Gregg Loewen of Lion AV.

#53 of 63 OFFLINE   Mike~Sileck

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor

• 510 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 10:14 PM

Tim ~ To be honest I'm probably more interested in the $10 off coupon for Alien Quad that comes with the disk than the disk itself. Either way it's in the mail so I'll check it out when it gets here.

Besides, always nice to add something else to the collection, esp. if it's free Posted Image

Mike
Playstation Network:
CarpeD1em500

#54 of 63 OFFLINE   Tim-H.

Tim-H.

Second Unit

• 427 posts

Posted October 13 2004 - 02:22 AM

Agreed, Mike. $10 off the Alien, Die Hard, or Bruce Lee set is a good thing! Maybe I was spoiled by that free Sky Captain disc BB had a month ago that had a bit more meat to it.
Watch THE SNUGGIE KILLER on YouTube!

#55 of 63 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,511 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 13 2004 - 07:37 AM

Just a quick report.

I DID secure the That's Entertainment! set for $34.99 at BJs on Tuesday. I then went to Best Buy and got The Day After Tomorrow for $15.99 with bonus disc and Damn Yankees for $14.99.

#56 of 63 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,511 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 13 2004 - 02:07 PM

Does anyone know if Circuit City, in its 2 for $15 sale will sell you just one DVD for $7.50? There is only one title in the group I'm interested in and I'm unsure what their policy is on this. I know Target and some other stores have two-fer deals but actuall program the sale as single-prices for the individual titles. Any help?

#57 of 63 OFFLINE   Roy C.

Roy C.

Second Unit

• 355 posts

Posted October 13 2004 - 02:32 PM

Mike,

if they are anything like BB, they will charge you anywhere from 9.99 to 14.99 for those movies, when bought individually.

Just my 0.02...

Later,

Roy C.
Dedicated H/T -
Display: Marantz VP-8600 (pj)
Screen: Da-Lite 106" HD
Receiver: Marantz SR-8002
DVD-A, SACD: Denon 2910HD-DVD: Toshiba A30Blu-Ray: PS3Speakers: Rocket RS550 w/Stands, RSC200, 4xRSS300Subwoofer: IB 2x15", Samson 1000

#58 of 63 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,612 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted October 13 2004 - 02:59 PM

quote:

Does anyone know if Circuit City, in its 2 for $15 sale will sell you just one DVD for $7.50? There is only one title in the group I'm interested in

Buy a second title as a Christmas gift. Only 73 more shopping days you know....images/smilies/biggrin.gif
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#59 of 63 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,511 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 13 2004 - 04:47 PM

Thanks, Roy! Bummer.

quote:

Buy a second title as a Christmas gift. Only 73 more shopping days you know....

Maybe I ought to name you "Mr. Subtle".

Okay, I'll bite. What title should I get you for Christmas? images/smilies/biggrin.gif

#60 of 63 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,612 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted October 14 2004 - 02:54 AM

quote:

Damn Yankees

Bet you've been saying that phrase a lot this week. I can just hear it now: 14YO Son: "Who's your Daddy, Daddy! Who's Your Daddy!" images/smilies/laugh.gif

quote:

Okay, I'll bite. What title should I get you for Christmas? images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Hmmmm, I have been eyeing L.A. Story.... images/smilies/wink.gif
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

Back to Bargains and Deals

Forum Nav Content I Follow