Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Next Hanna-Barbera set?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2517 replies to this topic

#1741 of 2518 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,368 posts

Posted August 11 2013 - 04:19 AM

Hi Matt,

I have prepared the following list of cartoons from the 1970s that have not been released. Some shows have had partial released including Wait till your father gets home or Laff Lympics, etc.

I may be missing a few shows, so welcome yours or other people's thoughts and/or suggestions.

The below list shows about 46 cartoons from the 1970s that have not been released. There are few that may have rights issues, i.e. my favorite martian or Partridge Family 2200 AD or Jeannie or Brady Kids, etc.

Lets say 8 sets are released a year then it would take 6 years to complete the 1970s vault.

These Are the Days Where's Huddles? Devlin (1974) Partridge Family 2200 A.D.  New Tom & Jerry/Grape Ape/Mumbly Show The Great Grape Ape Show Mumbly Dynomutt, Dog Wonder Clue Club Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics (A few volumes released) Laff-A-Lympics CB Bears The Skatebirds Woofer & Wimper, Dog Detectives (part of skatebirds) The Robonic Stooges (Part of Skatebirds) Wonder Wheels Mystery Island (Part of Skatebirds) The All-New Popeye Hour Yogi's Space Race Galaxy Goof-Ups Buford and the Galloping Ghost The Robonic Stooges Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo The New Fred and Barney Show Casper and the Angels The New Shmoo The Super Globetrotters Fred and Barney Meet The Thing Fred and Barney Meet the Shmoo Will the Real Jerry Lewis Please Sit Down The Brady Kids Lassie's Rescue Rangers My Favorite Martian The U.S. of Archie The New Adventures of Gilligan The Secret Lives of Waldo Kitty Uncle Croc's Block Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle The New Archie and Sabrina Hour Fabulous Funnies The New Adventures of Mighty Mouse and Heckle & Jeckle, & Quackula The New Adventures of Flash Gordon Jeannie Harlem Globetrotters

Wait Till Your Father Gets Home

There's little doubt to me that Space Stars is next. Unless whatever the last minute snag was something to move one of the others, which i doubt.

The year overall has been a little slower than i think we wanted but by the end of the month we're 2/3s through the year. WA has released 6 sets so far this year, WHV did one season set for T&J, finished out the super friends (even though i doubt they consider them hb library anymore). Not to mention keeping some form releases of certain groups.

Overall that's still a decent time table, if WA is about to go into another crop period in the fall like last year and we get a press release to see if Scooby Doo Goal is what we think it might be, i'd say we'd be finishing up the year on a good note.

Based on that article from earlier in the year, the future flintstones release is the only thing left from that to come to pass. Plus the mere fact that Captain Caveman finally happened is proof they do plan to get to finish their long term products. This year has given us hope the funny animals could all very well happen if we let them have some time.

Also on a related note the latest Scooby feautre debuted on tv tonight and replays tomorrow and comes out on dvd/blu on the 20th of this month.

#1742 of 2518 OFFLINE   derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 766 posts

Posted August 11 2013 - 05:30 AM

Agreed.  

My Captain Caveman purchase was $24.58, and $8.98 shipping to Canada = $33.56

Amazon.com was going to be $33 for the set, $19 shipping, plus taxes = $58.76

No brainer who to order from!

Actually, Deep Discount offers some pretty good deals on Warner Archive HB titles from time to time.  I purchased Chan Clan from them shortly after it was announced for less than $17.

#1743 of 2518 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 2,015 posts

Posted August 11 2013 - 04:51 PM

Lets say 8 sets are released a year then it would take 6 years to complete the 1970s vault.

These Are the Days Where's Huddles? Devlin (1974) Partridge Family 2200 A.D.  New Tom & Jerry/Grape Ape/Mumbly Show The Great Grape Ape Show Mumbly Dynomutt, Dog Wonder Clue Club Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics (A few volumes released) Laff-A-Lympics CB Bears The Skatebirds Woofer & Wimper, Dog Detectives (part of skatebirds) The Robonic Stooges (Part of Skatebirds) Wonder Wheels Mystery Island (Part of Skatebirds) The All-New Popeye Hour Yogi's Space Race Galaxy Goof-Ups Buford and the Galloping Ghost The Robonic Stooges Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo The New Fred and Barney Show Casper and the Angels The New Shmoo The Super Globetrotters Fred and Barney Meet The Thing Fred and Barney Meet the Shmoo Will the Real Jerry Lewis Please Sit Down The Brady Kids Lassie's Rescue Rangers My Favorite Martian The U.S. of Archie The New Adventures of Gilligan The Secret Lives of Waldo Kitty Uncle Croc's Block Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle The New Archie and Sabrina Hour Fabulous Funnies The New Adventures of Mighty Mouse and Heckle & Jeckle, & Quackula The New Adventures of Flash Gordon Jeannie Harlem Globetrotters

Wait Till Your Father Gets Home

That's a great list, and ne that really shows how much of the desirable 1970s material has already been released, as opposed to the 1960s. Of what you mentioned, what I would most like to see would be Clue Club, Tarzan, Yogi's Space Race, and Giligan.  (I also would buy a set of Uncle Croc's Block in a heartbeat).  Of what you did not mention, I would like to see the any unreleased episodes of the New Scooby Doo Movies or the Saturday Morning Movie or a complete set of the Famous Classic Tales.  Regarding The New Adventures of Flash Gordon, that is a show that was issued complete by BCI, although the Complete Series is hard to find now.  According to Wikipedia, Mighty Mouse/Heckle & Jeckle was a repackaging of the classic Terrytoons, and I would really like to see a classic Mighty Mouse set.  However, my understanding is that Paramount controls it, and unless Olive licenses it, it seems unlikely.

#1744 of 2518 ONLINE   Mark Y

Mark Y

Supporting Actor

• 579 posts

Posted August 12 2013 - 04:23 PM

That's a great list, and ne that really shows how much of the desirable 1970s material has already been released, as opposed to the 1960s. Of what you mentioned, what I would most like to see would be Clue Club, Tarzan, Yogi's Space Race, and Giligan.  (I also would buy a set of Uncle Croc's Block in a heartbeat).  Of what you did not mention, I would like to see the any unreleased episodes of the New Scooby Doo Movies or the Saturday Morning Movie or a complete set of the Famous Classic Tales.  Regarding The New Adventures of Flash Gordon, that is a show that was issued complete by BCI, although the Complete Series is hard to find now.  According to Wikipedia, Mighty Mouse/Heckle & Jeckle was a repackaging of the classic Terrytoons, and I would really like to see a classic Mighty Mouse set.  However, my understanding is that Paramount controls it, and unless Olive licenses it, it seems unlikely.

The Mighty Mouse/Heckle & Jeckle (late 1970s) was a new series done by Filmation. When they re-syndicated the Terrytoons in the early 1990s those were in there along with the vintage library, so I think it's safe to say they belong to Paramount.

#1745 of 2518 OFFLINE   MattPriceTime

MattPriceTime

Second Unit

• 374 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn Park, MD

Posted August 12 2013 - 06:27 PM

According to the comic-con recap podcast, Space Stars was actually a long term project like Captain Caveman. (And of course the ole blue dog). Goes to show that some stuff can be under the radar even if no one asks about it directly.

Blanket Quote for myself for all my postings from Feb 2014 and on

"i'm not shy to mention that i seem to be a major outlier on this forum. But i'm still highly boggled by some things posted here. But hey i can only be so critical but some things do bother me a bit, but to each their own. Even if it's odd conspiracies, not wanting to use terms correctly or just throwing hasty generalizations."

If the horse doesn't want to drink, i'm not going to lead them to water

#1746 of 2518 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,479 posts

Posted August 13 2013 - 06:54 AM

I remember them mentioning on facebook once over a year ago that Space Stars was being planned but then nothing after that until comic-con.

According to the comic-con recap podcast, Space Stars was actually a long term project like Captain Caveman. (And of course the ole blue dog). Goes to show that some stuff can be under the radar even if no one asks about it directly.

...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#1747 of 2518 OFFLINE   Ken_Martinez

Ken_Martinez

Stunt Coordinator

• 157 posts

Posted August 13 2013 - 11:08 AM

Which ole blue dog? I know you can't possibly be talking about Huckleberry Hound. I'll believe that when I see it.

#1748 of 2518 OFFLINE   JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator

• 219 posts

Posted August 14 2013 - 10:02 AM

The Mighty Mouse/Heckle & Jeckle (late 1970s) was a new series done by Filmation. When they re-syndicated the Terrytoons in the early 1990s those were in there along with the vintage library, so I think it's safe to say they belong to Paramount.

Hmmmm....I remember seeing maybe the Filmation H&J when Terrytoons aired on USA in the mid-90s, but mostly recall the MM (and dubbed Supermouse) theatricals.  And Deputy Dawg. 

CBS = Constantly Butchering Shows.

#1749 of 2518 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,479 posts

Posted August 14 2013 - 01:30 PM

Looks like the delay for the release of "Space Stars" will be a bit longer. There is a post in a new reddit article from WA and they mention Space Stars coming this Fall. But it looks like it will be worth the wait since it will be as close to the original show as possible and thats whats causing the delay.

...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#1750 of 2518 OFFLINE   MattPriceTime

MattPriceTime

Second Unit

• 374 posts

Posted August 14 2013 - 02:43 PM

Agreed. But then again it's already August, autumn is that far away.

"i'm not shy to mention that i seem to be a major outlier on this forum. But i'm still highly boggled by some things posted here. But hey i can only be so critical but some things do bother me a bit, but to each their own. Even if it's odd conspiracies, not wanting to use terms correctly or just throwing hasty generalizations."

#1751 of 2518 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 2,015 posts

Posted August 15 2013 - 06:15 AM

In the recent Reddit chat with George Feltenstein, he was asked about Filmation DC titles.  He replied, "WHV is hopefully going to be releasing the rest of the DC FILMATION animation. We know that at that time, BATMAN fans will rejoice!" 

That makes it sound very promising that The Adventures of Batman will make it to DVD, perhaps Superboy too.  Now that WHV has finished up Superfriends, it seems likely that they may next turn to some of these other classic superhero shows.

#1752 of 2518 OFFLINE   MattPriceTime

MattPriceTime

Second Unit

• 374 posts

Posted August 15 2013 - 01:40 PM

WHV does seem to have pulled the trigger on going back to finish stuff as of this year. (Well except the CN originals that are stuck in limbo bc of Cn's own choices), so i would imagine they might throw more of those DC ones out as we move forward.

And as i posted earlier, ever since that return, there have been no more announcements of new direct to video Scooby specials that they have been putting on 13 spooky tales dvds, even though we already know the two films for 2014 and the first for 2015, they just stopped. So given the indications WB Animation, DC Animation and Tom and Jerry are all going back to season sets, it bodes well Scooby may be too. That would only leave the Smurfs, which could follow too.

#1753 of 2518 ONLINE   Mark Y

Mark Y

Supporting Actor

• 579 posts

Posted August 16 2013 - 03:58 AM

Hmmmm....I remember seeing maybe the Filmation H&J when Terrytoons aired on USA in the mid-90s, but mostly recall the MM (and dubbed Supermouse) theatricals.  And Deputy Dawg. 

I think USA had the same package WGN aired in 1990-91(?). It included Heckle & Jeckle, Deputy Dawg and maybe others, I don't remember -- but also included some vintage interstitials from Mighty Mouse Playhouse. And at least a couple times I saw a late 1970s Filmation cartoon slip into the mix.

Back in the 1980s in Chicago, we had a Mighty Mouse package on WFLD-Channel 32, while WGN-Channel 9 ran a half-hour of cartoons (listed as Terrytoons) including Little Roquefort and other characters at 6:30 AM, and the Filmation TV ones ran on The Bozo Show. Back then, old theatrical cartoons were all over the place and I didn't appreciate them, since they were ubiquitous everywhere.

Edited by Mark Y, August 16 2013 - 04:03 AM.

#1754 of 2518 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,368 posts

Posted August 18 2013 - 06:21 PM

In the recent Reddit chat with George Feltenstein, he was asked about Filmation DC titles.  He replied, "WHV is hopefully going to be releasing the rest of the DC FILMATION animation. We know that at that time, BATMAN fans will rejoice!" 

That makes it sound very promising that The Adventures of Batman will make it to DVD, perhaps Superboy too.  Now that WHV has finished up Superfriends, it seems likely that they may next turn to some of these other classic superhero shows.

There are few fllmation shows that have not been released, like New Adventures of Gilligan, My Favourite Martian, Brady Kids, etc. Some of the aforementioned shows have copyright issues, so i am wondering how these shows will ever make it to print.

#1755 of 2518 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,479 posts

Posted August 19 2013 - 06:52 AM

Gilligan is owned by WA so that will eventually come out. There are 2 potential problems with most of the other Filmation/HB TV show cartoon remakes: 1.) there maybe clearance issues and 2.) most are owned by other studios and those studios are not releasing old Cartoon TV shows on DVD; Jeannie, Partridge Family both owned by Sony, Brady Kids owned by Paramount etc.

There are few fllmation shows that have not been released, like New Adventures of Gilligan, My Favourite Martian, Brady Kids, etc. Some of the aforementioned shows have copyright issues, so i am wondering how these shows will ever make it to print.

Top 20 Films

#1756 of 2518 OFFLINE   derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 766 posts

Posted August 19 2013 - 07:03 AM

I'm hoping that "Goldie Gold and Action Jack" gets released soon.  Since an episode was already released on the Saturday Morning 1980s DVD set, the show should be in good enough shape that it doesn't need a lot of work to get it out as a set.

WAC mentioned Clue Club is being worked on , that would be next on my list,

(Robonic Stooges would be nice to have too)

i'm waiting to watch my Godzilla Season One set until i can pair up the episodes

as they aired in 1978 with Jana of the Jungle, on "the Godzilla Power Hour".

#1757 of 2518 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,368 posts

Posted August 20 2013 - 02:35 AM

Gilligan is owned by WA so that will eventually come out. There are 2 potential problems with most of the other Filmation/HB TV show cartoon remakes: 1.) there maybe clearance issues and 2.) most are owned by other studios and those studios are not releasing old Cartoon TV shows on DVD; Jeannie, Partridge Family both owned by Sony, Brady Kids owned by Paramount etc.

Hi Randy, Paramount could have released Jeannie, Brady Kids, etc when they did the completed sets a few years ago. In many cases they released a few episodes, but not the whole series. So, i have to wonder what their logic was with those sets. Was it to tease people?

Since we are seeing releases again for many shows it has me thinking that paramount making be taking a different approach to dvds. I just not sure why paramount does not go the WBA route as way to make more of their vault available to people.

Edited by younger1968, August 20 2013 - 02:36 AM.

#1758 of 2518 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,479 posts

Posted August 20 2013 - 06:58 AM

I think the episode or two added to the season sets were just bonus materials. Warner seems to be the only big studio that has confidence that a completed series release on an cartoon show will sell. But Warner still sent most of their animated shows to Warner Archive after several retail releases . 

Top 20 Films

#1759 of 2518 ONLINE   Mark Y

Mark Y

Supporting Actor

• 579 posts

Posted August 21 2013 - 05:48 PM

Hi Randy, Paramount could have released Jeannie, Brady Kids, etc when they did the completed sets a few years ago. In many cases they released a few episodes, but not the whole series. So, i have to wonder what their logic was with those sets. Was it to tease people?

Since we are seeing releases again for many shows it has me thinking that paramount making be taking a different approach to dvds. I just not sure why paramount does not go the WBA route as way to make more of their vault available to people.

I suspect The Brady Kids would have been released a long time ago, but for the occasional cameo appearances of DC superhero characters.

#1760 of 2518 ONLINE   Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 1,869 posts

Posted August 22 2013 - 02:53 AM

i'm waiting to watch my Godzilla Season One set until i can pair up the episodes

as they aired in 1978 with Jana of the Jungle, on "the Godzilla Power Hour".

It would be nice to have a LITTLE more Godzilla in season-box Archive form, rather than the three or four sampler disks still lingering on Netflix.  (Yes, even though it's the series where HB licensed the character but not the Toho roar, and had to have just Ted Cassidy going "Rawr!")

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users