Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Next Hanna-Barbera set?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2873 replies to this topic

#1501 of 2874 OFFLINE   Nebiroth

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor

• 748 posts

Posted April 18 2013 - 11:24 AM

Roll on Marine Boy then :)

#1502 of 2874 OFFLINE   JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 944 posts

Posted April 18 2013 - 11:45 AM

I'm kind of curious about the progress of the seventies animated Tarzan, Gilligan's Planet and The Adventures of Gilligan's. I thought they were supposed to come out last year.James

#1503 of 2874 OFFLINE   Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 2,452 posts

Posted April 18 2013 - 12:44 PM

I'm kind of curious about the progress of the seventies animated Tarzan, Gilligan's Planet and The Adventures of Gilligan's. I thought they were supposed to come out last year.James

Warner may have Tarzan, but the Gilligan series were Filmation, so don't know who still has those.

And like most 70's retreads of 60's shows, the rights might still be with the owners of the original characters.  (Which explains how the Addams Family and Sonny & Cher disappeared off the Scooby-Doo Movies set.)

#1504 of 2874 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Screenwriter

• 1,299 posts

Posted April 18 2013 - 01:53 PM

Has anybody ever heard of this show as I came across this while doing a search on their website...http://www.wbshop.co...cks&from=Search

It says it is a show that took place between the Flintstones and the Jetsons...[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:11px;]Somewhere between the pre-hysterical Stone Age of The Flintstones and the fantastic future of The Jetsons lie The Roman Holidays. This time around Hanna-Barbera tackles family life circa 63 AD. Augustus “Gus” Holiday (Dave Willock) is the man of the clan, lovely and level-headed spouse Laurie (Shirley Mitchell) keeps things on an even keel, teenage troublemaker Happius (Stanley Livingston) and child prodigy Precocia (Pamelyn Ferdin) threaten to break the Pax Familia. Housed at the humble Venus de Milo Arms, the Holidays face constant threats from their aptly named landlord Mr. Evictus (Dom DeLuise, in his toon debut) while Gus gets equally harried working at the Forum Construction Company by his boss, Mr. Tycoonius (Hal Smith). It’s a good thing he gets to come home to a Roman’s best friend – his pet lion, Brutus (Daws Butler)! So hop aboard your chariot – it’s time to pay a visit to The Roman Holidays![/color]

#1505 of 2874 OFFLINE   Greg Chenoweth

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor

• 749 posts

Posted April 18 2013 - 02:07 PM

I have heard of it but it wasn't one of my favorite H-B shows so I am going to pass on it.  I have pre-ordered the Popeye set from Warner Archive and I can't wait for the BEST OF WARNER BROTHERS HANNA-BARBERA set that comes out in May.

#1506 of 2874 OFFLINE   JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator

• 219 posts

Posted April 18 2013 - 02:08 PM

Warner may have Tarzan, but the Gilligan series were Filmation, so don't know who still has those.

And like most 70's retreads of 60's shows, the rights might still be with the owners of the original characters.  (Which explains how the Addams Family and Sonny & Cher disappeared off the Scooby-Doo Movies set.)

Doesn't Warner own Gilligan now anyway?  Kind of like how they could use the Filmation DC series due to owning the comics company? 

(If so, it would be interesting to see if GP retains the MGM/UA logo at the end with the music from the theatrical United Artists "Turning UA")

CBS = Constantly Butchering Shows.

#1507 of 2874 OFFLINE   derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 849 posts

Posted April 18 2013 - 02:17 PM

There is an episode of the Roman Holidays on the DVD set "saturday morning Cartoons 1970s Vol 1

it's from 1972

Has anybody ever heard of this show as I came across this while doing a search on their website...http://www.wbshop.co...cks&from=Search

#1508 of 2874 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,438 posts

Posted April 18 2013 - 03:10 PM

Roman Holidays is coming out this Tuesday. :) (Source: http://tvshowsondvd.com ) It will be one of the Titles I'll procure for my Birthday this August. :biggrin:

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes: 40,524    :biggrin:   ( 855 Series )  :biggrin:   Movies: 2,543 :biggrin:  Serials : 78 :B) (1201 Chapters) :B) Documentaries: 500 :B)

#1509 of 2874 OFFLINE   MattPriceTime

MattPriceTime

Second Unit

• 374 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn Park, MD

Posted April 18 2013 - 10:33 PM

We are assuming that Gilligan cartoon is in the same issue as Huck and Captain Caveman is rumored to be coming out of. However with the one rumored to be out this year hope those problems are eventually going to be knocked out only increases.

As of last stated on the Plastic Man issue, this is the mess created by DC's soverignty over it's releases. So far all they have let go through the WA are there older live action stuff. Those Plastic Man shorts are still WHV's. So Baby Plas and Family Adventures are in the same boat as Scooby, Smurfs and Tom and Jerry...just with much less chance of ever happeing by them. Meanwhile Fangface and Fangpuss, Rickety Rocket and Mighty Man and Yukk have crossed over to the WA for seperate release. This along with the Laff-a-lympics probably being the only ones you shouldn't hold your breath in hopes of them getting reformated to the original block. Everything else should come out as originally done.

So shall we update that list? It's been a while:

Huckleberry Hound Show (continution): Long-term project they seek to restore it to original format.

Captain Caveman: Long-term project, rumored to be coming soon this year

Atom Ant: said to have been started several months ago, could be soon assuming it doesn't need a lot of work

Secret Squirrel: same as Atom Ant

Clue Club: said to have been started earlier in the year, probably won't take long

Things that could be coming based on comparisons of the polls:

Cave Kids, The New Hanna barbera Cartoon Series, Shirt Tales

Other Hints:

More Flintstones supposed to come this year

A post suggested several on a list may be in the works (not confimrative enough for me but could be): Galtar, Yogi's Treasure Hunt, New JQ and Space Stars were on that list post

Pure Hunch: Maybe the Thanksgiving that almost wasn't, could show up this year

Grape Ape apparently has crossed over and is in WA's possession. Does this hold the same for Mumbly and the Tom and Jerry Show? Is it now split up? Does this change things for Dynomutt, Richie Rich, or Puppy? Or have even bigger implications on Scooby, Smurfs, and Tom and Jerry?

Okay i think that's about it as far we know for rumors on the HB world of things. Did i miss any?

Blanket Quote for myself for all my postings from Feb 2014 and on

"i'm not shy to mention that i seem to be a major outlier on this forum. But i'm still highly boggled by some things posted here. But hey i can only be so critical but some things do bother me a bit, but to each their own. Even if it's odd conspiracies, not wanting to use terms correctly or just throwing hasty generalizations."

If the horse doesn't want to drink, i'm not going to lead them to water

#1510 of 2874 OFFLINE   Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 2,452 posts

Posted April 18 2013 - 11:52 PM

Okay i think that's about it as far we know for rumors on the HB world of things. Did i miss any?

Yeah:  Is the condition of Quick Draw McGraw still beyond salvage?

(And no, I'm not being ironic: This was one of the funnier "early" ones, despite being singled out for special school-bullying during CN's HB-demonizing phase.)

#1511 of 2874 OFFLINE   JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 944 posts

Posted April 19 2013 - 04:16 AM

Where's Huddles? Was on a poll once. Saturday Supercade was mentioned several years ago. James

#1512 of 2874 OFFLINE   Greg Chenoweth

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor

• 749 posts

Posted April 19 2013 - 04:38 AM

Yeah:  Is the condition of Quick Draw McGraw still beyond salvage?

(And no, I'm not being ironic: This was one of the funnier "early" ones, despite being singled out for special school-bullying during CN's HB-demonizing phase.)

QUICK DRAW McGRAW has music rights issues that are not getting resolved right away.  It has nothing to do with restoration.

#1513 of 2874 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,868 posts

Posted April 19 2013 - 06:57 AM

Around the middle of Last year The Chatanooga Cats was rumored as being worked on and restored to its full one hour version. Late last year Boomerang was showing the full one hour version which backs that up somewhat. So I think we could see that show this year.

...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

#1514 of 2874 OFFLINE   MattPriceTime

MattPriceTime

Second Unit

• 374 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn Park, MD

Posted April 20 2013 - 05:15 AM

I don't remember them ever saying Cattanooga Cats was started. I remember asking them if it would be in the hour format, and they said it most likely would be when they started it, which at the time they haven't. Unless i missed a post within the last while or so i never remember that being said to be under way. But at the same time a year is a good amount of time. If they keep to trying to cover all the bases then they are running out of Funny animal specials, so if the older ones are going to be longer waits then Cattanooga Cats, CB Bears, etc would be prime candidates to go to work on.

Where's huddles is further down the poll. The 3 i mentioned are ones that scored higher on the respective polls then ones that have been released/started or said to be worked on.

Saturday Supercade is in rights limbo. WB doesn't own a lot of the segments. They more than likely are going to try everything they can with the parties to license them if possible. If they can't after a period, then they would probably release what they have, but given the chance they will probably put it off as long as they can to try and stall for time to negotion.

Blanket Quote for myself for all my postings from Feb 2014 and on

"i'm not shy to mention that i seem to be a major outlier on this forum. But i'm still highly boggled by some things posted here. But hey i can only be so critical but some things do bother me a bit, but to each their own. Even if it's odd conspiracies, not wanting to use terms correctly or just throwing hasty generalizations."

If the horse doesn't want to drink, i'm not going to lead them to water

#1515 of 2874 OFFLINE   Greg Chenoweth

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor

• 749 posts

Posted April 20 2013 - 06:11 AM

The upcoming set in May: THE BEST OF WARNER BROS.: HANNA-BARBERA, includes episodes from shows that have been rumored to be coming out some time by Warner Archive.  First off, there is an episode of HUCKLEBERRY HOUND followed by WALLY GATOR, LIPPY THE LION and TOUCHE TURTLE.  There is also ATOM ANT and SECRET SQUIRREL as well as THE CHATANOOGA CATS (It's the Wolf, It's The  Wolf).  WA also said a couple of years ago that LOOPY de LOOP was ready for release whenever they wanted to release it.  Most of the shows on the set already have full releases through WHV or WA: FLINTSTONES, JETSONS, TOP CAT, HERCULOIDS, SPACE GHOST, FRANKENSTEIN JR & THE IMPOSSIBLES, YOGI BEAR, MAGILLA GORILLA, etc.

The only ones on the set that have not been rumored are: QUICK DRAW McGRAW (: , ABBOT AND COSTELLO and RUFF AND REDDY.

Just like the SATURDAY MORNING CARTOON sets that came out a few years ago, these compilation sets usually end up seeing most, if not all, of the shows coming out on home video.  I wonder if Warner Brothers uses these sampler sets as advertising to try to generate more sales of what is available in the market place and to create demand for the ones that are not.

#1516 of 2874 OFFLINE   Towergrove

Towergrove

Screenwriter

• 1,044 posts

Posted April 20 2013 - 07:58 AM

Does anyone know about the new Superfriends set thats in the Target ad? It says Target aexclusive? Its 9.99 I believe.
"Fasten your seatbelts - it's going to be a bumpy night."

#1517 of 2874 OFFLINE   derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 849 posts

Posted April 20 2013 - 10:57 AM

wow, great catch!  

I looked around, and found that wikipedia says it's the 79-80 'world's greatest super friends'

Target exclusive April 23.

The World's Greatest Super Friends episodes TARGET EXCLUSIVE(Release date APRIL 23, 2013) Season 4: 1979–1980

[*]Format: Box set, Closed-captioned, Color, Dubbed, DVD-Video, Full Screen, Subtitled, NTSC
    [*]Language: English, Spanish
    [*]Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
    [*]Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only)
    [*]Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
    [*]Number of discs: 1
    [*]Rating: Not Rated
    [*]Studio: Warner Home Video
    [*]Run time: minutes
    [/list]

This single-disc set contains all 8 episodes from the season.

[*]"Rub Three Times for Disaster"
      [*]"Lex Luthor Strikes Back"
      [*]"The Space Knights of Camelon"
      [*]"The Lord of Middle Earth"
      [*]"The Universe of Evil"
      [*]"Terror at 20,000 Fathoms"
      [*]"The Super Friends Meet Frankenstein"
      [*]The Planet of Oz"
      [/list]

Does anyone know about the new Superfriends set thats in the Target ad? It says Target aexclusive? Its 9.99 I believe.

#1518 of 2874 OFFLINE   derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 849 posts

Posted April 20 2013 - 11:02 AM

found a picture:

super friends target.jpg

#1519 of 2874 OFFLINE   Greg Chenoweth

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor

• 749 posts

Posted April 20 2013 - 11:32 AM

Are these the missing SUPERFRIENDS episodes that have never been released on DVD?

#1520 of 2874 OFFLINE   Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 2,452 posts

Posted April 20 2013 - 11:46 AM

Are these the missing SUPERFRIENDS episodes that have never been released on DVD?

Think they were released on DVD at one point, weren't they?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users