Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Next Hanna-Barbera set?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2222 replies to this topic

#1461 of 2223 Greg Chenoweth

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor

• 598 posts

Posted March 29 2013 - 04:36 AM

Warner Archive via Facebook says that MARINE BOY is in the process of being worked on for a future release, which doesn't mean it's going to be coming out any time soon.

#1462 of 2223 dhammer

dhammer

Second Unit

• 300 posts

Posted March 29 2013 - 05:31 AM

True, But it was them that said back in the Fall that they  were planning a release at the beginnng of this year or shortly thereafter for Marine Boy.

Warner Archive via Facebook says that MARINE BOY is in the process of being worked on for a future release, which doesn't mean it's going to be coming out any time soon.

#1463 of 2223 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,199 posts

Posted March 31 2013 - 06:16 AM

I broke down and purchased Butch Cassady and the sundance kids through amazon.com. I will look at few other shows when my budget dollars open up, but they will be through amazon.com as amazon.ca does not handle WB archives very well.

I thought i heard tarzan was schedule to comeout as well. I am also surprised there is not talk about the Lone Ranger Cartoon from 1966-1968. http://en.wikipedia....ated_TV_series)

I would also thought Banana Splits would also come out as it has been talked about in the past, but the originals needed lots of work!

#1464 of 2223 MattPriceTime

MattPriceTime

Second Unit

• 374 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn Park, MD

Posted March 31 2013 - 12:53 PM

Lots of things are "confirmed" to eventually come. As that is WA's model. We get more enthusiastic when they say they actually start work on them. Still though then some older materials take a long time to get done than more recent materials (Hence why we have been waiting a long time for Huckleberry Hound and Captain Caveman and other shows are out within a month or two after being confirmed to have been worked on.)

The good news to be opitimistic in general is that the library is selling well. When the lowest HB (or related library) is better than nearly half the other releases on their website, we don't have to worry about them stopping anytime soon. So as long as they keep chugging along eventually we should get to all the stuff that's cleared.

However the real interesting news is WA answered a question on Grape Ape. Something we had thought would be locked up by WHV. This raises questions, did WHV release just Grape Ape and probably Mumbly? Or what about the Puppy, Richie Rich and Dynomutt seasons. Or even though less likely could the other properties be closer to crossing over too?

Blanket Quote for myself for all my postings from Feb 2014 and on

"i'm not shy to mention that i seem to be a major outlier on this forum. But i'm still highly boggled by some things posted here. But hey i can only be so critical but some things do bother me a bit, but to each their own. Even if it's odd conspiracies, not wanting to use terms correctly or just throwing hasty generalizations."

If the horse doesn't want to drink, i'm not going to lead them to water

#1465 of 2223 Greg Chenoweth

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor

• 598 posts

Posted April 05 2013 - 02:22 PM

Here's an interesting article on Warner Archive and their attempts at preserving Hanna-Barbera material:

http://www.homemedia...-cartoons-30099

Besides Popeye, they will be coming out with CAPTAIN CAVEMAN AND THE TEEN ANGELS, ROMAN HOLIDAYS, more FLINTSTONES spin-offs and MARINE BOY, all from the article.

• derosa likes this

#1466 of 2223 derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 720 posts

Posted April 05 2013 - 02:40 PM

I came here to post a link to the article, and Greg beat me to it!

• Greg Chenoweth likes this

#1467 of 2223 Towergrove

Towergrove

Supporting Actor

• 657 posts

Posted April 06 2013 - 05:36 AM

I came here to post a link to the article, and Greg beat me to it!

Me too. hehe

The article has some great news and shows the commitment by Warner for HB future releases.

Being a female is a matter of birth. Being a woman is a matter of age. But being a lady… Now that's a matter of choice.

#1468 of 2223 Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter

• 1,249 posts
  • LocationGuelph, Ontario - Canada

Posted April 06 2013 - 01:04 PM

Fingers crossed for "The Flintstone Kids".  Loved watching that on Saturday mornings as a kid.  Also, count me in for 'Captain Caveman"!

My DVD / Blu-ray collection:

#1469 of 2223 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,199 posts

Posted April 07 2013 - 05:12 PM

Fingers crossed for "The Flintstone Kids".  Loved watching that on Saturday mornings as a kid.  Also, count me in for 'Captain Caveman"!

I would also be very happy to hear and update on the New Adventures of Gilligan as well. I have most of the HB series that i wanted with only a few missing. If i could buy the old cereal then i could duplicate my saturday mornings, but Canada does not sell the TRIX, Count Chocula, Boo Berry, Apple Jacks, etc anymore. I can get captain crunch and the fruit loops, but that is about it!

#1470 of 2223 JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 1,678 posts

Posted April 08 2013 - 07:53 AM

I wish we would hear something about Clue Club.  It won that poll and there has been nothing since.

#1471 of 2223 Nebiroth

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor

• 716 posts

Posted April 08 2013 - 10:57 AM

Let's hope that Marine Boy is the whole series, rather than just more one-off episodes in Saturday Morning collections!

#1472 of 2223 dhammer

dhammer

Second Unit

• 300 posts

Posted April 09 2013 - 01:52 AM

Someone on the Warner Archives Facebook page made a disparaging remark about releasing Marine Boy. I commented on it. This cartoon was one of the best from the greatest era of cartoons- the 1960's. I also hope for a complete series but I have my questions. There are like 77-78 episodes or so. It was a half hour cartoon with commercials. It is hard to imagine they are going to release all those, long episodes  in one set. I see at least 2 releases but hopefully I'm wrong.

Let's hope that Marine Boy is the whole series, rather than just more one-off episodes in Saturday Morning collections!

#1473 of 2223 Greg Chenoweth

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor

• 598 posts

Posted April 09 2013 - 04:34 AM

Someone on the Warner Archives Facebook page made a disparaging remark about releasing Marine Boy. I commented on it. This cartoon was one of the best from the greatest era of cartoons- the 1960's. I also hope for a complete series but I have my questions. There are like 77-78 episodes or so. It was a half hour cartoon with commercials. It is hard to imagine they are going to release all those, long episodes  in one set. I see at least 2 releases but hopefully I'm wrong.

I had never heard of MARINE BOY until the SATURDAY MORNING DVD sets came out a few years ago from WHV.  I do not recall it from my childhood nor did I ever see it in syndication.  Did the show air in syndication and no one from the Oregon TV market pick it up?

#1474 of 2223 rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 841 posts

Posted April 09 2013 - 02:38 PM

Hoping Jetsons S3 comes out soon to complete that series.

Edited by rmw650, April 09 2013 - 02:50 PM.

#1475 of 2223 rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 841 posts

Posted April 09 2013 - 02:44 PM

I'm just happy they're continuing Popeye again but still awaiting Jetsons S3 to come out as well by them to complete that series.

Now, I'm just making sure of everything as this is somewhat confusing based on these two reports

WHY AREN’T THE CLASSIC COLOR POPEYE CARTOONS RELEASED ON VIDEO?

Good News! Warner Bros. will release these to DVD and Blu-Ray next year. Restoration is taking place now. The first boxed set should be released in July 2014! (From cartoonresearch.com)

VERSUS this article...http://www.homemedia...-cartoons-30099

My question is this...so will these will be the Famous Studios -  Paramount Popeye toons that they left off on, after Voulme 3 was released a few years ago or is this something entirely different? Would this become Volume 4 then/a continuation? 

I know there were many versions of Popeye made, but the first article makes it sound like it will be Volume 4, a continuation of the previous sets being released a year from now and the second article refers to it as possibly the 1960-62 version of the cartoons being released by the Archives, or am I getting this mixed up somehow? Any clarity to these two reports would be greatly appreciated. I'm happy Popeye is coming out, but hoping it will be the 4th Volume of the originals coming out.

Edited by rmw650, April 09 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#1476 of 2223 dhammer

dhammer

Second Unit

• 300 posts

Posted April 10 2013 - 04:35 PM

I had never heard of MARINE BOY until the SATURDAY MORNING DVD sets came out a few years ago from WHV.  I do not recall it from my childhood nor did I ever see it in syndication.  Did the show air in syndication and no one from the Oregon TV market pick it up?

I live in the Philadelphia area and this show was on in the late 1960's. It is a lot like Speed Racer. I think it is the same people who did both? We had a show on after school which ran until I think around 8pm. Wee Willie Weber and His Cartoon Club, introduced kids to all the Japanese cartoons and live action shows at the time. Really I think it is one of the coolest and best done cartoons of it's time.

#1477 of 2223 Mark Y

Mark Y

Supporting Actor

• 548 posts

Posted April 10 2013 - 06:23 PM

I would also be very happy to hear and update on the New Adventures of Gilligan as well. I have most of the HB series that i wanted with only a few missing. If i could buy the old cereal then i could duplicate my saturday mornings, but Canada does not sell the TRIX, Count Chocula, Boo Berry, Apple Jacks, etc anymore. I can get captain crunch and the fruit loops, but that is about it!

Ever think about moving to the US?

#1478 of 2223 Ken_Martinez

Ken_Martinez

Stunt Coordinator

• 133 posts

Posted April 11 2013 - 08:03 AM

Now, I'm just making sure of everything as this is somewhat confusing based on these two reports

WHY AREN’T THE CLASSIC COLOR POPEYE CARTOONS RELEASED ON VIDEO?

Good News! Warner Bros. will release these to DVD and Blu-Ray next year. Restoration is taking place now. The first boxed set should be released in July 2014! (From cartoonresearch.com)

VERSUS this article...http://www.homemedia...-cartoons-30099

My question is this...so will these will be the Famous Studios -  Paramount Popeye toons that they left off on, after Voulme 3 was released a few years ago or is this something entirely different? Would this become Volume 4 then/a continuation? 

I know there were many versions of Popeye made, but the first article makes it sound like it will be Volume 4, a continuation of the previous sets being released a year from now and the second article refers to it as possibly the 1960-62 version of the cartoons being released by the Archives, or am I getting this mixed up somehow? Any clarity to these two reports would be greatly appreciated. I'm happy Popeye is coming out, but hoping it will be the 4th Volume of the originals coming out.

The theatrrical shorts are still in the court of WHV retail, while the made-for-TV cartoons are being released by the Archive. For whatever reason, the Archive's TV Popeyes are coming out before the remaining theatricals.

#1479 of 2223 MattPriceTime

MattPriceTime

Second Unit

• 374 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn Park, MD

Posted April 12 2013 - 09:00 PM

As of note, while it's not that popular Cave Kids is going to be the front runner for that Flintstones spinoff hint. Given it's placement in polls as such.

If Captain Caveman is finally seeing the light of day then that only strengthens the beleive those long term fixups are going to happen (good sign for the earlier funny animals)

I haven't seen much news outside of this out of late, but then i also haven't been checking as often lol.

On the Clue Club note some info got mixed up to that person. As it did not win the poll it came in 3rd. ANd on the other WA already confirmed it is in the works. It was several months ago they said they looked to start it soon and there for should be in the works now. I assume it won't be that long of a fix up.

Edited by MattPriceTime, April 12 2013 - 09:04 PM.

Blanket Quote for myself for all my postings from Feb 2014 and on

"i'm not shy to mention that i seem to be a major outlier on this forum. But i'm still highly boggled by some things posted here. But hey i can only be so critical but some things do bother me a bit, but to each their own. Even if it's odd conspiracies, not wanting to use terms correctly or just throwing hasty generalizations."

If the horse doesn't want to drink, i'm not going to lead them to water

#1480 of 2223 derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 720 posts

Posted April 13 2013 - 09:41 AM

As of note, while it's not that popular Cave Kids is going to be the front runner for that Flintstones spinoff hint. Given it's placement in polls as such.

If Captain Caveman is finally seeing the light of day then that only strengthens the beleive those long term fixups are going to happen 

On the Clue Club note some info got mixed up to that person. As it did not win the poll it came in 3rd. ANd on the other WA already confirmed it is in the works.

On the Flintstones topic, it would be nice if The New Fred and Barney Show  came out next, since it's 17 shows

is about the right size for a set, and not complicated, like some of the other compilation shows.

I guess i'm still hoping for the 1980 Flintstone Comedy show in the full versions. But given that it

has a captain caveman segment in it, who knows if WB would split it up, or just never release any

of the anthology type shows as complete episodes.

Clue Club, Captain Caveman, and Goldie Gold & Action Jack are my top 3 wanted unreleased shows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users