Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Next Hanna-Barbera set?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2651 replies to this topic

#2641 of 2652 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,353 posts

Posted April 16 2015 - 06:29 AM

What's keeping some of the other HB shows from being released? I'm specifically talking about the following:

The Adventures of Gulliver

The New Adventures of Huck Finn

These Are The Days

Devlin

Not to mention a boatload of others.

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 40,132    :biggrin:   ( 847 Series )  :B)  Movies - 2,538 :B)   Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B) Documentaries  500 :B)

#2642 of 2652 OFFLINE   derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 794 posts

Posted April 16 2015 - 12:39 PM

What's keeping some of the other HB shows from being released? 

I would guess they forecast only tiny number sales, and can't be bothered.

The window is closing on this type of content and delivery, that's my opinion

on why the releases have dropped off the map.

#2643 of 2652 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,430 posts

Posted April 16 2015 - 01:28 PM

I have been saying for a few years that HB's window is closing in terms of classic cartoon sales. We are now close to 40 years when saturday cartoons peak which to me was around 1979. 

I have given up that the few shows I want released with ever be released to DVD. I have the main HB cartoons as such if the others come out then that will be bonus for me. 

#2644 of 2652 OFFLINE   ClassicTVMan1981X

ClassicTVMan1981X

Stunt Coordinator

• 109 posts
  • LocationMilwaukie, OR, US

Posted April 16 2015 - 01:35 PM

I have been saying for a few years that HB's window is closing in terms of classic cartoon sales. We are now close to 40 years when saturday cartoons peak which to me was around 1979. 

I have given up that the few shows I want released with ever be released to DVD. I have the main HB cartoons as such if the others come out then that will be bonus for me. 

I refuse to believe they will give up on everything H-B. 

~Ben

#2645 of 2652 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,673 posts

Posted April 16 2015 - 02:09 PM

They are definitely not giving up on these they have indicated many times recently that several shows are in the works. By using the mod system their risk is very low on these and they have stated that these releases do sell.  Its just a case of them having too much on their plate in terms of movies, tv shows and animation. On top of that they just went through a website merger and are now going through the sale to a company that will manage the website and sales so all releases have been a little slower the past 2 months but should be picking up again.

The HB releases seem to have gone through cycles: 2010-2013 was mostly 60's and 70's releases with a few 80's and 90's tossed in. Since mid 2013 its been reversed so I haven't bought much since 2013 because I am mainly interested in 60's and 70's shows.

They have mentioned that Atom Ant/Secret Squirrel show should be released in the not too distant future. Yogi's Space Race is also rumored to be coming this year. Hopefully we will get a few more 60's and 70's releases.

I also want the first 2 on your list. I believe they mentioned along time ago that The New Adventures of Huck Finn was in rough shape and needed a lot of work.

What's keeping some of the other HB shows from being released? I'm specifically talking about the following:

These Are The Days

Devlin

...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

#2646 of 2652 OFFLINE   Mark Y

Mark Y

Supporting Actor

• 605 posts

Posted April 16 2015 - 04:26 PM

Regarding the closing credits being corrected on the Flintstones DVD season sets: There is an episode called "Seeing Doubles" where the Great Gazoo creates "Fred And Barney Nothing" so Fred and Barney can fool their wives and be in two places at the same time. Fred can only say "Yes yes yes" and Barney can only say "No no no." When I saw this episode in syndication in Chicago (from 16mm film before they did any of the video transfer versions or whatever other remastered versions) it ended with Pebbles and Bamm Bamm singing "Let The Sunshine In" behind the closing credits, and George "Jetson" O'Hanlon was named as the writer of this episode, which i thought was cool. Now, that is NOT what is on the DVD version. I see that closing on a different episode (with a different writer credited) but not this one. So what was I seeing back in the early 1980s then? Did that closing belong on a different episode?

#2647 of 2652 OFFLINE   Towergrove

Towergrove

Supporting Actor

• 947 posts

Posted April 19 2015 - 09:13 AM

From recent conversations the HB releases are some of the biggest sellers in the WA.  As far a this type of content and delivery I still feel that we will continue to see "Classics" coming from the studios.  Many classics are timeless.  As far as the delivery with physical media being around 7 to 8 billion a year for the studios I dont see them closing the door on that anytime soon.  I also should state that electronic sell thru will be over 2 billion this year in sales so maybe we will see some more titles via EST.  I purchased the remaining scooby doo episodes from Itunes recently only because I have waited too long for the scooby doo dvd sets ive wanted for years now. 

Im very pleased with the output from the Warner Archive.  I do hope we see an increase in titles as we move thru the late spring summer timeframe.

"Fasten your seatbelts - it's going to be a bumpy night."

#2648 of 2652 OFFLINE   Towergrove

Towergrove

Supporting Actor

• 947 posts

Posted April 19 2015 - 09:15 AM

These Are The Days

Devlin

Waiting for Clue Club!  Hopefully soon!!!

#2649 of 2652 OFFLINE   Towergrove

Towergrove

Supporting Actor

• 947 posts

Posted April 19 2015 - 09:18 AM

They are definitely not giving up on these they have indicated many times recently that several shows are in the works. By using the mod system their risk is very low on these and they have stated that these releases do sell.

I often tend to forget that the staff at the Warner Archive is very tiny and it always has been.  With George F at the helm I feel very safe in knowing that he is in charge of the outfit.  Neverless they do have a very big plate to fill as im sure everyone has their favorites that want to be released or rereleased.  Every show that is remastered or taken care of by the Warner Archive is a show that they can then resell again in the future in whatever format comes our way.  It is an investment on the part of Warner to maintain and take care of their back catalogues.

#2650 of 2652 OFFLINE   Towergrove

Towergrove

Supporting Actor

• 947 posts

Posted April 19 2015 - 12:13 PM

More Scooby Doo on the way with ... ready for this...  the rock band...KISS (LOL)

http://www.horrorsoc...ated-adventure/

The super-sleuthing canine and “the hottest band in the world” are teaming up in the animated film Scooby-Doo! and Kiss: Rock and Roll Mystery, available July 10 on digital HD platforms and July 21 on Blu-ray/DVD from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.

Kiss members Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer voice their own characters in the movie, which centers on a Halloween concert at the group’s amusement park Kiss World. Scooby, Shaggy and the rest of the Mystery Inc., gang drop by to hear some tunes but wind up partnering with the musicians to take on the Crimson Witch, a spooky lady with a nefarious plan to summon the evil and powerful Destroyer from the alternate dimension of Kissteria.

#2651 of 2652 OFFLINE   Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Screenwriter

• 1,213 posts

Posted April 20 2015 - 02:44 AM

More Scooby Doo on the way with ... ready for this...  the rock band...KISS (LOL)

http://www.horrorsoc...ated-adventure/

Oh lord. Kiss meets the phantom of the park...AGAIN!

#2652 of 2652 OFFLINE   Darby67

Darby67

Second Unit

• 363 posts

Posted April 20 2015 - 04:03 AM

Oh lord. Kiss meets the phantom of the park...AGAIN!

Indeed!  But look on the bright side: at least this time they won't need stunt doubles for Ace or have to overdub Peter's voice.  ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users