What's new

Something that REALLY ticks me off is when............ (1 Viewer)

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
some a-hole smoking his cancer stick and decides just to toss it out his window. Like the world is your f'in ashtray you ignorant moron!!!!!!!!!! :angry: Stick your sticking sh*t in your own car where it belongs!!!!! Ok......I feel better now. :)

Any others that would like to contribute feel free just fill in the end of the sentence.

CF

DougWright

Stunt Coordinator
I never understood that one either, when I chew gum I don't throw it or my wrapper out the window. How is this not littering?

I would sooner see someone throw an apple core out the window of their car, at least it will biodegrade.

Not sure why common sense is flip flopped on this issue.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer

My Danish stepmom was ticketed for littering back in the 60s for throwing an apple core out the window of the family Buick. She actually was successful in using the "biodegradable" defense long before the word was common--got off with no fine.

Aaron Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
Here in Washington, it's a $1000+ fine if someone is caught throwing a lit cigarette out the window. I think the fire danger in summer is what prompted this, as there have been a few forest fires started this way. Too bad I don't ever see any cops around when I see people do this every day.

A

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
I hate the a-holes who empty their ash trays at stop lights. I used to get so pissed when riding my motorcyle someone in front of me would throw out a lit butt. Down here in the South you have to watch out for flying spit and used chew too.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
In North Carolina, you can report the license number of people who do this (or just litter in general) and the DOT will send them a warning letter along with some trash and cigarette butts!

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
Here in Michigan it's common practice for smokers to just flick their butt out the window without giving it a second thought. Sort of like the world is their ashtray. It really pisses me off when the car directly in front of me does this and my car is showered with ashes. I've been tempted to drive around with some garbage in my car so I could drive around flicking trash on the cars of smokers.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Pisses me off also. What really gets my goat though is people that toss butts on the ground even though there's an ash tray within 10 feet of where they're walking. I get to see this happen every morning as people wait for the bus...as soon as it shows up these people just toss the butt on the ground and get on the bus...the ash try is less then 5 feet away if they'd only other to take that extra step :angry:

JamesCB

Second Unit
I'm guilty.

I do throw my butts out the window when I'm driving. I've never heard of anyone getting fined for doing so. I've done it in front of cops. Hell, Ive seen cops do the same thing. Maybe it depends on where you are from.

I do take the consideration of looking for an ashtray, though. Some times, if there is no ashtray around, I will put it out and hold on to it untill I find a trash can.

It is definitly IGNORANT to empty an ashtray in a parking lot or at a stop light. That's just stupid.

What really PISSES ME OFF is seeing someone driving and smoking, while their kids are in the car.

James

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
quote:Down here in the South you have to watch out for flying spit and used chew too.

John, are you able to tell the difference at 70mph? Does this happen a lot? The "flying spit" I mean. I can't stop saying "flying spit." Really funny stuff.
laugh.gif

Keith M.

Second Unit
Dont mind the cigerettes as much as some piece 'o sh*t car burning so much oil, it looks like the car is on fire. The smell makes me sick to my stomach...
furious.gif
furious.gif
furious.gif

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I do throw my butts out the window when I'm driving. I've never heard of anyone getting fined for doing so. I've done it in front of cops. Hell, Ive seen cops do the same thing. Maybe it depends on where you are from.

Next time you're tempted to do this, please remember there are serious safety issues here. What if you cigarette is flicked back in someone's eyes? What if it lands in a patch of dry grass and starts a fire? And if you think I'm being over the top with these concerns, I've had flicked cigarettes hit my windshield and graze the side of my car from the ignoramus in front of me who decided spending $1 on an ashtray for his car was just too much money.

Also, think of all of those cigarette butts that get thrown out of windows. That's a huge amount of pollution you're willingly throwining right onto the land.

So forget courtesy and appearances if you want - you're choosing to blindly toss something from your car that could burn, blind, or kill someone. Please stop doing it.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Man,it ain't just the smokers and the spitters that you got to look for; it's the darn birds, too: the shitters!

There you are cruising along, and SPLAT! , a whitish glob with green chunks is all over your windshield. Darned uric acid! And if you're driving a convertible, I mean, fuggitaboutit. It's all in your hair, all over your Ray-Bans, on your Tommy Hilfingers, in your Super Size cola,......

The government really ought to do something about it. It's disgusting.
furious.gif
Shoot'em! Everylast one of the little feathery bastards needs to be shot!

This was a sarcasm, in case anyone thinks I don't like birds. I do. I really do. I think birds are neat. Did you know that some paleobiologists believe birds are the most likely direct descendants of dinosaurs? Think about that the next time one of them shits on your windshield.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
The car in front of me tossed a lit butt out the window on my way to work this morning. On the freeway. Going 50 MPH or so. It hit the pavement and JUST missed my vehicle.

I was PISSED.

I'm an ex-smoker. Been quit for 2.5 years now. When I DID smoke, I didn't throw my butts out the window. My car had an ashtray in it.. I used it, and emptied it at gas-stations and convenience stores. You know, the ones with garbage cans outside.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Not to mention, it could fly into someone elses car and start a fire, causing them to get into an accident. Like in "Reality Bites"

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
quote:Man,it ain't just the smokers and the spitters that you got to look for; it's the darn birds, too: the shitters!

And ALWAYS when it's freshly washed...
furious.gif

quote:Been quit for 2.5 years now. When I DID smoke, I didn't throw my butts out the window

I quit 10 years ago. I never smoked in my cars or in my house.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
quote:Man,it ain't just the smokers and the spitters that you got to look for; it's the darn birds, too: the shitters!

Stop it!!....stop...stop...stop. +in tears here+

At work, we have to park on a heavily parked on street. There is one spot on the whole strip no one will park. There is a murder of crows on this one telephone pole. We call the spot the "dunce chair."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks