Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Best Buy Pre-Order DAWN OF THE DEAD 2004 ..Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Christopher*KH

Christopher*KH

Stunt Coordinator

• 118 posts

Posted October 03 2004 - 01:44 PM

The Following is from BESTBUY website
Quote:
Order the terrifying Dawn of the Dead (Unrated Director's Cut) on DVD and get a killer bonus disc containing:

"Mockumentary: Undead and Loving It!" A perspective on working with zombies on the set from director Zack Snyder, cast and crew
"Drawing the Dead: Storyboard Comparisons"

(Dawn of the Dead (Unrated Director's Cut) releases 10/26/04. Bonus disc will arrive with Dawn of the Dead and is available while supplies last. The rated version of this film WILL NOT contain the bonus disc.)
================================================== ==========

Dawn of the Dead (Unrated Director's Cut)

When a mysterious virus turns people into mindless, flesh-eating zombies, a handful of survivors wage a desperate, last-stand battle to stay alive… and human!

Exploding with ghastly surprises and nerve-shredding fun, Dawn of the Dead is an edge-of-your-seat thrill ride that FOX-TV calls "one of the best horror flicks in years."

Unrated Director's Cut Special Features:
"The Lost Tape: Andy's Terrifying Last Days Revealed"
Special Report: See how broadcast news channels handle the zombie invasion and the collapse of the world
Over 12 minutes of deleted scenes (view with optional commentary)
"Splitting Headaches": Anatomy of exploding heads
"Attack of the Living Dead": Dissecting the film's most memorable zombie kills
"Raising the Dead": An in-depth look at turning actors into undead killers

Is this BONUS DISC only for PRE-ORDERS?? What do you guys think? Any thoughts and replies would be great. I don't want to miss out on anything extra regarding this film. I saw it 2 times at the cinemaplex and its one of my favorites this year..so let me know if you can

thanks, chris
"You never know how much you really believe anything until its Truth or Falsehood becomes a matter of Life or Death to You". C.S. Lewis

My Collection

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Bob clamer

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor

• 651 posts

Posted October 04 2004 - 11:40 AM

No. More than likely it will be packaged with the DVD but be careful when you make your purchase. Make sure there is some kind of sticker on the packaging that says it is included. I pre-ordered the Friday the 13th Ultimate set because it showed the bonus disc if you pre-ordered it as well as purchasing it in the store. The bonus discs that Best Buy provides are usually "in store" only promos. I looked at the advertisment for the DVD on BB's website but it does not say anything about it being available with an on-line purchase of this title.(As oppossed to the Friday the 13th set which states "Jason Forever bonus disc is available with purchase from Best Buy or BestBuy.com while supplies last."). Hold off until the release date and get it from the store. Besides, there might be another store advertising it cheaper. Then do a pricematch. Hope this helped. Posted Image

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel

Screenwriter

• 2,284 posts

Posted October 04 2004 - 11:56 AM

1. If the featurettes are anything like what's on the actual Dawn of the Dead DVD itself, there's no point in "pre-ordering" it now. The featurettes on the DVD are completely fluff and contain no substance.

2. If the featurettes are like Best Buy's Eurotrip bonus disc (which contained a thirty minute featurette not on the actual DVD), then go ahead and pre-order it. But I bet a dollar that the bonus disc will be available when the disc hits retail.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Bob clamer

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor

• 651 posts

Posted October 04 2004 - 01:18 PM

Looks to me like the bonus disc will not be available through a pre-order. Just an "in-store" promotion.