-

Photo
- - - - -

Need speakers for a small apartment.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 NickGei

NickGei

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted October 03 2004 - 10:29 AM

Hi,

I am looking for some bookshelf speakers for my 13'x10' apartment. I won't be playing anything loud, but overall sound quality is very important to me. Also I am on a limited budget and would like to spend as little as possible without sacrificing quality. Ascend Acoustics CBM-170s look perfect to me, but they are a bit more than I wanted to spend and I can't help but think they would be overkill for such a small room with low volume.

If it matters, my reciever will be an Onkyo TX-SR502.

Thanks.

#2 of 4 KevinWEL

KevinWEL

Stunt Coordinator

• 93 posts

Posted October 03 2004 - 10:38 AM

I would recommend looing at the entry level speakers from Energy, Axiom Audio, Aperion. I would say there on the same level as Ascend. I'm sure there will be plenty of recommendations thrown out to you.
Blade Runner Voted the best Sci-Fi movie ever made.
Finally in Blu-ray to fit my budget
My DVD List

#3 of 4 Edwin_D

Edwin_D

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted October 04 2004 - 12:52 AM

I recently picked up a pair of Harman Kardon HKB 4 speakers from their Ebay site. In the few days I have had them set up, I have been very pleased with their sound. For approximately $55 dollars, I think they are the bargain of the century. They also have a model HKB 6 with a larger mid/bass driver, which can usually be had for just a little more.

#4 of 4 Rob.melone

Rob.melone

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted October 04 2004 - 05:53 AM

If you are not getting a lot of help with your question, revise your post to indicate that you are seriously considering Bose speakers. Posted Image