Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Anybody get unexpected GamePro issues?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair

Producer

• 6,009 posts

Posted October 28 2001 - 04:46 AM

Gamepro just started showing up on my doorstep. I wonder if it is from ordering unbundled XBox and 'Cube units from Best Buy.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I wonder if I should call them to make sure I don't get billed. The magazine is AWFUL.

#2 of 7 Dave F

Dave F

Screenwriter

• 2,891 posts

Posted October 28 2001 - 05:12 AM

Yeah, I got the last two. I think the 1st one came with a mailer stating that it was due to the unfinished subscription to the Dreamcast Magazine (at least in my case).

What a piece of crap magazine (GamePro).

-Dave

------------------
DVD List
"The page you are looking for is here no more. Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'"

DVD List

#3 of 7 Kelley_B

Kelley_B

Screenwriter

• 2,329 posts

Posted October 28 2001 - 08:56 AM

Do you have a login name, etc with GameSpy??? If so then thats why you are getting them....GameSpy was giving its members 1 free year of GamePro.........I still cannot believe that that magazine is still around.

#4 of 7 Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor

• 935 posts

Posted October 28 2001 - 11:14 AM

I cancelled my GamePro subscription long ago because it turned into MTV Magazine, completely aimed at teenagers. But for some reason, I've been getting all the recent issues. Maybe my subscription hasn't run out yet. *shrug*

I now only subscribe to PCGamer and EGM, as far as gaming mags go.

#5 of 7 Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark

Screenwriter

• 2,181 posts

Posted October 28 2001 - 03:41 PM

Ick, I can't even remember the last time I even looked at a Gamepro.

I used to like it as a kid (not entirely sure why) but it went downhill fast, soon after implementing it's rating system.

------------------

#6 of 7 Sean Eldridge

Sean Eldridge

Second Unit

• 272 posts

Posted October 29 2001 - 06:32 AM

Thank God no! That mag is terrible. I haven't read it in over 6 years, it started feeling like a kiddie mag. That was when I was 17.

Sean

------------------
"My girls won 10 out of 11. And the 11th was won by a deaf mute. You can't beat that."

#7 of 7 Camp

Camp

Screenwriter

• 2,303 posts

Posted October 29 2001 - 01:31 PM

Let's remember GamePro is marketed at the younger crowd. In my experience, however, even kids hate it. Posted Image