Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Any ideas on how to stop glass buzzing from sub?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Scott Goldsmith

Scott Goldsmith

Stunt Coordinator

• 209 posts

Posted October 02 2004 - 06:16 AM

I plan to place my PB2-Ultra up front next to my speakers, but it will be in a corner than has a window on one wall and the sliding glass door to the back yard on the joining wall. Any ideas what to do to keep the buzzing down? Can you put a little piece of dynamat or something on the metal frames to absorb the bass? That stuff works in my car, wouldn't see why not in the house Posted Image

#2 of 5 Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Producer

• 5,910 posts

Posted October 02 2004 - 03:07 PM

Scott, why not just wait and see if you actually have a problem?
My Equipment List
“A nice mid-fi system,” according to an audiophile acquaintance.

My Tech / DIY Articles and Reviews

#3 of 5 Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter

• 1,365 posts

Posted October 02 2004 - 03:45 PM

Even with my little JBL subwoofer, the wires in the walls buzz, and not much I can do about that.

#4 of 5 KenRen

KenRen

Stunt Coordinator

• 90 posts

Posted October 03 2004 - 01:38 AM

Hey, I have the same problem. Insulated glass with those faux mutton in-between the panes of glass.

With my SVS 25-31 located right below the window, serious buzzing at sub frequencies when the rest of the ssppeakers are relaltively quiet. Big ship coming over the mountain in Close Encounters is the worst.

Fixes?

KenRen

#5 of 5 Matt G.

Matt G.

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted October 04 2004 - 01:28 AM

Try the Auralex GRAMMA. I have one and it cuts down on the vibrations in the room when you place it under your sub.