Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Diplexer- Please help!!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Andrew P

Andrew P

Second Unit

• 314 posts

Posted January 24 2001 - 11:40 AM

I just purchased the Mitsubishi DST-3000 and it mentions that you must use a diplexer in order to combine satellite and antenna signals. All the radio shacks are out of diplexers so I purchased a signal combiner/splitter #16-2581. Will this work?? If not where can I get a diplexer in time for the game on Sunday??
Thanks,
Andy

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   R Benson

R Benson

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted January 24 2001 - 01:57 PM

Don't use the spliiter/combiner. A diplexer will pass voltages needed for the LNB on the dish where a splitter won't. Any Satellite sales/installer should be able to get you one quickly. Hope this helps

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,536 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted January 24 2001 - 03:03 PM

There was a satellite installer next to my Radio Shack and I was able to get a simple RCA diplexer for $8. You can also order it from a place like DishDepot.com, but you will have to pay for overnight shipping...it is probably easier to let your fingers do the walking and find a satellite dealer in your area. I lucked out...because I went to Rat Shack first and was turned off by their $30 diplexer...walked next door and got what I needed for a fraction of the price!

Best of luck!

- Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users