Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Ebay Issue

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,575 posts

Posted October 01 2004 - 08:15 AM

Has anyone been looking at an ebay auction and within the auction there is a link to view more pictures? I clicked the link and it brings me up to an ebay login screen. I don't think that it's real. Could this be a way for someone to get ebay passwords?
"and no one seems to understand the glory of guitar, when out of tune, the off timing, the singers who can't sing, - the beauty of flaw!"

"I apologize if there is anyone in this room I have not offended" - Brahms

My Band - Charlie Don't Surf! https://www.facebook...arlieDontSurfCT

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter

• 1,088 posts

Posted October 01 2004 - 08:36 AM

Copy and paste the URL of the linky in question, or pass over the auction number or something, and we'll figure it out.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter

• 1,825 posts

Posted October 01 2004 - 09:29 AM

Ebay seems to be putting more and more functions "behind" the login. You used to be able to search completed items without having to sign in, but now they require you to do so. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that they are using the same policy for viewing additional pictures.
My DVD, Blu-Ray and HD DVD Collection @ DVDSpot

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   James T

James T

Screenwriter

• 1,643 posts

Posted October 01 2004 - 10:37 AM

One way to check is to log in first, then view the auciton. If it still asks to enter your eBay login, then you know it's a scam.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted October 02 2004 - 03:52 PM

quote:

One way to check is to log in first, then view the auciton. If it still asks to enter your eBay login, then you know it's a scam.

Either that or your browser is having trouble accepting cookies.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   alan halvorson

alan halvorson

Screenwriter

• 2,021 posts

Posted October 02 2004 - 08:03 PM

I have been using Ebay for 4+ years now and have never seen this. You do not have to log in to Ebay to view more photos. If the link is within the auction description, then I would assume it is a method to collect your Ebay username and password.
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users