What's new

Sony DVP-NS975V? (1 Viewer)

Greg Labate

Stunt Coordinator
Sony DVP-NS975V?
Anyone have this yet? Looks great - SACD and HDMI/DVI. At Good Guys for $299. Anyone compare it to the Denon 1910?

MikeWestdal

Auditioning
I just got the player you mentioned. It plays movies and CD's great. The remote is easy to use. No problems. I also tried the Yamaha DVDS 1500 too, and while the sound and picture were fine, I did not like the remote, it was hard to use and kinda cheap. The on screen set-up was not intuitive like the Sony. Good luck.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
I think this player and the Panny s97 are both excellent and going to duke it out quite well for the "king of the under $500" club. :emoji_thumbsup:

MikeWestdal

Auditioning
On Thursday, November 25, my Sony NSV975 stopped playing DVD's and CD's. The player would lock up and the door open/close function would stop or be slow. DVD/CD data was not displayed in the player data window. I think it was a software glitch. Otherwise, the player was great for DVD/CD's. I wanted it to work out. After many phone calls and 300 miles later, I up traded for a black Denon 2910. The Denon is truly an amazing player for me. I really love the sound and bass the player puts out. Thanks for reading.
mw, stkn, ca.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks