-

Photo
- - - - -

Surround sound speaker mount

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Shane R

Shane R

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted September 28 2004 - 07:21 AM

I dont know how to explain what im looking for. The room I have my computer in has nowhere to mount my rear speakers and putting speaker stands behind me will not work either. As of now I have my 5.1 speakers all in front of me Posted Image .

I have found something that will work but I cannot find it anywhere on the net. If you ever go to Circuit City or some other big box electronics store they have what im looking for on thier displays. Its a bar of some sort that comes from behind thier TV displays and curves overhead above the consumer. This would be perfect for my computer setup but I cannot find this anywhere. Any suggestions?

Thanks

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   ScottCHI

ScottCHI

Screenwriter

• 1,292 posts

Posted September 28 2004 - 07:54 AM

http://www.monsta.cc/gaming_chair.htm

otherwise, can you hang them from the ceiling, perhaps?
"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Lee Carbray

Lee Carbray

Second Unit

• 308 posts

Posted September 28 2004 - 08:05 AM

What about stands?
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." Frank Zappa

Dealer listing for Toronto & Area

My Shiva

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Producer

• 5,910 posts

Posted September 28 2004 - 09:59 AM

He’s already ruled that out, Lee:

Quote:
and putting speaker stands behind me will not work either.

Shane, you really didn’t give us enough information to get a handle on your situation. For instance:

Quote:
The room I have my computer in has nowhere to mount my rear speakers
That sounds like you don’t have any back wall at all. If that’s the case, hanging them from the ceiling back there is about your only option.

Quote:
Its a bar of some sort that comes from behind thier TV displays and curves overhead above the consumer.
As far as I know, those things are solely for floor displays. I doubt you’ll find anyone actually selling them.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

My Equipment List
“A nice mid-fi system,” according to an audiophile acquaintance.

My Tech / DIY Articles and Reviews

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   ScottCHI

ScottCHI

Screenwriter

• 1,292 posts

Posted September 28 2004 - 10:06 AM

Posted Image

with some ingenuity (and maybe a little duct tape), you could probably rig something with a couple of fiberglass fishing rods

Posted Image
"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Shane R

Shane R

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted September 28 2004 - 11:30 AM

Thanks for the replies. I had to move my computer in the bedroom when I put the projector in the living room. I suppose I could go with cieling mount. I didnt want to put any holes in the ceiling as I plan to sell this home in the next year. I didnt want run speaker wire across my ceiling either.

I suppose I could rig something up, I figured these retailers had to buy that setup from somebody. Was hoping somebody knew who. Posted Image

Forum Nav Content I Follow