What's new

NCIS Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This season, CBS has dropped the "Navy" from the old title of "Navy NCIS" from last season, and my ReplayTV did not pick up the shortened title of just "NCIS". So there's my warning for y'all.

I like this show's chemistry, and the cases each week are interesting enough. Let's hope they can sustain both and bring something new for this season.

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
I really enjoy this show .... of all the procedural crime shows out there (including CSI), I think this one has the best ensemble of characters. Something about the show just "clicks." I was pleasantly surprised when I saw in the end-of-season ratings that it held up so well (especially against "American Idol")... Now if we can just get season 1 out on DVD sometime soon .... :)

Bryan

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I hope they tone down DeNozo's "clueless jerk" persona a bit. It just gets old as time goes on.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
This is one of the only shows that I watched over the summer(reruns) and I enjoyed it, so I will be tuning in this fall.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Man, this cast is a fast, tight, funny ensemble and the season premiere hit on all cylinders tonight. I was into it for the entire episode. The humor is just deftly done, and within context of the procedural aspect of the job. Glad to see McGee join the cast (of course, that was given away when he was added to the opening credit montage).

Glad to have this show back on the air. The little girl (I remember her from "Signs") was really good, and did a lot to help NCIS break the case.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/5/04

That was a creepy, disturbing case of women looking for love in the wrong place, and a guy willing to egg on their marital notions, but with a 1950's twist to them.

McGee and Tony's different approaches to understanding the female mind brought in a some good laughs, usually at Tony's expense.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/19/04 "Lt. Jane Doe"

A present day crime that recalls a 10-year old unsolved cold case gets Ducky agitated and bent on solving the case because the cold case was the only case where Ducky could not provide an ID for the body, nor closure for the family of the victim.

Overally, good case, though the bad guy was sort of telegraphed early on. Did like the ending when Jethro explained to the killer why their plan didn't work. Classic!

Tony should change his name to Dibozo, but karma was kicking his butt in this episode.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I really like how this cast just fits nicely.

Wonder what the relationship between Ducky and Jethro is. If anyone else other than Ducky held back info, Jethro would have been mopping the floor with them.

Great to see Dinozo get hit with "karma".:D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/26/04

Another entertaining hour from the NCIS.

An ordnance field is discovered to be a dumping ground for the mafia, and taking a page out of "The Sopranos" cat-n-mouse games between the mafia and the Feds, NCIS has to get involved in finding the leak in the Feds, else Tobias gets framed for the leak as agent after agent going undercover inside the mafia turns up dead.

This "drama" has more laughs than some comedies I watch. But all the while, it's got a good deal of guile and subterfuge to keep the audience guessing as the episode unfolds. All in all, very good episode.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Yep! There is nothing like a few really LOL moments in a drama. Especially the 'sleeping together'. I almost lost it completely.

BTW, what was with the rerun after that? No Clubhouse?

Glenn

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Oh crap! Thanks! Yeah, as usual, this does start to mess things up. Other shows are/have been changed too. Whenever they do this, I imagine a bunch of bullies in my head, with them arguing over which is the better show.

"Oh Yeah? Well, wait until you see what I'm going to do!"
(Cried the child)

Insanity rules! (the networks)

Glenn

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Given the low expectations on Saturdays, Clubhouse might live longer there. Or not.

With the new gimmick of showing the last few frames at the beginning of each act, it was easy to guess that whatshisname hanged himself. And almost as easy to guess that he faked it. And... and given who was available in the guest cast, who the mole was.

But the other stuff was gold. Cait is limber.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Crap. I just realized the title/Tivo issue. So, I just caught my first episode this season.

Pretty good. One big, glaring hole. Despite the guy being a mole, a mafia guy killed a federal agent. Do we just leave it at that?

And, is it just me, or does anyone else have the desire to bitch slap a co-worker on the back of the head????

phil-w

Stunt Coordinator
Is anyone else watching this in High Deffinition? I think this is one of the worst HD pictures I have seen on CBS. The image is extremely grainy, and the color saturation is pushed up so high it is unwatcheable without backing the color setting way off on my projector.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if it's being shot on film, which can produce an overly grainy picture if that's how the DP wanted it to look. If I'm home on Tuesday, I choose to watch Gilmore Girls in HD because NCIS doesn't look that good to me as well. NCIS is definitely not one of the better showcases for what HD can do.

phil-w

Stunt Coordinator
That is very possible Patrick, and I understand the desire to have a bit of grain, if that is what they were after, but I certainly don't understand the need to push the color so much that the entire cast look like Halloween Pumpkins :frowning:

France_G

Auditioning
We love Abbey and hope they develop her character a little more. She's definitely strange and unusual, and has an interesting relationship with Gibbs... And what the heck is in that huge 'big gulp' cup? Jolt Cola?

I agree - the HD broadcast is sad compared to shows like Las Vegas.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Watched last nights episode(11/23/04), and all I can say is WOW. That was one of the best episodes I've seen in a long time.

I don't know why, but seeing the whole team's love for the old Marine really made for a great episode. Even though I guessed the resolution very quickly, it still had a great ending, with the two former enemies toasting each other.

Nice to see Gibbs has a soft side! And watching the two MP's snap to attention and salute when DiNozzo pulled back the Sgt.'s tie, showing the CMH, was hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks