Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Need car alarm recommendations under $300.00 +/-

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   James_S

James_S

Second Unit

• 391 posts

Posted September 27 2004 - 03:39 PM

Mods. Please move if wrong area -

Looking for a good car alarm installed under $300.00 +/-

Main things we are looking for:
Door Lock/Unlock (keyless entry?)/possible trunk release
Starter Disabled
And good loud siren/possibly horn.
Don’t need remote start, pager or anything special along that lines. Car is a 1997 Honda Accord w/power locks.

Thanks in advance
James_S
Do you spend time with your family.....
Cause a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.
- Marlon Brando, The Godfather 1972

Demolition ForumMy Pathetic DVD Collection

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Chris^C

Chris^C

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted October 05 2004 - 09:00 PM

I've got a mid-level Clifford in my Tahoe and have never had any problems/break-ins on it. Has a bright red blinking light that usually deters thiefs, but along with that has trunk open/lock/unlock button and an extra button that you can assign a remote start. Also pretty nifty feature on mine is you can make it to where it beeps when you lock the doors or you can make it silent.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   David.G

David.G

Stunt Coordinator

• 123 posts

Posted October 07 2004 - 11:28 AM

ask your shop to mix and match if they can. Buy a Audiovox Prestige unit and a DEI brain. I got mine for 150$ installed. It has keyless entry for the doors, nice loud alarm, and if you want you can buy the actuator for a trunk release(if your trunk doesn't already have one). I think it'll be close to 200$ if you get all of that.
David is the car audio guy, Jason is the home audio so if you see a post in car audio thats David, if in Home thats more than likely Jason. Confusing isn't it!!! Also i hope i am allowed to put my sounddomain down on my equipment page. Its car audio but you guys might enjoy it.

http://members.sou...