What's new

speaker suggestions from the forum pros (1 Viewer)

Shawn_D

Auditioning
Okay...I have noticed I don't hear Bose mentioned a lot in this HOME THEATER forum except in a bad way. I am looking for something similar to the Acoustimass 10 bose system (price/size/etc.) but would like someone to save me from falling into the Bose Tractor Beam and from buying them.

* Looking for 5.1 surround speakers and sub.
* I have a budget of $1000.
* I like the size and look of the Bose speakers and that they can be wall mounted.
* Please offer any suggestions with Brand and Model numbers....I am buying my first system and want to make it last...all i ever hear about it BOSE but know there is more out there.

ALSO.....anyone know a good receiver that would go with these? $200 - $300 dollar budget?

Thank you for any help.
Shawn

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
Shawn,
Have you may want to consider the package fromRocket Tykes from AV123 as well. I have not heard them but from what I have read about them they seem to be a great bang for your buck setup.
The guys at AV123 also have a some receiver options as well.

Jon W.

Stunt Coordinator
Let me tell you the one single reason not to buy the Bose. Try to find the frequency response for them. I get Crutchfield catalogs alot and just about every speaker they sell has the frequency response listed except Bose. Not one Bose speaker has the frequency response listed. I went to the Bose website, couldn't find it. I assume its because the speakers don't cover a whole frequency bandwidth without having a few gaps.

Nhan_H

Second Unit
Shawn,

If you followed the Blose posts from AVS, do a search on Sethwas or SethW. His signature line contains a link to his compilation of all bose alternatives. If you do a search for my name in this forum, I've already provided my own list.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks