What's new

SVS 20-39PCi Who's got one (1 Viewer)

Blaine_M

Second Unit
If you have one what do you think? If I get one I'll be replacing an Energy E:XL10 I believe is the model number.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I think its an amazing piece of audio equipment. I think the only way to be disappointed with a PCi model is to have just been somewhere and demoed a PB+ model. :)

Brian Elwood

Stunt Coordinator
I have one - unbelievable!! That is all I can say.

It is larger then you think. sure, you can get a tape measure out and see what 39 inch's looks like but until you take that beauty out of the box (very easy I might add) you will not know the . . girth. It IS like a small water heater :emoji_thumbsup:

like most people I have read - the 1st 10 minutes you will be underwhelmed.

However - once you get it all set up where you want it and put in your 1st demo - BAM. If you have Finding Nemo - put in the Darla section. HOLY CRAP!!! It is literally jaw dropping sub sonic eyeball popping out if you head awesome.

I looks GREAT, sounds GREAT and FEELS GREAT.

In the last couple days I've actually turned it down a tad, it almost gets TO low LOL.

So - that's a :emoji_thumbsup: from me I guess and I thank the HT forum for pleading with me to get it.

GOTTA get new speaker stands LOL

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Great product, great performance. At one point I was considering adding Bass Shakers to my setup but honestly it's not necessary with the SV sub. If there's a spot with seat rumbling LFE you'll know it!

Blaine_M

Second Unit
It is large, how much is/was shipping on it? The rest of my system consists of:

B&W DM602s2 for fronts

B&W CC6s2 center

B&W LM1 for rears

Marantz SR5400 reciever

Denon dv910 DVD player

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
You should expect to pay about 50.00 ground shipping on it. The box it ships in is itself an engineering treat.

Brian Elwood

Stunt Coordinator
quote:The box it ships in is itself an engineering treat.

And I thought I was the only one to notice that!

Shipping to Wisconsin was $30??? about.

Yamaha RX-520
Infinity Entra's front
SVS 20-39PCi
Paridigm ADP-170's rear

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I have one too, and it is an excellent performer, and will perform excellently on both music and film with your setup.

I have: dynaudios, paradigms running off a Marantz sr5300, with the PCi 20-39 as the sub.

David K.

Second Unit
can you guys post pics? Im seriously deciding on this or the pc+ version. I am currently using two sawm-40s and the guys at svs recommended the pc+ or pb2-isd because they said the pci may not provide as much as my two sony subs together (I thought it would be the other way around, I get about 110-115 decibles on the darla scene)

the pb2 isd looks to large for my room. Id love to see how this sub matches your decor, that would be very helpful.

Blaine_M

Second Unit
That all sounds good to me, now I need to talk my wife into it, which I think is a common problem several of us have!

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I had one of the original 20-39PC subs and later upgraded the driver and amp....... It was always a solid performer. I do run several bass shakers with my system, which I do believe is a worthy addition even though the sub itself provided just about as much house rumble as one could want........We used our system often and "loud"..... for movies mostly but music every now and then......

Earlier this year, we upgraded to the PB2+ which, again, I have found also to be a solid performer.

I have my system in an approx 3500 cf room (with multiple openings) and the upgraded PC model was more than plenty enough to fill it very well.........

Ronneil Camara

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Blaine_M,

I have 20-39PCi. Make sure you contact your home insurance. More structural damage to the house. LOL
biggrin.gif

Honestly, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it most especially when all my drop ceiling panels dances in harmony.
biggrin.gif

Honestly again, no regrets! If I will upgrade, I will definitely upgrade to another SVS!!!!

BradZ

Stunt Coordinator
I upgraded from an energy S8.2 sub to the SVS 20-39 PCi. My wife was initially against the move because she hates bass. The reason she hated bass was because she had never heard good bass. The energy sub was boomy and hot in the upper bass to compensate for it's lack of depth. The SVS will give you accurate flat bass that won't sound like the car speaker department at your local best buy. When you get everything set up and you relisten to some of your favorite movies you'll be amazed at what you've been missing.

I agree with many others, this is the best upgrade I've made to my HT.

Tim Stumpf

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Plus model in that configuration. I think shipping for me was about $20 to Missouri. Not much more than that. I thought it was a mistake at first, but it was not... I agree with the others that the packaging was very efficient and well thought out. It's funny. When you first get this thing in your room, it sticks out like a sore thumb, but after a while it does tend to disappear somehow. Mine is sorta behind my right tower main speaker, corner loaded, so you have to go all the way to one end of my living room to really see it. When guests do notice it they usually say, "what the heck is that?" I love the reaction I get when someone hears a good DVD soundtrack for the first time with my PC+. Usually the reaction is "holy sh*t". It's fun to put in a movie and watch the person's reaction when it goes from a quiet part to a bass heavy action scene. I've even scarred a few female friends, and that was a hoot. Finally, I've never heard the PCi version, but the Plus version has some added features that may make it worth spending the extra dollars on, besides the step up in drivers.

Blaine_M

Second Unit
I'll be lucky to get the green light on the PCi version! I just got the 602s a couple months ago, and my SR5400 a couple months before that. I think just that will blow away my old sub. I'm still waiting for the right moment to tell my wife, she asked the other day what I wanted for Christmas this year (that seems to get earlier and earlier every year!) and at the time I hadn't thought about it. I've already got someone who will buy my Energy when the time comes, not sure how much it is worth though.

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I have a SVS 20-39PCi. It is my favorite piece of equipment. Somtimes I wonder what a B4 would be like though...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Oh, and it was nice to hear a demo of the other SV products at the L.A. Meet, like the more powerful PB1. Coming back I'm still very pleased with the 20-39PCi.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks