What's new

The Anthem Statement D1/AVM30 Thread (1 Viewer)

Tom Camlioglu

Stunt Coordinator
Well ... here it is I guess.

Since there already is the AVM20 - thread, this is the successor thread.

So, I don't have much to write yet (I'm preamp-less at the moment - waiting for my D1 delivery)- how many of us have upgraded from the 20? :D

Tom Camlioglu

Stunt Coordinator
Ok .. I just got it tonight ... Wow!! in 5 days too (I was told up to 5 weeks).

Now, when I look at the manual picture - it clearly shows the DTS 96/24 in the logo, however on my Statement it does not have the 96/24. Does the unit have DTS 96/24 or is that in another release?

Michael D

Stunt Coordinator
Tom,

Get this baby hooked up and let us know what you think. Five days is pretty good, did they get any more in do you know???

Levesque

Supporting Actor
I did upgrade from the AVM20 to the D1 4 months ago, the first day it came out.

Firmware version 1.03 did solve a "popping" noise I was having occasionnally (very rarely) in my right surround. :emoji_thumbsup:

Since then it's working flawlessly for me. :D

Tom Camlioglu

Stunt Coordinator
Mike ... are you kidding? The D1 was out of the box before I could get it down the stairs ;)

So I've calibrated it, and noticed one thing immediately, in my environment. It plays louder at the same config/dimensions my AVM20 was at - by my guess 3.0 - 3.5 dB.

Then I watched the 'Fugitive'... this processor seems to have a better control on the bass too.

Billy Joel on SACD - I might as well have been in a night club about 10 feet from the stage....

I couldn't stop but wonder if it sounded this good on the 20 - so I brought in my wife (who has a critical ear - along with critical memory) - she said Wow! .. and had me play music the rest of the night...

(WAF is in the green)

Now I 'have' to get the matching P5 and a P2 - anyone want to buy my (2 MCA20's and an MCA30?) - I just can't have green lights on my amps and a (pacifying) blue on the D1 - that's taboo!!

../TC

(Oh and mine was the only D1 that showed up at the store ...)

Michael D

Stunt Coordinator
Tom,

As you know I am thinking about getting the D1 as well, also would love to have the P5 to go with it but would have to do some electrical upgrades first !!!!

Tom Camlioglu

Stunt Coordinator
Well I'm quite sure the decision of getting a D1 won't be a bad choice. (Heck, if 'my wife' approves - everyone should have it made!)

;)

gene thomas

Auditioning
Congrats Tom. I love my D1 also. Loved the AVM20, but glad that I upgraded. By the way if blue light is what you want, the Gemstone amp has a blue disply. I'll tell you that the combo of D1/Gemstone keeps me awake at night listening to music and watching HT.

Gene Thomas

Tom Camlioglu

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Gene,

I'll do some research on Gemstone (and it's availability in Canada!) - thanks for the heads up!

../TC

Tom Camlioglu

Stunt Coordinator

Grr ;) - they had a P5 at my dealer and he was asking me if I wanted that put aside ... I said 'not yet' - then he asked me to lift it (as a joke!)

Now, on another note - from my observations:

Differences between the Statement A5 and MCA50 - is:
a) blue light on A5 :D
b) same specs to both amps but MCA uses fuses instad of rail like A5

Does that seem like about it?

(Ok, Levesque - don't tempt me on the P5 anymore ;) )

Oh, yeah I see the sticker on yours ... for the 24/192 upsampling .... Mine is silkscreened on the top right beside the THX Ultra2. But your DTS logo does include the 24/96 ... hmmm.

Levesque

Supporting Actor
Tom.

The A2 and A5 amps compared to the MCA20 and MCA50 are just slightly different. There is only some small changes to the components on the boards. The only real difference is that the slew rate was increased so the amp will tend to be a bit faster. SNR is the same. Power output is the same.

Tom Camlioglu

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for checking Gene!

Now I gotta find out from SFI why mine doesn't have it, or if this is just the 'new' logo(?)

gene thomas

Auditioning
Tom, give Jerry at Gemstone a call, he is good to talk to. Tell him I referred you. 763-753-5700. By the way I don't work for them, I'm just very pleased with a good product.

Gene

Tom Camlioglu

Stunt Coordinator
So .. just breaking in the D1 over the weekend :D

Anthem tech support got back to me, something is up with the silkscreening, as they moved the 'upsampling' logo to the top right - somehow the DTS logo shrunk (or got shortened).

My guess is that this may possibly be rectified on the hardware upgrade at the end of the year.

It does play DT 96/24 as I verified it on the weekend with Queen's 'A Night at the Opera' (which is DTS 96/24 and DVD-Audio).

The only thing that bugged me was how the D1 displayed it. If you're looking at the top line of the display , it reads:

'DTS DTS96KHZMAIN' - so it looks all crammed. Hopefully that'll change in a software upgrade. (Or I'll just rurn the display off ;))

Gene, looked at the Gemstone at the site, the price is really good! And it looks awesome! - I'm wondering if 'Secrets' can get their hands on one for review...

../TC

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks