Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dallas Season 3

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
112 replies to this topic

#1 of 113 Louis C

Louis C

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted September 25 2004 - 05:23 PM

Read a rumor on Ultimate Dallas that season 3 is in the works.

Hope this is for real. After finishing with the first set, I am aching for the next season. What a great show.

#2 of 113 Chris:L

Chris:L

Supporting Actor

• 709 posts

Posted September 25 2004 - 06:38 PM

I would love that. Any takers?

#3 of 113 ScottR

ScottR

Screenwriter

• 2,650 posts

Posted September 26 2004 - 07:04 AM

I'm guessing both Season 3 and Season 4 will be released next year for the 25th Anniversary of the "Who Shot J.R.?" storyline. I would imagine Season 3 sometime around May and Season 4 next fall...just a guess.

#4 of 113 Haden

Haden

Supporting Actor

• 782 posts

Posted October 05 2004 - 01:49 PM

Hope it's true. The release of this series on DVD could be as potentially slow and frustrating as the Simpsons. Personally I don't think 2 seasons per year would be good enough, given the lack of extras they plan to include.

Using the first set as an example of the small amount of extras and lack of episode remastering, I think they could easily get 3 season sets out per year. I'd feel more committed to collecting this series on DVD if I was confident that they'd release every season in a reasonable timeframe.

I also hope they release "Dallas: The Early Years" on a seperate DVD or as a bonus disc in a future season set. I haven't seen that movie in years.

#5 of 113 Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted November 07 2004 - 03:21 PM

just saw part of a new reunion show on CBS (they completely give away the Who Shot JR storyline).
wonder if this will make it onto any potential future dvd sets?

it would be nice if we don't have to wait until next August for the next set (personally my favorite season of the show)

#6 of 113 David Von Pein

David Von Pein

Producer

• 5,736 posts

Posted November 07 2004 - 10:00 PM

Quote:
Just saw part of a new reunion show on CBS (they completely give away the Who Shot JR storyline).

They gave away ALL other "cliffhanger" resolutions as well. But, I'd have to say, So what?

Is there actually someone on the mortal coil who doesn't realize that Miss Ellie shot J.R. with a loaded spatula in the conservatory??

j/k

But, seriously, I don't think giving away the 25-year-old cliffhanger resolutions is too much to be scolded for.

I really liked that DALLAS REUNION Special that aired November 7th. Excellent stuff, IMO. And I, too, hope that 2-hr. special makes it to DVD as a Bonus supplement on a future set (perhaps Season 3 even).

Some of those bloopers/gags were great! Miss Ellie using the F word was hysterical. Bleeped over of course for TV. And "blacked" over the mouth. But I *think* it was the F word. I'm doubting they bleeped "horse feathers". Posted Image

BTW -- RIP, Howard Keel. I liked him. Posted Image

#7 of 113 Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted November 08 2004 - 07:41 AM

Quote:
But, seriously, I don't think giving away the 25-year-old cliffhanger resolutions is too much to be scolded for.
I think people buying these sets already know who shot J.R. (and what Bobby was doing in Pam's shower).

About the reunion special...

Victoria Principal: Da-amn, that woman has aged like fine wine...with special emphasis on the word "fine."

Charlene Tilton: Still annoying after all these years.
R.I.P. DVDSpot

#8 of 113 Robin W.

Robin W.

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted November 25 2004 - 03:55 AM

On the Ultimate Dallas site it is said that the Reunion Special is coming out on DVD in 2005.

#9 of 113 Chris:L

Supporting Actor

• 709 posts

Posted November 25 2004 - 05:24 AM

Any sold word sprouting from the rumor yet?

#10 of 113 Matthew Green

Matthew Green

Stunt Coordinator

• 123 posts

Posted November 25 2004 - 03:45 PM

They MAY be 25 years old...But I NEVER saw an episode of Dallas...I bought the first boxed set and won't watch it until season 3 comes out when the big mystery happens...I'll watch all 3 in order then

#11 of 113 Haden

Haden

Supporting Actor

• 782 posts

Posted November 25 2004 - 05:27 PM

I find it hard to believe that the reunion special would be released on DVD by itself. More likely it'll be an extra on the season 3 or 4 sets coming in 2005.

#12 of 113 David Von Pein

David Von Pein

Producer

• 5,736 posts

Posted November 25 2004 - 07:29 PM

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that the reunion special would be released on DVD by itself.

I agree, Haden -- and was thinking exactly the same thing when I saw that post (above). It'd make the ideal "Bonus" supplement, IMO. A good Special, too, if you ask me. Larry Hagman's the man! I loved the way he was making fun of some aspects of the show -- like the idea of all those "grown-up boys livin' in the same house; with just the one bedroom each; and just that one phone in the hallway!" Posted Image

(Although, I DO believe there was a phone in each bedroom if I'm not mistaken. But his remark was still funny. Each man is a multi-millionaire on his own -- and they are confined to one bedroom each @ Southfork.)

Come to think of it -- we never really see the WHOLE house as I recall. Only the kitchen, the parlor (aka: "The Official Everybody Go Here To Get Soused On Bourbon-&-Branch While Pickin' At Each Other Before
Dinner"
Room Posted Image), the Dining Room, and the study/den (which is tiny).

And the kitchen in S.1/S.2, you shall note, is really shabby-looking (considering it's a multi-million-dollar ranch house). Looks like the Evans' type kitchen in "Good Times". Crappy kitchen until Season 3 or 4 I guess.

But where's the Game Room? The billiard table? The "Great Room"? Or even a main/bigger "Living" Room? Or other large "do-nothing" rooms in a house that looks that big from the outside?

Where, I ask, where???

Posted Image

"Are you gonna punch me out, Bobby?"

"No, J.R."

"Good ... Because it's dinner time, and I don't think mama would take kindly to my comin' to the dinner table with a split lip."

Posted Image

#13 of 113 Eric Paddon

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter

• 1,167 posts

Posted November 25 2004 - 08:00 PM

Quote:
But where's the Game Room? The billiard table? The "Great Room"? Or even a main/bigger "Living" Room? Or other large "do-nothing" rooms in a house that looks that big from the outside?

The same place Rob Petrie's basement rock was in Season 1 and his pool table disappeared to after Season 2 in the DVD Show? Posted Image

(You know I couldn't resist that, David). Posted Image

#14 of 113 David Von Pein

David Von Pein

Producer

• 5,736 posts

Posted November 26 2004 - 11:10 AM

You may have a point, Eric. Posted Image

Via UltimateDallas.com (I guess this must be correct; but it still seems a little light on # of rooms to me). ..........

Posted Image

#15 of 113 Chris:L

Supporting Actor

• 709 posts

Posted November 26 2004 - 02:25 PM

That's an overview of only one floor. There were two floors... what happened to them?

#16 of 113 David Von Pein

David Von Pein

Producer

• 5,736 posts

Posted November 26 2004 - 03:00 PM

Obviously it's just the 1st floor....I knew that. But on just the 1st floor alone I think there should be approximately 7,894 more rooms. (Give or take 197.) J.R.'s ego needs plenty of room to breathe, you see. And he needs gobs of space in which to plan how he next will stab a close friend between the shoulder blades via his next crooked deal. Posted Image

#17 of 113 Haden

Haden

Supporting Actor

• 782 posts

Posted November 28 2004 - 04:15 PM

Yeah, the whole ranch should have been designed more like the Corleone compound in The Godfather, with each man having his own home, with all of them close together. That's more realistic for multi-millionaires.

#18 of 113 Louis C

Louis C

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted December 30 2004 - 04:42 PM

There's a lot of frustration on the UltimateDallas bulletin board that there has been no official word yet on the Season 3 set.

Anyone with current info please post.

#19 of 113 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,381 posts

Posted December 31 2004 - 02:20 AM

Warner has definitely not said anything about Season 3 yet.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#20 of 113 Chris:L

Supporting Actor

• 709 posts

Posted December 31 2004 - 02:22 AM

I'd like to know what's taking them so long. Did it sell well?

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow