What's new

Teen Titans Vol 1 (1 Viewer)

Matt Naglieri

Second Unit
Kind of surprised no one is talking about this release.

Volume 1 is due out on 9/28 with the first 6 episodes presented in widescreen only according to the back of the box. Also they seem to be in production order rather then the way they aired.

I personally feel this is a missed opportunity to release the whole season as there were only 13 episodes but I do feel they put more effort into this as opposed to other releases which only had 2-4 episodes per disc.

Randall Cyrenne

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, I'm starting a review of the disc right now for DVDtoons (we didn't get a screener for this one, though, so I'll have to finish writing the review once I buy the disc on the 28th like anyone else). I'm looking forward to watching a few eps in a row, as seeing a few individual eps on TV didn't make me a fan. I'm mainly interested in it since I loved the 1980s comic it's (barely) based on. The anime stylings don't thrill me, and the storytelling is too juvenile for my taste. It's too bad they went for a "kids" audience rather than a "family" one, especially considering the source material--- one of the more mature comics of the 1980s.

With 6 eps, I don't mind the lack of a season set too much. I'd hate it if there were only 2-4 eps on it. It'll be interesting to have the screen ratio and features confirmed once we see the final product.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
I eagerly await this release!! As far as fidelity to the source material goes, I am happy to have a "loose" adaptation with stylized animation, as long as the results are entertaining (which this show IS, in my opinion).

And I am happily taking the trip to San Francisco in a couple weeks to see Puffy perform one of only three shows they are doing in the states this year.

Randall, I eagerly await your review on dvdtoons.com. Keep up the great work!

Jerry R Colvin

Stunt Coordinator
As a long-time superhero fan (with a DC preference), I was dubious before checking out this show. But my 6-year-old stepson and I love it. Yes, it's more juvenile than the other recent DC animated series, but that's okay. 6-year-old kids need their superhero fix too. We also love the free Teen Titans game on Cartoon Network.com.

This show and the new Batman and also the Smallville series are mixing up the original concepts a bit more than I originally would have liked, but since they are all quality programs exposing millions of people to my heroes, I am grateful they exist.

Rob T

Screenwriter
It was definitely dumbed down for the kids, but I feel that there are moments when it does rise to the level of Batman: TAS greatness.
The shot of Robin putting on the suit that Slade gave him in The Apprentice Part 1 was excellent.

Rob T

Screenwriter
well it appears that the cover is labeled wrong. mine is full frame. :frowning:

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
The animae element ruins the show,as well as not following the comic story line ...Im sorry if i offend but i cannot stand the animae shots , it cheapens the show!! With a great premise.. It should have been better !! And if this can get a season set , Where is my Batman Beyond season sets :frowning: not the individual Batman Beyond discs ive seen --Gimmie the season sets !!! Should'nt all classic animation be released that way ?? Why does Warner waste money with "tester" discs Like the Superman :TAS and Batman :TAS dvds knowing that fans want em all ? REALLY STUPID

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
My question is:

Why are we getting this before any of the Spielberg shows? Not that "Teen Titans" isn't a good show (it can be entertaining, although I don't like the anime look), but I want my "Tiny Toons" and "Animaniacs", dammit!

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

And the Hanna-Barbera releases...Don't get me started on those. Why do I think we'll be seeing "The Gary Coleman Show" and "Help! It's The Hair Bear Bunch" before "Pinky And The Brain" or "Freakazoid!"?

Rob T

Screenwriter

Most likely yes, but it would have been nice if they could have gotten the cover correct.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

Because Warner wants to take advantage of the fact that Teen Titans is a popular show currently airing on TV. The fan base for the series is also quite different than the fanbase for Tiny Toons and Animaniacs, so any correlation between one coming out and the other not, doesn't hold up so well.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I know there's no correlation between the fan bases for the shows. I wasn't looking to establish a correlation, Joshua...

I only bought it up because I'm just wondering if I'm ever going to see the Spielberg shows on DVD. I've been waiting for years now.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I'm sorry for threadcrapping...I just want my programs is all.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

It's not really a threadcrap, more of a hijack I guess. Why not start a new topic just about the Spielberg shows?

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Because there are already several, most of them are dead and you're not really supposed to revive old topics.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Sorry again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks