-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
DVD Reviews

HTF REVIEW: Friday the 13th: From Crystal Lake to Manhattan

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
183 replies to this topic

#181 of 184 Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott

Lead Actor

• 7,117 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted October 18 2004 - 06:35 AM

Part 4 was meant to be dark, watered down and a bit grainy but in the original release, the shower scene was grainy but it also contained WAY too much dirt (not grain). On the new transfer, some of the dirt has been removed. As for part 1, I commented on that issue in the review and how it compared to the first release and the Warner release.

#182 of 184 Ian_H

Ian_H

Supporting Actor

• 571 posts

Posted October 18 2004 - 06:38 AM

The only thing I can complain about the set is the lack of the advertised "Scary Trailers" featurette and the complete lack of original artwork. Not even the classic Friday font was used. Oh and the total spoiler picture for Friday 13th Part 1 cover.

All in all I am enjoying the set.

-Ian

#183 of 184 Alexander Shay

Alexander Shay

Agent

• 46 posts

Posted December 17 2004 - 05:21 AM

Hey everybody, look I don't know how appropriate a question this is for this thread, I don't mean to be off-topic of Michael's review, but since the other thread is dead, I didn't know where esle to post. So my question is, does anyone know who has the best price for the set? A family member is considering getting me the set as a christmas gift but she does not want to mail-order it or or purchase it online.

Where I live we have Borders, Target, Wal-Mart, MediaPlay, Sam Goody,Blockbuster, Sam's Wholesale,K-Mart, and Best Buy. Of these chains, which one, if any, is putting the set on sale at a reduced price? I am still going to take the time to call all of them, but I thought perhaps someone here might have a heads-up on this for me.

If not,what's the cheapest or best value online (not ebay or any auctions)?
xanderonurantia

#184 of 184 Randy Gray

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator

• 133 posts

Posted December 19 2004 - 02:56 AM

I just have one basic question. Are the versions of the movies on this set the way they were originally shown in the theaters? I know part 1 is, are the others? Ok two questions. What about the music? Is all the original music intact?

Randy