What's new

Monster Htps7000ss & Avs2000 (1 Viewer)

AllanP

Agent
Hello - perhaps someone can assist me with this:

I am currently using the Monster HTPS7000SS Power Source with all of my peripherals plugged into it (including the cable tv service and external (roof) mounted FM antenna). I am considering purchasing the Monster AVS2000 Voltage Stabilizer and then plugging the HTPS7000SS into it, to regulate the voltage for ALL connected equipment.

My question is this:

Can (should) the AVS2000 be left ON ALL the time? My concern is that SOME of the equipment connected to the HTPS7000SS requires continuous electric for various reasons including to run the internal clocks (cable box, VCR, etc.) and if I turn the AVS2000 off, I will lose the settings. If I plug the HTPS7000SS into the AVS2000' 'unswitched' outlet, I will have 'continuous' power to the unit, however, this power will not be "stabilized" (right?) - or will it?? if the unit is turned off? It seems the whole purpose of owning the AVS2000 would be defeated, if it only stabilizes power to connected equipment when it is turned on. Thus the question of leaving the AVS2000 turned on ALL the time?? or doing something differently?? I hope this makes sense - please advise what the best course of action may be. Thank you!

NicholasL

Second Unit
I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly, but it seems you have the gist of it down. I own both units too, so I'll try and help. With the HTPS7000 plugged into an unswitched outlet of the AVS2000, it will continuously receive power. NOT a constant 120 volts. That only happens when the AVS2000 is on. However, if it's just for internal clocks or whatnot, you don't need a constant 120 volts of power. That's only necessary when your system and monitor are on, and all pistons are firing.

AllanP

Agent
Nicholas:

Thank you for your "quick" reply - that is one of my concerns - that the connected equipment will NOT be regulated when the AVS2000 is OFF. However, it makes sense that it is OK as long as it is just the VCR clocks and cable box clocks that are "powered" - in my case, my Marantz A/V receiver is also connected to the HTPS7000SS in an "always on" outlet - I use the Marantz' remote control to turn it on which in turn, sequentially fires up the connected components on the back of the HTPS7000SS. This occurs via the small cable going from the back of the HTPS7000SS to the Marantz receiver (I forgot what it is called that permits this function).

My other question is this:

If I power up the Marantz remotely which in turn powers up the HTPS7000SS and the connected components because the HTPS7000SS is plugged into an unswitched outlet on the back of the AVS2000, how do I turn on the AVS2000 without having to manually push the button on the front of the unit???

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Hey guys i think your both misunderstanding what the on/off button does. Its only used for the "switched" outlets. The unswitched outlets are always on and regulated. If you have your 7000 plugged into the unswitched and all your equipment plugged into the 7000, pushing the on/off button only turns on the LCD's. I'm going to e-mail Monster to verify.

Kevin

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
You are correct - The power button on the front of the AVS2000 (ref and sig versions) are only for the switched outlets on the back.
It's ok to leave the AVS2000 on. I do. However, I do defeat the display.
Elbert

Kevin. W

Screenwriter

Isn't the unit always on if plugged into the wall outlet directly? You can't turn it off or on? The only way to turn it off/on is to utilize a 12v trigger right?

Kevin

NicholasL

Second Unit
Yeah, I have my AVS2000 connected to my preamp via 12 volt trigger. Even when the preamp is turned off, which in effect "turns off" the AVS2000, the AVS2000 doesn't totally turn off. Some lights click off, the dispay readout kills, but many lights remain on. So I guess what you were saying, Kevin and Elbert, is correct...that powering down the AVS2000 simply powers off the switched outlets.

AllanP

Agent
OK, thanks to all for replying. I "think" I'm getting this now - the "on / off" switch on the AVS2000SS is for the "switched" outlets only and also the three (3) LED displays on the unit (voltage, correction and ampere draw). So, if I connect my AVS7000SS to the "unswitched" outlet on the back of the AVS2000SS, I should be "covered" even if the AVS2000SS is turned OFF. I also understand that, if desired, I can leave the AVS2000SS ON ALL THE TIME, however, I can turn down the three LED displays (is this necessary or can they be left in "display" mode all the time as well) - or is there a burn-out factor to consider?

My other question is this: I have my Marantz SR-18U turning on the AVS7000SS via the trigger cable that comes with the 7000. If I connect the 7000 to the 2000 and the Marantz triggers the 7000 to turn on, what turns on the 2000? If there is a way to use TWO triggers, wouldn't the Marantz then turn on both the 7000 and 2000 simultaneously, which would not be a good idea, right? I have to leave the 7000 plugged into an "unswitched" outlet on the back of the 2000 because of connected equipment requiring continuous power (cable box, VCR, etc.) so using a "delayed" outlet would not be possible.

Jake S

Stunt Coordinator
I have the 7000ss also and was wondering if the AVS2000 will make a lot of audible noise from the movement inside ?

Kevin. W

Screenwriter

You may hear some clicking noise coming from the unit, but its usually only audible during quiet scenes in movies.

Kevin

CarlP

Agent
I too, own the 2000 and 7000 combo. My question to everyone is "Do the volt and amp numbers match up perfectly on your units?" There is a .5 to 2.0 difference in amps and up to 2 volt difference between the units. My call to Monster was pointless, the person gave me a real B.S. answer.
Can the software on the 7000 be upgraded, to match the AVS2000? You input would be appreciated...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks