Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Help with my Onkyo 601

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Omard.

Omard.

Stunt Coordinator

• 200 posts

Posted September 24 2004 - 04:41 AM

I would like to know if anybody has connected video source to the coaxial port? Can you change the setting to not be CD?

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Charlie C

Charlie C

Stunt Coordinator

• 237 posts

Posted September 24 2004 - 05:45 AM

Do not really understand your question. I am looking at the back of the Onkyo I found it thru your home page. Please be specific.

Video source - DVD player, CD player, VCR, TIVO, Cable box?

Coaxial cable could mean a few different cables. Like Digital Coax is a 75 ohm sheilded RCA cable. to me, Coax is the cable that you have to screw on, like the one that comes out of your wall for cable tv, which the onkyo has.

"Can you change the setting to not be CD"

what setting? this ? I dont get, elaborate please.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Rick_Brown

Rick_Brown

Second Unit

• 449 posts

Posted September 24 2004 - 07:18 AM

You can connect the digital coax cable from your video source to a digital cax input on your receiver - I believe there are two of these inputs. Your manual will tell you what the default settings are for these inputs and how to change them if necessary.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Omard.

Omard.

Stunt Coordinator

• 200 posts

Posted September 24 2004 - 08:00 AM

I'm connecting my satellite receiver to my Onkyo. And i'm doing it thru digital coax. But the receiver default the coax to the CD selection. The problem with this is that when I have been watching dvd then I switch to this receiver. I have to press video 1 or something like that and then press cd. Becuase just pressing cd does not change the video feed.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   parin_patel

parin_patel

Stunt Coordinator

• 127 posts

Posted September 25 2004 - 10:32 AM

Quote:
I have to press video 1 or something like that and then press cd. Becuase just pressing cd does not change the video feed.

This is because the digital coaxial input is associated with CD. You need to go to the INPUT Setup menu for VIDEO1 in the receiver and change the setting for "a. Digital Input" to COAX. This should allow you switch to VIDEO1 and receive both audio and video for the sat receiver. Hope this helps,

-Parin

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Omard.

Omard.

Stunt Coordinator

• 200 posts

Posted September 27 2004 - 06:30 AM

I will try this thanks.